Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Munkbot

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by khanmy View Post
    great tool... wondering if the data charts can be altered in such way thats it little more eligible (perhaps like upoopu - basic information presented in main screen with ops and further detials by clicking on the province or scrolling over)... Perhaps I am be little to critical as I am a new user... but I hope you take the critic in a positive way - one where the data center is more user friendly. Also at odd times both on chrome and firefox it showed same tap multiple times for me.. eg. "Kingdom News" repeated like 4 times on left handside... and lastly - maybe my computer was having one of those monthly cycles... but both firefox and chrome RAM jumped up to 495k megs... cooling fan kicks in and does not shut off - kills the ears overtime.

bot A+++ Data center: I think it needs some work (user friendly - where data is easier to read and follow).
    Please give me a screenshot of a simplier data display and I might be able to replicate it.

As for the KD news getting repeated etc etc that's cos I was changing code and moving over to a smarter solution. Hopefully won't happen again -- but my only excuse is because active development is on-going :).
    umunk.net
    Contact me if you want munkbot (find me on irc or on email).

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by khanmy View Post
    wondering if the data charts can be altered in such way thats it little more eligible (perhaps like upoopu - basic information presented in main screen with ops and further detials by clicking on the province or scrolling over).
    Have you tried using different pre-set views? Might partially just be getting used to a different layout. Currently when you expand the details on different pages to get more precise calculations the data you get is pretty large, so adding the kind of stuff that is already on the war/op/resources row(ops, def, off, ect ect) would probably clutter more than it already is.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starvd View Post
    What ever happened to good ole figuring it out on your own. Impressive looking program, but call me old fashion, I like playing the game and not having something do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    It makes life easy for a king to monitor your kingdoms progress and frees up a lot of his time. Monarchs are the thing ultimately dwindling in this game. More monarchs means more kingdoms means more players hooked!
    ^ this ^

It is an information storage system. If you want to know why people don't want to do it the old fashion way you could ask the same question to every company paying millions $ to use a giant ERP platform from SAP or Oracle. It gives leadership a framework to more efficiently manage everything.

It lets the theorycrafters run simulations and provide builds for people to follow
    It lets war leaders monitor every detail of the enemy KD including economy of their provinces, their login activity and their army return timers
    It lets general leadership monitor kd activity and make sure people arent starving, not logging in, running appropriate off/def/tpa/wpa build specs, science allocations, etc ,etc
    etc
    etc
    etc

Peppie said it in another thread, leaders need information, without information you cant make informed decisions. Utopia does a bad job of letting leaders have information since you cant see anything going on in any province outside of their land and networth. Bots such as this one bridge that gap among other things.
    Last edited by Cry0; 19-07-2014 at 02:41.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Trust me I get why it exist and it's a great looking program, but my preference is to do it on my own. lol I am not comparing it to a company that makes money, because that doesn't compare at all. This is a game and its meant to be fun. Part of that is running different builds and figuring out what works for you. If I had a program that told me exactly what each build would do then this game would get old quickly. This program to me is like starting an online dynasty on FIFA and then simming the entire season. I get why it exist and its great for those who want to use it. But, if I am playing a game (that I cannot profit from) then I am going to play the game and not have a program do it for me. This game used to give you free things for not logging in for 12 hours or so. It was meant for the casual gamer that wants to add a decent make believe strategy based war game. Sure their are the kingdoms like PEW PEW and AMA that are hard-core about this. Thats great and more power to them, its better for the game to have competition. If my kingdom gets up to that point then we wont have an option but to use something like this to be competitive. I just think it takes away from the game itself. Again not knocking it, just my personal opinion. Things evolve and you must adapt, I get it.

I completely agree with Starvd. I rarely use any programs and rarely use the in game target finder. Keeps the game fun and it feels like you really work for the gains you recieve.

Forum Addict
    This script doesn't tell you what to do.. at all?

It's automates something that all kingdoms more or less try to do anyway -- get an overview of your intel. While doing it it adds a few features so that people can communicate easier and get the shared intel.
    umunk.net

I like to post
    Only problem i see here is security. Munk have access to all your kd Intel and all Intell you get other kds. Not only this but he can see all your orders/plans. This security problem is really big. From other side if his bot is good and make all so user friendly for use include in android maybe he can "sell" code to utopia devs so they can add it direct in game. Keep security level high and make game better for all.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Forum Fanatic
    I mean, you're right elit -- Munk does have access to all that.

I will say the following -- Munk has run a public TF that he makes available to everyone every age for probably 40 ages now, he used to run an intelsite for probably 20-25 ages before it died for a bit. He clearly is interested in helping the community more than using it as a resource to gather intel. He won't even tell me what kds are using munkbot. But look, obviously any intelsite you use, you have to choose to trust the host. It is a known fact that the playboys leadership, for example, have had access to utopiapimp and used it as a targetfinder. Other solutions are similar. That's why most of the SKs these days opt to build their own solution.

I can tell you munk doesn't take advantage of the folks using munkbot. It doesn't make sense for him to, honestly. But yes, ultimately, the user needs to make sure that they're comfortable with the fact that munk can see their data.

I suspect munk would be willing to sell it to the devs if they wanted it, but it's fairly reliant on IRC and they don't want to go that route.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Attero View Post
    I completely agree with Starvd. I rarely use any programs and rarely use the in game target finder. Keeps the game fun and it feels like you really work for the gains you recieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    This script doesn't tell you what to do.. at all?

