Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Oh my

Forum Fanatic
    I never played Dungeons and Dragons. I always wanted to try, but it seemed like a lot of effort to set it all up and sit down and do it. It was easier to just play Magic: The Gathering. What's D+D's closest sibling in video game form? The Elder Scrolls series games?

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    I never played Dungeons and Dragons. I always wanted to try, but it seemed like a lot of effort to set it all up and sit down and do it. It was easier to just play Magic: The Gathering. What's D+D's closest sibling in video game form? The Elder Scrolls series games?
    Baldurs gate / icewindale use the dnd system of like dice rolls for your stats etc. Think its basically identical stats wise. Baldurs gate 2 I found somewhat playable like 5 years ago, the graphics are pretty offensive though..
    My life is better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    You have a quite large selection of games that has the DnD system, Baldurs gate 1 + 2 + expansions (are out in enhanced versions now ie better graphic) Icewindale 1+2, Neverwinter nights 1+2 ehm, there is more DDO online.. Planescape Tornament. I would suggest checking out Neverwinter Nights.

ah nwn was good I couldn't think of it, definitely the one you should try as the rest imo mostly have nostalgic appeal.
    My life is better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kita View Post
    Looks like you dont even know what is RPG it is not ''turn based'' or ''dice based'' it is Role Playing Game, there is a story which can be menaged by one person and other people participate, but the usual way is to just write story about your character and evolve. No kid things like +-debilities or stats or dices.

Good luck with you poor chinpokomon presentation, that is designed to ruin.
    One thing doesnt exclude the other, you are just narrowminded and go against the established norm. Freeform or not usually there have to be some kind of system to establish ability to do things.

Needs to get out more
    I must say, as a role-player, since the system doesn't matter it shouldn't reflect poorly on it's benefits elsewhere. I mean if we accept that roleplaying involves taking on the personality of your character, and the system is simply a symptom of the genre, then we can discuss the matter with little relation other than the root of some strategic parallels.

Roleplaying is what the game is by definition, but the appeal to the masses is a comprehensive and balanced system. Since D&D includes wide strategic variables me and my friends decided on a conservative approach by only allowing options available from D&D( not FR or any Dragon mag, etc )hardbound releases. We've been a team since the early 80s; with wisdom comes an understanding of restraint. A game is only as good as the GM is content. We bow to the noble effort of a fellow player running the game, by setting obstacles to make it interesting. Running around like gods is boring for lack of challenge.

My position here is simply that some games relate to others strategically. It's ok if some people don't get the roleplaying aspect, or care to participate. If anything, the enlightened should be the most understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    IMO you should remove that faery Smercj. If you have problems doing so I can help you (I know sometimes biggies try to drag this stuff a looong time). The basis of building a strong KD is making tough decisions for the greater good. One guy doing his own thing can completely mess up the entire KD-strategy and cost you wars, it can get you hit by biggers KDs because they keep messing around with them.

Gotta swing the sword when you have to.
    He deleted - he was "annoyed" with me.

Thread Information