Thread: Virtual Kingdom, Age 62 ~ Tannhauser Requiem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needs to get out more
    Rage Against The Machine:

War, explore and honor are foremost on many players and, by default, kingdom mindsets. Observing the server in total we see most kingdoms as pigeonholed to war status. This is the dilemma of self evaluation. So here I'll just touch on being true to yourself and mention the idea of playing house. I mentioned this in the Talk forum, but feel it should be explained here in it's genesis of the Virtual Kingdom.

PLAYING HOUSE~
    Seems somewhat derogatory but I don't like mincing words for mock toughness. Playing house refers to putting kingdom culture ahead of numerical goals. The kingdom functions as a peaceful neighbor who's aims are internal growth. The ideals of playing house are:
    1- exploring our pool at our leisure.
    2- studying science like any higher culture may desire.
    3- taking acres from inactives or kingdoms wishing to reduce acres through diplomatic relationships.
    4- our interests are defensive at heart so retaliation is part of a higher culture.
    5- practicing diplomacy as a means of preserving peace.

We aren't lacking in a willingness to war. While we might be more concerned with our internal harmony there will always be aggressors attempting to take advantage for any number of reasons. The Virtual Kingdom provides every personality and race, therefore contains elements to aggress in our own right. We don't have to wait to be hit if indications are obvious that an opposing kingdom wants to test their luck. It's important to note that elements for retaliating larger kingdoms are built in. If by roleplaying we serve our happy peasants we owe them proper defense and retribution against our enemies. The most important thing is that we stick together provided the occupants of this kingdom act in a noble manner. Trouble makers aren't tolerated. That said, retaliation is not just about trading acres or science, but to force a point. I can respect a willing kingdom relentlessly waving this kingdom, but this is only respect. We can be as cruel in action as we please, but speak calmly and respectfully to our enemies. Call it chivalry. The reason cruelty is important to excercise at times is because some enemies will focus in cold regard to what we stand for. Sometimes diplomacy is the light that guides by example. Sometimes relentless punishment is necessary to exhibit the fact that this kingdom is not about weakness, but strength.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 19-07-2014 at 21:31.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information