Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh my

Oh my

So log in today to see 2 of the Big Bad KDs attacking our KD...and another 22+ prov KD suddenly razing me and my steward for a completely false reason (claimed we attacked them and continued even after they asked us to stop -- nowhere in the news or message history to support that reason).

Of course this happens like .25hrs after we get a war agreed with someone (fortunately the war hasn't actually started) - and are now 20 attacks down before the day has even started... I mean...I get that there are gains reductions for not only size but GB...but it really doesn't do much. It's sorta silly that a kingdom 3x our size can basically wave us for their own bs reasons that just happen to fall in line with 2 others kingdoms attacking us at the same time. What chance do we have?

I will say...I'm very new...joined recently. Was very excited to get our KD going, changing a ghetto into something formidable (at least in the regular KD world of 20 prov KDs). I like wars, I don't mind getting chained, losing acres, etc...but when it comes down to our provs wanting to quit the game because of stuff like this...it makes it difficult to try any more.

I'm not saying make some new rules or anything...just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the following... I would like honest answers please. The Questions have intended audiences..

1) If you're a 25 prov KD that is 5Mil NW, hit into a 1.5mil NW KD - then rage at the province who retaliated against you and send 1/2 the KD to attack not only that province, but the rest of the KD who had nothing to do with any of this...all in the span of 2 hours...what are you trying to accomplish?

2) If you're a 23 prov KD that is 2.25Mil NW and start razing the monarch and steward of a 1.5Mil NW KD - shouldn't you check to make sure that it REALLY IS the KD that apparently pissed you off? Because I saw no evidence anywhere of the claims made against us... Also - what is the point of it? Razing the monarch/steward...at least do trad marches so you gain something out of it...it just seems completely unsportsmanlike.

3) If you're a 20 prov or less KD that is currently under 2Mil NW -- how do you feel about all of this? About how easy it is for any of the above KDs to just hit you freely whenever they want...and that you can't do anything about it - because you aren't 25 provs. Even if they are a similar NW size as you, 25 active provinces will always beat 20 provs with less activity. They will always beat a KD that is trying to form, trying to learn the game, trying to make things better.

I wanted to support the game, work and contribute towards improving the game...but all of this seems so silly. We will likely lose a province out of this - hopefully no more than that.

Again...this isn't a cry for pity. They are honest questions. What are your motives for doing that? Why do you have CFs with your competitors - shouldn't they be the ones you're targeting? The ones that are your size? What's the motive for the 2nd KD? Cause you certainly won't get a war out of that...lastly what's the motive for the other KDs...the motive to try/play when you are constantly harassed by the 25prov KDs...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I think sometimes things snowball and misunderstandings happen, but a good monarch keeps his head on straight and gets them worked out ;)

smercjd, just a question for you, because I wonder about this all the time: do you enjoy to compete in games? Why do new players in utopia think that they're entitled to be ignored? Do you also tell people in FPS games to not shoot you and uninstall the game if they continue? The amount of attacks you receive are inversely proportional to your relative "scariness." If you don't want to be a target, don't be one. Big kingdoms rarely attack into kingdoms with offense and WPA. Why? Because every mechanic in this game (except for meter cap) is designed to give the smaller kingdom the upper hand. Your gains are much higher than theirs, and they have more to lose.

To answer your question: the motive for hitting for land is because the target hasn't sufficiently guarded it -- and this doesn't mean not enough defense. The motive for razing is removing provinces who are a threat to your kingdom. People don't generally just raze into 20 prov ghettos for no reason. There is surely something that you did to provoke it.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Forum Fanatic
    Taking safe acres makes you grow faster than unsafe acres.

Make your acres unsafe.

Needs to get out more
    I'm here for the little guy. First things first smercjd; behold the words from the top(Zauper/Godly) and let your kingdom know. There are few players I've noted who actually get motivated by fighting up. Oh, there are kingdoms that can fool a larger kingdom into thinking they're innocuous, but in reality there are not that many who actually enjoy the challenge.
    So let that sink in because it hurts anyone who essentially is a bully. Lots of guys.

Now to points. Kingdoms should build into their strat things that no one can realistically stop. This is why I poke fun at some of the larger war kingdoms. If their activity and tactics are so sound, why do they only build to fight on advantaged ground? I mean, they don't build the type of weapons that allow you to transcend your nw. They build to fight in focal exchanges with like builds.

