Thread: Request: Interesting, Modern Theme

Regular

Request: Interesting, Modern Theme

All of these themes that have currently been posted are, as Palem calls it, bare-bones minimum. They take out "all the flashy images" as he says. But I like those "flashy images." As a matter of fact I think this game could use some more flashy images.

I don't really have a good grasp on what to ask for, but I know that plain bland white (or even dark/black) background is just too boring for me. I'd rather use the default theme than any of the ones anybody has posted so far.

I say this to give you something else to think about and try besides just making it all plain and, as I would call it, boring.

The person with the Facebook suggestion has my vote. I like the blue and the modern style. It's very similar because it's got stationary columns with a column that scrolls which is really the same idea here, but Facebook is far more this decade.

Here's your starting point:
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Its not that hard to play around with.
    if you get stuck hop on irc.
    Server: irc.utonet.org
    Channe: #UtoThemes

Just keep in mind that the page layout is already defined, you can just style it. Unless you want to build a browser plugin that is...
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Regular
    I like your suggestion, this is what comes to my mind:
    For different kind of messages there should be some images to cycle through, like black burned wizards with that hats fallen of, while surrounding some tipped-over cauldron.

Perhaps even some more race-dependent images as well. And most important, something fun to add to your successful ops or attacks. Allowing for an even greater sense of satisfaction.

But apart from thinking up an idea, it takes people to draw those images and that is something that I cannot help with. My choice to strip down the theme comes from my own preferences to have faster navigating through the Utopia pages, while I am on a limited connection mobile phone.

Thread Information