Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh my

Dear smercjd,

Please take a look at the advise Godly and StratOcastle gave you. They are 100% correct. Use this information to structure your kingdom in a way that kingdoms would not consider you a "safe hit". If you'd like to know more tricks to scare off "bullies", I'm sure a bunch of people are more than willing to give you some pointers on IRC as well.

In the above SN-snippet I see about 15-20 attacks on your kingdom but I don't see how many attacks you did. The mere fact that you claim that you had a war agreed and coming up does not show up in the news. I do not know if it would have helped, but sending in a few attacks from both sides and thus creating a hostile situation and tagging up was the way to go.

Anyway, I hope you can recover from the hits and still enjoy the planned war (if that's still going to happen).
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

so much political butthurt....

/recliner
    /katsup padadadurrr chips

@ Maximous -- lol - you certainly like to be exact about numbers...but the numbers are now posted...

and the charade of - "oh my! - did they attack them too? Oh silly me I didn't know! I just have a 'temporary' CF with all my Big KD friends and hide safely behind those walls. I never meant any harm! It must be someone else." Is simply...disheartening.

@ Godly - lmao - um, you need some purple drank?? I hear it helps calm the nerves. Also it was only 78 acres because the province that got hit retaliated...which then lead to more attacks and they were not only on the "offender"...funny because when I messaged your king - I said well you guys hit him first and that I understand his "right to retaliate" I then apologized for the bad message that he sent and asked that all this just stop -- but all he was was "and...?" No attempt for diplomacy. Clearly only intending to do what he wanted to do.

Note to everyone: I'm not sitting here angry or sad about the mechanics and the numbers. I'll throw them up there for you guys to discuss and debate over. The point I'm making is that you're making 1 or more people in my Kingdom unhappy with Utopia by playing this way. Nobody is stupid - we all see what you're doing. I am personally trying to help Utopia grow - well...now I know how hard it is...but it seems like you're almost actively trying to make it shrink. When it's gone, what will you do? Why not revive Utopia - fight each other early on. Or at the very least stop bullying tiny KDs... If you random someone and they retal you - you probably deserve it, that doesn't mean you need to send 1/2 a wave at them. Take an SN - it costs 3 stealth. Notice that they are currently being slammed by a million KDs (@ maximous, yes a million is exaggerated) - maybe have some decency to find someone else? Ever think of the other top KDs that you're ACTUALLY competing with?

But most cats are out of the bag. You guys know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by faegan View Post
    Dear smercjd,

Please take a look at the advise Godly and StratOcastle gave you. They are 100% correct. Use this information to structure your kingdom in a way that kingdoms would not consider you a "safe hit". If you'd like to know more tricks to scare off "bullies", I'm sure a bunch of people are more than willing to give you some pointers on IRC as well.

In the above SN-snippet I see about 15-20 attacks on your kingdom but I don't see how many attacks you did. The mere fact that you claim that you had a war agreed and coming up does not show up in the news. I do not know if it would have helped, but sending in a few attacks from both sides and thus creating a hostile situation and tagging up was the way to go.

Anyway, I hope you can recover from the hits and still enjoy the planned war (if that's still going to happen).
    Yes - I had sent the message to accept terms. Come back 3 hours later and all of this starts. (I posted "war agreed" in our banner). So "tagging up" as the way to go, was clearly the one thing that brought attention down on us. Or maybe it's the KD we have a war agreed with? Also, Did I miss 'advice' from Godly somewhere? Cause it seems like he is just insulting everyone, but maybe I missed a post somewhere. Though I'm not really insulted by nooby king - because I am a nooby King...but everyone else he seems pretty angry towards...or is it one of those in between the lines type thing?

I don't want "tricks to scare off bullies" -- I suppose I want bullies to be more considerate when they're bullying? Is that even a thing? Probably not...lol

Post Demon
    I'm not sitting here angry or sad about the mechanics and the numbers.
    I know you aren't Smercj. Some people on this forum like to shift the discussion with accusations like that. Don't let them get the better of you!

Post Demon
    I am personally trying to help Utopia grow - well...now I know how hard it is...but it seems like you're almost actively trying to make it shrink.
    So true :)

Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Also, Did I miss 'advice' from Godly somewhere? Cause it seems like he is just insulting everyone, but maybe I missed a post somewhere. Though I'm not really insulted by nooby king - because I am a nooby King...but everyone else he seems pretty angry towards...or is it one of those in between the lines type thing?
    Nah, that's just how he is. :)
    PEW PEW PEW!

Forum Fanatic
    Fact is, I'd hit someone on 20k off and 80k def over someone on 80k off and 20k def.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    Fact is, I'd hit someone on 20k off and 80k def over someone on 80k off and 20k def.
    What if he had millions of books, would you prefer to learn attack once or 4x ?

Just back from IRC -- Godly tells me I have 2 options - to take his advice or go away... you know...as if I even had the option? Why would I take advice from someone who doesn't actually listen to what I'm saying?? Now I know that he's intentionally wanting to make Utopia smaller...

Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Just back from IRC -- Godly tells me I have 2 options - to take his advice or go away... you know...as if I even had the option? Why would I take advice from someone who doesn't actually listen to what I'm saying?? Now I know that he's intentionally wanting to make Utopia smaller...
    Honestly why would you even talk to godly and who cares about what he says - 99% of it is a troll.

Post Fiend
    Just hit back. If you have enough active provs the damage for them will be much more severe. Their goal is growth. Exchanging hits with you will slow them down. At a point they'll have to stop.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    It's funny because I'm a player that basically only grows through war and retal. Obviously there are plenty of retals available. Sometimes I let a guy go if they seem new to the game. I'd send them advice, but then I'd get misdirected aggression. You can make them pay though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    What's with the dickhead 2.5mil kingdom? Big kingdoms whoring a defenseless target is nothing new, annoying but eventually they will run out of useful gains... I'd hope anyway. The dickhead razing kingdom sounds like one of those mid-tier warring ****holes that are the bane of this game.

Needs to get out more
    Oh, but on things we shouldn't escalate: undead conversion hits - when undead are nice enough to hit each other even-Steven it's win-win. Both undead get conversion troops and nobody gets plague.

Some players don't get this logic and then you have to go Bricktop on them. Just relax and convert. I've had some double kingdom retal because of this but I'm pretty happy in a batman fight. As long as my monarch isn't crying about the meter. What's a meter? Just kidding, but war isn't a bad thing for guys that enjoy them.

PLAYING HOUSE ~
    Which gets me to the misunderstood PLAY HOUSE. I'm kinda into mutual respect and a little known entity in this game is a casual gaming style I call 'playing house'. If I may I'd like to outline some basic rules to 'playing house' not just to clarify to the violent community, but to help these players self realize what the really ache for:

1- playing house means you enjoy the social aspects of the game to a fault
    2- that fault is not realizing your niche
    3- the playing house kingdom should essentially be happy with exploring their pool, working up science, cleaning up inactives for other kingdoms or taking acres from war kingdoms that want to cut fat diplomatically.
    4- this looks like an explorer but it's not. It's simply playing the game in a peaceful, good neighbor style. There are no cows other than what might equal necessity. This is about kingdom culture.
    5- it should be promoted as a style of play so that the community at large can attempt to abide.

I realize acre acquisition is something CR is doing and I commend them for this end of their game. But CR is here for crowns. So the answer here is to respect the acres a top kingdom may negotiate from a war kingdom. Fair enough. The play house can diplo peaceful coexistence provided they abide a non-aggression pact. Any deviation results in you being considered fair target. Simple if not perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information