Thread: My God, what happened to this forum??

My God, what happened to this forum??

Hey. I'm not holding out much hope of reading any posts from old guys I used to fight with on this forum after seeing the current state of things. After the Malaysian plane was apparently shot down with a lot of Dutch travelers I thought it would be nice to know Jergul and Seb and some of the others who used to pick on me on this board were OK. It's been nearly a decade since I checked in, I think. I shouldn't be surprised I guess, but damn, this place is kaput. In fact, the last time I posted was a day or two before the old forum format was abandoned.

Anyway, I guess I'll check back in periodically to see if anyone I recognize is still around. Hopefully nobody's been clipped since I've been away.

Forum Fanatic
    Here is the old cesspool in all of its glory:

http://www.utopiaforums.com/

Now I will bore out my eyes with an ice cream scooper after seeing that **** again.

I am not convinced MH17 was shot down. There were 400 other planes travelling in that area, why shoot down only this boeing 777? Putin may be greedy and ambitious, but he's not stupid. It is one thing to send tanks across the border, but anti-aircraft missiles, I doubt Putin trusts those seperatists enough to hand over such weapons. Anti-aircraft missiles can be used against his own forces.

As for the supposed Russian seperatist general who claimed on twitter that his troops shut down an airplane (what this general initially believed to be Ukrainian), he may very well have claimed that, but that might have been a boastful claim, something to rouse the seperatist spirits (which spirit was down after they were kicked about by the Ukrainian army). It may just have been claimed, for the sake of claiming, when in fact nothing was shut down by them.

If neither side has the ability, which I have to admit there is no way of confirming that, then the only option left is a bomb.

As for there being Americans on that plane, as far as I know it is still unconfirmed, but that was plausible claim by that British newspaper, especially more so considering that it has been confirmed there was a Canadian onboard that flight. You see Schiphol airport is a transfer airport. That means in some situations it is actually cheaper to fly from America via Amsterdam Schiphol airport towards Asia, than if you were to take a direct route. Schiphol airport is a transfer airport for a reason, it has a tangential runway system. Meaning all runways surround the main hall, making a transfer easy and affordable. In fact Asian airlines use Schiphol for this reason. They take the long route, so that they can fill the seats on their planes by taking on extra passengers in Europe.

As for the debree being scattered over such a large area, that was also the case with the other Malaysia airline flight that apparently went down in the waters near Australia. I keep wondering about why MH370 went down in that area. The only solution I can come up with is that the flight controlls for steering were damaged. Was this damage accidental due to a technical failure, or was it due to a bomb that damaged the steering controls, a bomb that wasn't powerful enough to destroy the entire airplane in the initial blast?

This whole situation somehow reminds me of the IKEA bombings. Now if I were a disgruntled employee, probabably an intelligent maintenance worker with a military background who knows his way around explosives and being passed over for promotion because I have drinking problem (a huge offense in Malaysia) and if I wanted to have my revenge. Would it be a plausible way of revenge to plant a bomb on the airplane I have access to?

You see the Chinese don't trust the Malaysian authorities. They don't think the Malaysian authorities are being open (possibly for cultural reasons) and I happen to agree with the Chinese on this.

If it is revenge by a disgruntled employee, a maintenance worker, then the first attempt may have been a failure in his eyes, because it didn't disintegrate the airplane in the blast, instead the flight kept circling about over the southern Indian ocean. If he makes a second attempt, he might be more careful and choose a more powerful bomb. He might have gone in his second attempt for a more powerful bomb planted in the cargo area in the back of the plane. That calls for an air pressure triggered bomb. The return flights for Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur take a different route (perhaps a higher bound flight route). The thing about Schiphol airport is that cargo is checked for such bombs, but usually on El Al flights.

Anyhow it is just a theory. It is quite likely I'm way off about this, but I don't like it when CNN starts calling "shot down" when there is no conclusive evidence yet to back it up.

I doubt Jergul and Seb were on that plane, but if they were my hearts goes out for their friends and family.

I would like to make this warning though. If people are planning to fly towards Asia, I would recommend Singapore airlines for the time being instead of Malyasia airlines, until conclusive evidence has been found, just to be on the safe side. Statistics for multiple airplane crashes by one airliner in a single year are quite damming in that there is often a very bad reason for such an airline to be so unlucky in the first place. That is not to call Malyasia airlines a bad airliner, they have good planes and good onboard service, it is just to be on the safe side.

--edit--

OK I take back my earlier theory after watching the Obama press conference. Seeing as how this is info from a man who has access to satellite data, it seems quite clear now that it was indeed an SA missile. A long range one capable of reeching above 10KM. Geesh Putin is a moron. Who the hell is the strategic military adviser Putin listens too? What a f-in moron.
    Last edited by freemehul; 18-07-2014 at 16:08.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Thanks for replying. So "they" kept the old forum going (whomever "they" are?) Cool, I guess I'll join in over there as well. Sensing some animosity perhaps from this forum to that one? You guys bloods and crips over this forum split now?

Anyway, about the plane tragedy, the latest thing I heard is that it was possibly a BUK launcher which was responsible - which is a Russian made StA platform which has high altitude capabilities but doesn't have an IFF system for commercial ID. So they could see an aircraft but couldn't ID it as commercial and thus it got shot down. Ukraine rebels shouldn't even have that hardware though, and wouldn't if not for Putin.

It's also worth noting that on the same day, the harshest round of economic sanctions went into affect against Russia.

Well should an investigation take place, and should it conclude what most of us think it is. I want to say this. Mr. Putin is quite welcome to chop wood at Amerongen, for that is the level of his mistake. If he knows some German history, which I think he does, he would fully realize this.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketCase View Post
    Thanks for replying. So "they" kept the old forum going (whomever "they" are?) Cool, I guess I'll join in over there as well. Sensing some animosity perhaps from this forum to that one? You guys bloods and crips over this forum split now?
    Old mods told UGT and UP to leave when we moved to the Jolt forums, so they did. Not much more to it than that.

they should be compensated. As should the farmers whose fields were disturbed by the crash. I feel sad for those farmers. They're in an awefully poor region, so I wanna bet they don't have much of a reserve capital, it's getting about harvest time and they're in a warzone. It's agonizing to watch. My own grandfather and uncle are farmers, so I can really understand the plight of these Ukrainian farmers.

Thread Information