Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Wiki Questions, Corrections & Updates

Post Fiend
    I think I see where the additive comes into play...
    But assuming as the birthrate is a constant and assuming L&P is another constant additive to birthrate
    It should be able to be displayed as a ratio (BR "+" L&P)/BR which should translate to a clean %...

Yes I know that is pulled from the wiki... but the ONLY way I can think of where it "might" make a different change it to change some positions so that it reads

Peasants Hourly Change = (Current Peasants - Storms - Drafted Soldiers - Wizards Trained) * (Birth Rate + Love & Peace) * Homes Bonus * Chastity

I was thinking that the wiki equation was treating changes as what "would" happen in the next tick...
    As opposed what last ticks effectes "were"...
    But I am still seeing the same result again...

Only difference I see now us that BR is a "variable" constant of .0205 X (.95 through 1.05) and L&P "ADDS" and hard constant of .0085 to the "variable" constant.
    Which (comparable to ToG's 40 - 80%) would introduce a range of % of improvment of about 39.5% - 43.7% increase (depending on the ± random 5%)

Veteran
    Whilst we are on this point, the BR formula in the wiki is missing ritual and EoW CF.

These might also help with working out if it's + or x as above (although it depends where there operate in the formula - ie whether they are changing the base BR or the just an additional multiplication outside the brackets).

I still struggle to see the value of this %s thing as a comparative tool. Most of them don't compare to each other well at all, and the ones that do its fairly easy to tell which is numerically superior however you present 5 vs 10% or 80% vs 120% ...

You could be onto something with the variable constant of BRs RNG, vs the flat rate of L&P as for reasoning on the 0.85% vs +41.5% as its effect.

This is how I would calc BR (not peasant change, so no draft or wiz removed)

BR = Peasants * ({[IF(UtoDate="YR0",0.0305,0.0205) * RANDBETWEEN(950,1050)/1000) + IF(L&P="Yes",0.0085,0)] * (1 + Homes effect) * Chastity?} - Storms?) * Overpop? * EoWCF * Ritual * Race * Plague

... for peasant change the overpop is a bit more complicated than just * 1 or 0, of course, along with draft and wizards trained.

Post Fiend
    What I was thinking was that while yes most arent compareable on there own but i was starting to think ahead to next age already and I wanted to try to get a clearer picture of what race/pers/buildings/spells stack/work in tandem for the highest %'s

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBDuDe View Post
    What I was thinking was that while yes most arent compareable on there own but i was starting to think ahead to next age already and I wanted to try to get a clearer picture of what race/pers/buildings/spells stack/work in tandem for the highest %'s
    I don't really get it either because most of the spells do different things so won't be stacking with other spells anyway. I appreciate they stack with other things, but I'm not sure how it helps to be able to sort spell %s to look at that.

Post Fiend
    I see it as comparing Elite/spec numbers and net, thief/magic bonuses (also taking into account the fact that thief and wizzard net values are the lowest and static (not inflated by effeciencies)), building % improvments... etc...

Sure they are all various effects and %'s but most EVERYONE still compares them to pick race/pers/builds/strats...

You have to look at them as a whole in the terms that Utopia handles them in order to assign value VS other bonuses/values that may not be directly related to eachother.

Take CS for example... Outside of WT it has almost no compareable value but the fact that it automatically stops 1/4 of thief ops makes it topic of disscusion every age as to whether it should be a race/pers bonus... where it should be an attacker/mage spell for its intended purpose of def against thiefs or a thievery based race/pers spell to make them that much more specialized role...

are they one off spells/ops or will they stack/augment certain roles...

These go for (Insofar racial only) negative stats as well... Will it be a heavy attacker/thief/mage age...

Does a elites/specs strength or value or cost outweigh a rogue's TD or stealth bonus? or magics ability to always be available when chained?

At face value they are incompareable but when you look at them as a whole there are clear trade offs...

There is a reason why we are rotating/tweaking values/races/pers because as much as we love balance... with a variety of races/pers/bonus/spells/ops there will always be more powerful values/combinations (stackable/augments) than others...

Whether it is a nerf or boon... it generally happens for a reason... and that is mostly from generally non-comparable values that are clearly OP or underpowered...

Attack Time in War

War
    Immediate Effects
    -10% Attack Time
    After 12 Hours
    -20% Attack Time
    After 24 Hours
    No Distance Penalties for Attacks
    I am pretty sure it should go to -25% Attack time after 12h... As we have 12h base attack time in War these days, do we not?

That is to say, I believe base Attack time in War(after 24h) would be calculated as;
    16 * 0.75 = 12
    not
    16 * 0.8 * 0.9 = 11.52, or even 16 * 0.75 * 0.9 = 10.8

... and at 12h it would also be;
    16 * 0.75 = 12
    not
    16 * 0.8 * 95 = 12.16, or 16 * 0.75 * 0.95 = 11.4 (half of the island penalty, assuming this would slide in as well)

IF a War was intra-island, then I believe after 12h it would be;
    16 * 0.9 * 0.75 = 11.4

I think somehow the -10% and "No Distance penalty" got mixed up here, and its kinda the same thing being accounted for twice... I am open to other interpretations, though

Veteran
    Pls remove thievery effectiveness form the thievery yield formula. Science does not increase thievery gains.

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...Thievery_Yield

Looks like WT % less damage caused is base of 2.5, with cap of 75%, and % chance to repel is base of 1.5, cap 50%

Unis also appear to be 2.5 base, up from 2, and new cap I would expect to be 62.5%

Dungeons will have to wait til they are built :)

Hey guys, if it's not already done by then; I'll be going through and updating a few things on the Wiki to bring them current with the new changes. Anything other than the building formulas and race/pers that I need to add while I'm at it?
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

I think all that's lacking, aside from Age-Age changes as you mention are the last couple items on this page of the thread.

Dungeons now house 30, will confirm prisoner income a little later today.

Bah, i forgot, tomorrow... tomorrow.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 01-02-2018 at 21:11.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Dungeons now house 30, will confirm prisoner income a little later today.
    Awesome, I'll go ahead and update the wiki with the new capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    Awesome, I'll go ahead and update the wiki with the new capacity.
    Thanks mate, toddlers have a way of changing schedules about -_-
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Had to reverse engineer a bit, see if people agree with my maths;

Daily Income 17084
    Prisoners 111

Daily Income 17170
    Prisoners 184

Prisoners should be calculated as part of Raw Income, and then modified... I have 1.87715 income modifier current from banks as well as Affluent.

Increase of 86 gc / 73 Prisoners = 1.178 gc / Prisoner

1.178 / 1.87715 modifier = ~0.625 gc / Prisoner

Thread Information