It's automates something that all kingdoms more or less try to do anyway -- get an overview of your intel. While doing it it adds a few features so that people can communicate easier and get the shared intel.
    It's good that you have done this munk; more noble work from CR.

As Attero and Starvd, I'm not opposed to this but it's not my style. In fact I'd consider facing a kingdom so equipped as a worthy challenge. My intuition tells me this may be one of those right brain/left brain preferences.

If I may ask, how did you choose your kingdom strategy this age? No secret details, just a general summary if you please.
    And...
    Thank you and thank you on behalf of the community. Any pursuit that may result in players staying or better is a good work munk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    You are limited in what you can control. Being able to know the outcome of a specific build % is a variable in utopia that you can control and I think it is stubborn to not take advantage of that.

Id rather spend my time worrying about activity in war and how to out maneuver the other KD since those aren't things I can simply simulate 2 months ahead of time.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Needs to get out more
    Is it stubborn?
    When my RPG group played a D&D campaign recently it was decided to skip all Forgotten Realm, Dragon Magazine and a few other supplemental options. The reason was to keep the game playable in the framework it was originally conceived. We did great. The game master is faced with tremendous challenge against a room full of RPG veterans. We didn't need any options. It's in this arena I learned about teamwork and adapting to circumstance, challenging the odds and thinking in unorthodox ways. I also chose to play good alignment because it offers leverage for adventure. It's more challenging to do the right thing and therefore makes the game experience richer. ( I also chose lighter armor so my game master and friend could enjoy his share of success. I wrote this in as personal choice by my character.)

Now as for Utopia I choose to act in honorable ways sans technology as a challenge and the fact I'm tech inept. The teamwork in RPG isn't the culture at large here so I choose a path to enjoy the adventure of the game. So in many ways embracing technology isn't just counter to my ability, it's also counter to my style. Munkbot is a marvelous addition and again, may result in old player retention and new player yield. I support it and praise it's function.

A rewind is in order now. So do you know why D&D began releasing these new options? Because newer players require immediate results. The offense grew dramatically from my past experiences in the game. What happens when you add options is it opens more space for exploitation. This is undeniable. I wasn't even exploiting D&D but became an incredibly effective zone defender. If you know my style here I practice gap/zone tactics. There are parallels.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 20-07-2014 at 19:18.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Well joined up with Munkbot since last week, i must say that im impressed! This is coming from using UpoOpu (which i still think is more fancy than munk interface but not at all near all the stuff munkbot has). We got setup to run the intel site without the bot, and i was a bit skeptic about it first because the interface on Upo is so clean and nice designed. Though after a day or two i got used to munkface and it worked out. Then we got THE bot running and everything was awesome again. If your KD runs most it conversations on IRC this is the bot for you. I just cant say how great it is to see all the action announced in the spamchan, you see exactly whats going on, you ask for a sot and when its taken you see it and can call upon it. No need to chat intel all day long and what targets you have done and what needs to be done. You see it live and can spend time discussing fun stuff instead =)

There are many features you dont have in Upo, to many to list here, that are really useful and the best thing is you can call them on irc. If you dont have a irc client, there is a ingame irc, the bot is also ingame so there is really not a NEED to run the bot itself but i must say its nice to do so =) You can see the stats for the war during/after, stats on everyone, nice charts to follow your/enemy provinces (similar the charts in upo). Of course there are still things i would like to add/change and some are more in depth that would require time and some are as easier. I love the fact that munk has patience with you (me =) and helps out as good as he can and have time. There is also a chan now for the bot #munkbot where you can ask questions to ease up the load on munk.

If you have good ideas munk is willing to incorporate them into the script, i wanted to know how much gold was sent to the dragon and from whom, but that feature wasnt there, only who has sent specs/leets to kill the dragon. I asked munk about this and 15 minutes later he replied that it was done. You dont have this anywhere else and all of these things combined beats using Upo.

And about the security issue, as Zauper said, munk is a community man. I see it as Bishop also sees everything, the devs do it as well, what is it to stop them from giving away your intel or abusing it. If you are worried about this then i would say your worries are not realistic and that you shouldnt be playing the game (or using the bot then =). I trust munk, after knowing him for a week more or less. If it was some random player that just started this and said "Hey i got awesome features for you to use for free" then i would be a bit worried. But this is not the case, so...in the end it comes down to you. Munk is always willing to setup the bot and help you out, because he wants to help out.

If you like the service make sure to .donate to it. I've done it as well as another kd mate, its a lot of time taken to code this and .donating to developers is always great so we can get them drunk and keep em coding ;)
    Having this said, my whole KD is now on munk and we will have our first war based on munk only, its going to be so much fun!

Needs to get out more
    Very nice. I think the addition of dragon gold tracking is invaluable for kingdoms who want to be serious. I had assumed it already had this feature, but it's noble for Munk to include at your request. - For those who may not have thought this through, it ferrets out sloppy play or trolls. Makes a good troll deterrent if it's widely known a kingdom with Munkbot can spot these guys.
    The security is a non-issue IMHO because everyone who would use Munkbot are aware of the situation. Munk could've kept this in house and never had to share his genius.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Forum Addict
    It had track of donations - just not of dragon-killing.
    umunk.net

Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    It had track of donations - just not of dragon-killing.
    silly feature, leet players just post fake
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information