Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PewPew vs Pyro

Palem need from proper banner
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Needs to get out more
    Perhaps there could be a warm up war, like the opening match/band/cartoon/puppet show. You can taunt tag the two kingdoms fake pyro vs fake pew.

Clarification: find 2 kingdoms fighting anywhere on or off the charts and observe as if it's you. It could end up being charming or a roast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Palem need from proper banner
    wut?

Palem from old banner has must make update gif.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    There you go

I will give the community a brief preview of the upcoming war between these two galacticos, Pew Pew and Pyromaniacs. I shall try my best to give as in-dept of an analysis as possible, but there are some stuff that I wont be able to mention as it might give away some of Pyromaniacs planned strategies.

Preview: Pew Pew vs Pyromaniacs

Note : Pyromaniacs have a few hundred acres still in exploration across some of their faeries (insignificant though). Pew Pew has been in fort for >24hrs so they shldnt have any in exploration.

As of now, both kingdoms are sitting in fortified. Pew Pew's fortified stance will end earlier than Pyromaniacs. Whether either kingdom is going to rotate 1 more round of fortified before hostile date (and hence add last minute acres?), that remains unclear.

Advantages for Pew Pew :

- Faeries.
    A whole great wall of Faeries (6) from 3.5k acres to 2.2k acres. The bigger 2 faeries are rogues. These faeries will be key in Pew Pew's plans in winning the war vs Pyro. They should be UB to Pyromanaics core and hence be able to pewpew stuff out at least for the first part of the war? The 2 big rogues will look to help out in the cow battle. These faeries are also supported by 4 big core dwarves at 2k acres.

- Top feeding Orcs.
    A whole bunch of Orc warriors that are much smaller than Pyromaniacs smallest province. This allows alot of top feeding opportunities during hostile/war after their faeries do their NM/NS runs, and also allows pewpew to have the initial deep chain advantage? In addition, pewpew might look forward to using them to do bounce razes in hostile ? (see BB vs PewPew last age)

- Dwarf Mercs cows
    Though these 3 dwarf merc cows were shot up relatively late, yours truly has taken efforts to do some calculations, and feel that they have sufficient GC to be prepared military wise in time. In addition, dwarves free build will give pewpew more build change flexibility in war. Consider these 3 cows as pure attackers, they outnumber Pyromaniacs cows in terms of 'attack numbers'

- Morale
    After coming off an impressive win vs AMA, Pewpew is sitting on 2 war wins and morale is definitey high in their base camp. They also have their dictator Petrified to lead things, and he is a very well known good war strategist

--------

Advantages for Pyromaniacs :

- More 'prepared' Cows
    As Pyromanaics made their cows earlier (human sage, dwarf merc, faery sage), they are sitting on higher rwpa and bpa compared to Pew Pew's cows. This will definitely give an advantage to Pyromanaics in the cow battles. In addition, Pyros cows are sitting on much more gc compared to Pew Pew. However, this are 'spare stock' and may not be that crucial. Pyromaniacs also have 2 calves support at 3.2k acres, but they have to face off vs PewPew's faery rogues and top/bottom feeding potential on them.

But as we all know, a single mistake in the cow battles is fatal.

- Human Sages

Human sages with their +10% OME in war, and their 40% science effectiveness. Pyromaniacs has a couple of them in their ranks, and this may prove useful at sometime during the war.

- Tighter Core
    Pyromaniacs have a tighter core compared to Pewpew, as most of Pyromaniacs core are between 1.45k - 1.85k acres. This will allow the attackers to synergise together with the TMs pretty well, and they all can back up on each other if anyone falls first.

I am unable to list down other advantages that Pyromaniacs has, as they may be more hidden and it might give away some of our war plans.

=====

Pew Pew vs Pyromaniacs, coming right up...
    Last edited by TheOne; 25-07-2014 at 10:52.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Enthusiast
    Yay finally a war thread this age that has something moderately worth reading posted, thanks for the pre-war thoughts & summary.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

We are working on our tighter core even now in pewpew. I just want everyone to know that. By the time this war starts, we will have an improved core, better posture, healthy breathing and good bowel movement.

Forum Addict
    gj cJ - interesting war!
    umunk.net
    Contact me if you want munkbot (find me on irc or on email).

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    We are working on our tighter core even now in pewpew. I just want everyone to know that. By the time this war starts, we will have an improved core, better posture, healthy breathing and good bowel movement.
    I see what you guys did there nice land drop you guys got!

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

My 2 fav top KDS

Forum Addict
    So I think I saw people say Pyro sent emerald, went aggr and bounced/hit pew2 orcs and also made one bigger hit?

Comments from pewpew / pyro?

Pyro seem much more pumped and capable of waving pew2 nuff to take away offence. Forcing pew2 to declare asap? Button given?
    umunk.net

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    After the pumps I still like PewPew to get the win.

Either this bounce thing was fixed, or we were very very unlucky, or we screwed up bad.
    Dont know which is the case, or maybe all of the 3 above.

We planted 2 hits on their 3.4k's, 2 hits on their biggest dwarves. Meter was moved 1 pt from bounces on orcs, so we just decided to bounce anyway to 1 more pt (and true enough it didnt take long). We only sent 22% ish of their defense.

Emerald has been sent, and 2nd sapphire started.
    Aggro into fort gains are very bad, with their high GS provinces. #BringbackgainsScience!
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

Forum Addict
    @nesta -- sucks about the bounces -- 22% off sent still is 22% chance of meter point -- not unlikely -- I remember we got a bit unlucky too a few ages back.

Does it matter much about gains? Isn't the main importance kills? I can imagine those hits on faeries would kill a bunch.

You tagged HOSTILE -- so you have hostile relations, eg button given?
    umunk.net

Thread Information