Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Glutt is 1.2* drought. Same as ET
    Thank you, my favorite. <3

Soldier and Horsies NW?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Soldier and Horsies NW?
    On it. Friday night was not the time. ;)
    I can fix it now though.

haha fair enough! Just wanted to make sure it didn't get skipped :D

... Noticed the sci didn't make it into the Total Networth formula;

Total Networth = (Peasants * 1) + (Soldiers * Soldier NW) + (Off Specs * Offspec NW)
    + (Def Specs * Defspec NW) + (Elites * Elite NW) + (Money / 1000) + (Horses * 1.2)
    + (Thieves * 4) + (Wizards * 4) + (Science / 92) + (Barren Land * 40)
    + (Buildings * 60) + (Buildings in Progress * 50)

(Science / 92) should be (Ticks of XP / 2.6)

Scribe
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Relations

still says fortified limited to 48 hours not 72

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...mended_Defense

It talks about DPA for attackers and TMs for beginning, middle, and end of age and the numbers are before the Offensive and Defensive values changed a few ages back. Not sure EXACTLY who should address this, but it recommends 70-90dpa at EOA for TM... I know EVERYONE here can contest that it would be HIGHLY inadequate to run that low.

I recommend someone with a far higher strategical knowledge of the OPA/DPA address this please? It will definitely help out the new players coming into the game.
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Relations

still says fortified limited to 48 hours not 72
    I fixed this, as well as the vestigial note that science is limited to active.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...mended_Defense

It talks about DPA for attackers and TMs for beginning, middle, and end of age and the numbers are before the Offensive and Defensive values changed a few ages back. Not sure EXACTLY who should address this, but it recommends 70-90dpa at EOA for TM... I know EVERYONE here can contest that it would be HIGHLY inadequate to run that low.

I recommend someone with a far higher strategical knowledge of the OPA/DPA address this please? It will definitely help out the new players coming into the game.
    Until we can figure some better numbers, I've added an obnoxious note to the top of the page.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    haha fair enough! Just wanted to make sure it didn't get skipped :D

... Noticed the sci didn't make it into the Total Networth formula;

Total Networth = (Peasants * 1) + (Soldiers * Soldier NW) + (Off Specs * Offspec NW)
    + (Def Specs * Defspec NW) + (Elites * Elite NW) + (Money / 1000) + (Horses * 1.2)
    + (Thieves * 4) + (Wizards * 4) + (Science / 92) + (Barren Land * 40)
    + (Buildings * 60) + (Buildings in Progress * 50)

(Science / 92) should be (Ticks of XP / 2.6)
    I have made this edit.

Post Fiend
    It still reads Learn instead of Abduct...
    Live long and prosper

Post Fiend
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but the personalities details are a bit off, they don't match the official posting of Age 71 in forums. eg wiki guide says warrior has access to bloodlust but it doesn't anymore.

I've got them updated now. Sorry, only just started back and forgot to do the Personalities when I did the Races page. Also have the self-spell portion of the magic page and the sciences page updated to reflect the new changes.

Anyone know the number for Blizzard?
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Post Fiend
    Don't forget War Hero also has +5% gains too.

I don't know blizzard numbers sorry.

Thanks for your work, doing a great job!

Is the page on Overpopulation correct?

It won't allow me to post links, so this is the page with ".com" changed to " dot com": wiki.utopia-game dot com/index.php?title=Overpopulation

For example: Metric = MIN [ 1 , 0.20* [(Current population-Peasants*0.07)/Max population - 1] ]

Let's say Current population = 10753 Peasants + 5000 military = 15753. Max population = 10000. (Here, when I say "military", I'm gonna include wizards and thieves.) Assume no military is in training. Also, for simplicity, assume all military is at home.

So Metric = MIN [ 1 , 0.20* [(15753-10753 *0.07)/10000 - 1] ] = MIN [ 1 , 0.20* [(15000)/10000 - 1] = MIN [ 1 , 0.20* 0.5 ] = 0.1

Let's say 5000 military = 0 wizards, 0 thieves, 0 off specs, 0 def specs, 4500 elites, 500 soldiers.

According to the formulas, elite, thief, offspec, defspec desertions are all 0, and soldier desertions = Max[(Solds home-{Leet Desertions + Thief Desertions + Defspecs Desertions + OffSpecs Desertions}) * Metric,0] = Max[(500 * 0.1,0] = 50.

So 50 soldiers desert the next tick. This contradicts "Troops desert at a rate of 20% the amount you are overpopulated, calculated after peasants leave." In this example, we're overpopulated by 5000 after peasants leave. 20% of that is 1000 =/= 50 soldiers deserting.

Take another similar-ish example.

Current population = 1075 Peasants + 5000 military = 6075. Max population = 4000.

So Metric = MIN [ 1 , 0.20* [(6075-1075 *0.07)/4000 - 1] ] = MIN [ 1 , 0.20* [(6000)/4000 - 1] = MIN [ 1 , 0.20* 0.5 ] = 0.1

5000 military = 0 wizards, 0 thieves, 0 off specs, 0 def specs, 4500 elites, 500 soldiers.

According to the formulas, elite, thief, offspec, defspec desertions are all 0, and soldier desertions = Max[(Solds home-{Leet Desertions + Thief Desertions + Defspecs Desertions + OffSpecs Desertions}) * Metric,0] = Max[(500 * 0.1,0] = 50.

So 50 soldiers desert next tick. In this example, we're overpopulated by 2000 after peasants leave. 20% of that is 400 =/= 50 soldiers deserting.

The formulas also seem to imply that as long as any one of elites/thieves/dspecs/ospecs * metric > soldiers at home, soldier desertions = Max[ a negative number, 0 ] = 0. In other words, either you desert one or more types of non-soldier troops and desert no soldiers OR you desert only soldiers. Does that feel correct?

Back to the first example. But let's change the military to:

5000 military = 0 wizards, 0 thieves, 0 off specs, 0 def specs, 4600 elites, 400 soldiers.

According to the formulas, elite desertions now = 4600 * 0.1 = 460 because elites * metric = 460 > 400 = number of soldiers at home. Thief, offspec, defspec desertions are all 0, and soldier desertions = Max[(Solds home-{Leet Desertions + Thief Desertions + Defspecs Desertions + OffSpecs Desertions}) * Metric,0] = Max[(400 - 460) * 0.1, 0] = Max[ a negative number, 0 ] = 0.

So with a slight change in the number of elites and soldiers sitting at home, instead of 50 soldiers and no other military deserting in the first example, we now have 460 elites and 0 soldiers deserting. Does that feel correct?

Basically, from the formulas, it looks like the number of soldiers at home isn’t “If you have sufficient soldiers then they can desert in place of a particular troop type” but rather the number of soldiers at home serves as a check. As long as number of soldiers at home >= elites * metric, no elites desert, and then the same for thieves, dspecs, ospecs. If the number of soldiers at home passes this check for each troop type, then only [(number of soldiers at home) * metric] soldiers desert. If soldiers deserted in place of other troop desertions, it would be more like: number of soldiers deserting = MIN [ (elites + thieves + dspecs + ospecs) * metric, number of soldiers at home ].

Let me know if there are any parts that are confusing. It’s pretty confusing for me, too, lol.

Thanks!

Thread Information