To me you should have faith in your ability to play. Even ground? Heck, I run slop builds and I'm still standing. But what I do for myself is make sure I have superior striking power when I'm faced with a superior enemy. I like to fight up so much that it bugs me to hit down. You and your kingdom must understand they, the tops, have eyes for acres and crowns. They have tools that are just ridiculous compared to a guy like me who is in love with pimp. Understand their seriousness and play as casually as you like,...but have the weapons.

If you're not sure what that means, I mean archetypes. You want what is a double down on capability in a given field. Like elf sage because you can cast amnesia. Like orc warrior because it reaches the furthest. don't forget the guy last age with fools gold. Don't forget Remote. You don't need a full kingdom, but you'll want at least complimentary persona/race to trade hammers. You lose? Sure. But you cripple your enemy who has grand plans. There's much more to tearing someone heart out that I won't entertain because I know your here for the same reasons I am. Just please do remember that many play a cold game. Simply practice mutual respect. When you get none give none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    For cryin' out loud, I just remembered you have people there who do like to hit ^up^. I'd delete my entry, but I think you have the right faery for the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I think sometimes things snowball and misunderstandings happen, but a good monarch keeps his head on straight and gets them worked out ;)
    I'm trying Palem - D: You know this! :p

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    smercjd, just a question for you, because I wonder about this all the time: do you enjoy to compete in games? Why do new players in utopia think that they're entitled to be ignored? Do you also tell people in FPS games to not shoot you and uninstall the game if they continue? The amount of attacks you receive are inversely proportional to your relative "scariness." If you don't want to be a target, don't be one. Big kingdoms rarely attack into kingdoms with offense and WPA. Why? Because every mechanic in this game (except for meter cap) is designed to give the smaller kingdom the upper hand. Your gains are much higher than theirs, and they have more to lose.

To answer your question: the motive for hitting for land is because the target hasn't sufficiently guarded it -- and this doesn't mean not enough defense. The motive for razing is removing provinces who are a threat to your kingdom. People don't generally just raze into 20 prov ghettos for no reason. There is surely something that you did to provoke it.
    To answer your first question: hmm...I don't NOT enjoy competing. I tend to prefer "playing" though. FPS for example - of course I don't expect people to not shoot me...then again, I don't particularly like FPS games...We have a lot of offense...but the point isn't really retaliating on ONE kd. It's that we got "coincidentally" hit by 3 of the 25 prov KDs (4 now) and 1 23 prov KD. It's like they secretly collaborate to hit the same KD at once. Additionally, if I were a "pro" at an FPS shooter -- I would take out my threat first. I would battle it out early with another big KD and remove them as a threat for the later game. I do that in pretty much ANY RTS game I play. Obviously, all games are different and strategies are also different. So it's really difficult to actually relate it to those types of games.

I have zero idea what could've "provoked" the 23 prov KD...it's so bizarre. They went quiet after I pointed out to them that they must be mistaken...I really think (now) that really - they were severely mistaken and started razing me and my steward for no reason. So weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Taking safe acres makes you grow faster than unsafe acres.

Make your acres unsafe.
    That answer makes me cry :( lol -- we're just "safe" acres. Sigh...you know - it wouldn't be so bad if it were just one KD doing it, then another at another time...but all at once? Maybe as etiquette ya'll should SN first and notice that all your CF buddies are attacking into us and realize that you're really just destroying players. There is a guy who seems pretty determined to quit :(

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm here for the little guy. First things first smercjd; behold the words from the top(Zauper/Godly) and let your kingdom know. There are few players I've noted who actually get motivated by fighting up. Oh, there are kingdoms that can fool a larger kingdom into thinking they're innocuous, but in reality there are not that many who actually enjoy the challenge.
    So let that sink in because it hurts anyone who essentially is a bully. Lots of guys.

Now to points. Kingdoms should build into their strat things that no one can realistically stop. This is why I poke fun at some of the larger war kingdoms. If their activity and tactics are so sound, why do they only build to fight on advantaged ground? I mean, they don't build the type of weapons that allow you to transcend your nw. They build to fight in focal exchanges with like builds.

To me you should have faith in your ability to play. Even ground? Heck, I run slop builds and I'm still standing. But what I do for myself is make sure I have superior striking power when I'm faced with a superior enemy. I like to fight up so much that it bugs me to hit down. You and your kingdom must understand they, the tops, have eyes for acres and crowns. They have tools that are just ridiculous compared to a guy like me who is in love with pimp. Understand their seriousness and play as casually as you like,...but have the weapons.

