Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: PewPew vs Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by 13nesta13 View Post
    Not sure why you would only share 2 out of 3 mistakes and leave 1 out, Shai?

My opinion on the war:

Things I would have done in retrospect for Pyro in hostile:
    Hostile: Will not have given UF so quickly. But once it was given, there was no turning back. We decided to just make the best out of it and kill faery rogues while not giving button. Our initial plan was to do 5x, before waving into fort next unique to give button because we have about 150k more miltary by my intel. We highly underestimated the effect of GS and hospitals and +BE on dwarves. A 2k core hitting into a 2k core dwarf got rewarded with less than 100 acres. With that amount of incoming, Pew would have destroyed us within the opening wave. Look at what they did to Two Women in the opening wave. It was devastating and impossible to recover from.
    However, UF was already given, so we had to adapt and do the next best thing, which was to conserve our hits and slowly hit down faery rogues who were underdefended (due to their crazy TPA).
    On average, Pew ran higher TPA on their faeries than ours (about equal on cows and core), so that's possibly where some of that military went to, other than the fact we had more gold and were able to draft deeper.

Things I would have done if I were Pew:
    The same 2 things which we exploited, and Shai mentioned one of em. I would have slain a 50% strength emerald. Instead of slaying it on button push as Shai suggested, I would have slayed it in hostile after it was clear we wouldnt give button that soon. Simply because if you looked at our gold stock, you should have realised we couldnt send the 2nd sapphire which was ready (and of course, why would we want to send a drake that serves literally no purpose since you didnt give ops), and be able to fund a 3rd comfortably.

2nd thing was the over excessive TPA on the faery rogues. Yes, you wanted to have ops superiority, especially on our calves, but 8-9 rTPA is just overkill. When you have that kind of TPA, only WTs are going to cause fails dependably.

3rd thing was perhaps overkill on Two Women for first wave. Two Women was NM and NS to get into range for being brought down, and faeries helped that along by sending out at them too. However, there were such a big bulk of 360k provinces and the hits from those provinces were IMO wasted on Two Women. The chain was too deep, though it killed Two Women. I would say if you were handed button, killing one calf and 1.5 provinces that was at the bottom of our spread is not strong enough. 1 calf, 1 top core and 1 bottom province would have been better, with the chain on Two Women being less deep.

On our end in war we made some chain selection errors but nothing too lethal. We picked a guy with 800 incoming as chain target in opening wave! That's so n00b.

In your defense u did notice ur noob misstake and ambushed the guy 4x (althou I Think u bounced one of the ambushes) :P
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    In your defense u did notice ur noob misstake and ambushed the guy 4x (althou I Think u bounced one of the ambushes) :P
    It was a bounce on purpose with 1 gen 1 troop. Because he could only ambush 3 armies.

He bounced to reach the 3 ambushes that had more land on them.

Now do you think that's n00b still?

Or propro
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

ProPro

Nice war.

Thread Information