If you're not sure what that means, I mean archetypes. You want what is a double down on capability in a given field. Like elf sage because you can cast amnesia. Like orc warrior because it reaches the furthest. don't forget the guy last age with fools gold. Don't forget Remote. You don't need a full kingdom, but you'll want at least complimentary persona/race to trade hammers. You lose? Sure. But you cripple your enemy who has grand plans. There's much more to tearing someone heart out that I won't entertain because I know your here for the same reasons I am. Just please do remember that many play a cold game. Simply practice mutual respect. When you get none give none.
    Seriously - I don't even want you to join my KD now...I just want you to be my personal therapist. lol -- Thanks. All of what you said makes perfect sense. Unfortunately I didn't assign jobs (though that idea of a balanced KD such as you've presented with your virtual KD is really awesome) - it's pretty close to my Utopian Motto that I don't make anyone do anything. I have certain minimum standards, but everyone can go where they please from there. Which leads me to the understanding that if I don't have those weapons because of this doctrine - then so be it. Just suck it up and win elsewhere...

As for respect -- they all respond respectfully to any messages I send. But they don't wait for these messages to act. By the time I've logged on, there'd already been what felt like 5 million attacks lol. In retrospect, I don't really think anyone got too severely damaged except maybe that one player who wants to quit...I just really dislike someone from my KD saying things like "I want to quit" -- you know? It's little knife in the heart that they don't intend to mean that as it's my fault, more-so they are frustrated with what happened. Anyway - I think I'm rambling now. Again, thanks sincerely for that reply.

Don't enjoy competing? Might I suggest solitaire?
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Stop this nonsense and take a selfie. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    So log in today to see 2 of the Big Bad KDs attacking our KD...and another 22+ prov KD suddenly razing me and my steward for a completely false reason (claimed we attacked them and continued even after they asked us to stop -- nowhere in the news or message history to support that reason).

Of course this happens like .25hrs after we get a war agreed with someone (fortunately the war hasn't actually started) - and are now 20 attacks down before the day has even started... I mean...I get that there are gains reductions for not only size but GB...but it really doesn't do much. It's sorta silly that a kingdom 3x our size can basically wave us for their own bs reasons that just happen to fall in line with 2 others kingdoms attacking us at the same time. What chance do we have?

I will say...I'm very new...joined recently. Was very excited to get our KD going, changing a ghetto into something formidable (at least in the regular KD world of 20 prov KDs). I like wars, I don't mind getting chained, losing acres, etc...but when it comes down to our provs wanting to quit the game because of stuff like this...it makes it difficult to try any more.

I'm not saying make some new rules or anything...just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the following... I would like honest answers please. The Questions have intended audiences..

1) If you're a 25 prov KD that is 5Mil NW, hit into a 1.5mil NW KD - then rage at the province who retaliated against you and send 1/2 the KD to attack not only that province, but the rest of the KD who had nothing to do with any of this...all in the span of 2 hours...what are you trying to accomplish?

2) If you're a 23 prov KD that is 2.25Mil NW and start razing the monarch and steward of a 1.5Mil NW KD - shouldn't you check to make sure that it REALLY IS the KD that apparently pissed you off? Because I saw no evidence anywhere of the claims made against us... Also - what is the point of it? Razing the monarch/steward...at least do trad marches so you gain something out of it...it just seems completely unsportsmanlike.

3) If you're a 20 prov or less KD that is currently under 2Mil NW -- how do you feel about all of this? About how easy it is for any of the above KDs to just hit you freely whenever they want...and that you can't do anything about it - because you aren't 25 provs. Even if they are a similar NW size as you, 25 active provinces will always beat 20 provs with less activity. They will always beat a KD that is trying to form, trying to learn the game, trying to make things better.

I wanted to support the game, work and contribute towards improving the game...but all of this seems so silly. We will likely lose a province out of this - hopefully no more than that.

Again...this isn't a cry for pity. They are honest questions. What are your motives for doing that? Why do you have CFs with your competitors - shouldn't they be the ones you're targeting? The ones that are your size? What's the motive for the 2nd KD? Cause you certainly won't get a war out of that...lastly what's the motive for the other KDs...the motive to try/play when you are constantly harassed by the 25prov KDs...

Hit them back. If those big kd's have any goal like growing or constant wars, you'll see they won't like it and they'll stop. That's what Godly and Zauper were referring too.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Enthusiast
    Wait, so Pyro randommed you. You retalled, then they went a bit extreme on the retals? That in itself isnt really strange. I am more interrested in the smaller KD razing you shortly after.
    Are the 2 connected?

Forum Fanatic
    Offense is your best friend. GET OFFENSE.

Thread Information