View Poll Results: Should Godly change his sig?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 27.59%
  • No

11 37.93%
  • No opinion

10 34.48%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Godly should change his sig (With poll)

It's impossible to prove, but if you put the round 55 roster against any kingdom in the history of utopia, we would win every single time. Then if you factor in that we had to B2B2B 3 allied kds and win by over 100k land, it makes it even more impressive. That roster was stacked with legends.

ABA, I'm taking it a step further and saying all time.

We should have a war versus server for fun where you sign up 2 kingdoms of 25 people and give them X land to explore and they fight in 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Godly; 24-07-2014 at 15:43.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Anything that isn't a triple crown has no right to be in consideration for the best crown ever

and lol @ BB being the best kd ever

55 isn't BB. It was pretty much TFs + mixture of CR/BB/AMA. Does anyone have the full roster?
    Last edited by Godly; 24-07-2014 at 15:59.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Pulsing Trollfags led into BB. Either way, lol @ them being the best ever

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    It's impossible to prove, but if you put the round 55 roster against any kingdom in the history of utopia, we would win every single time. Then if you factor in that we had to B2B2B 3 allied kds and win by over 100k land, it makes it even more impressive. That roster was stacked with legends.

ABA, I'm taking it a step further and saying all time.

We should have a war versus server for fun where you sign up 2 kingdoms of 25 people and give them X land to explore and they fight in 3 weeks.
    I'm confident pansies age 20 (or 22 tbh) would win. Age 20 they won by 13%; BB won by 33%. Age 20 was much more competitive having like, actual good kds on the server to compete with (and not having a massive land bonus or 4 days of eow to use to prep for the next conflict -- you were in eow when the age ended, that's like 10% of the advantage over sanc :p).

Pansies also won with what was definitively the worst race of the age, finishing three straight crowns. It was also the closest any kd has come to a triple crown, finishing #3 honor.

Age 55's BB cow -- mango -- was just a core player in Pansies, that's how stacked it was.

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    He said most deserved in last 10 ages Zauper.
    godly replied to that with best of all time.
    #americaneducation
    My life is better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    I'm confident pansies age 20 (or 22 tbh) would win. Age 20 they won by 13%; BB won by 33%. Age 20 was much more competitive having like, actual good kds on the server to compete with (and not having a massive land bonus or 4 days of eow to use to prep for the next conflict -- you were in eow when the age ended, that's like 10% of the advantage over sanc :p).

Pansies also won with what was definitively the worst race of the age, finishing three straight crowns. It was also the closest any kd has come to a triple crown, finishing #3 honor.

Age 55's BB cow -- mango -- was just a core player in Pansies, that's how stacked it was.
    I thought BF triple crowned one age. :p

(age 18)

Basically why they were extremely famous!
    Last edited by goodz; 24-07-2014 at 16:12.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    It was also the closest any kd has come to a triple crown, finishing #3 honor.
    Accept for those kds that did Triple Crown? :p

I think there was 2. BF in age 18 and I can't remember the other. I thought it was Pansies but I may be mistaken

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Accept for those kds that did Triple Crown? :p

I think there was 2. BF in age 18 and I can't remember the other. I thought it was Pansies but I may be mistaken
    No one triple crowned on the real server. Sorry, crowning on WOL when BF existed doesn't count as a real achievement because you're not competing against the actual competition of the times.

Someone may have done it on genesis, but same issue.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    There was more real competition on the WoL server in age 18 than there is now.

Forum Fanatic
    There was more real competition on the WoL server in age 18 than there is now.
    That would seem to discredit current crowns (and the age 55 crown) moreso than the older BF crowns.

That said.. no, there really wasn't. WoL competition age (20/21) was certainly weaker than competition is today, and I don't see anything on those charts to indicate it was any better in age 18. You had two kds that would ultimately go on to be successful on the real server, though they both required some time to adapt, and stole a lot of players from the kds on the real servers that they had their main prov in.

2 kds competing vs ~5? Seems today would be more competitive.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'll take age 18 Evil Dragons over any kd that's existed in the past 10 ages.

parth is a crazy old man:p

The diplomacy was done very differently 20+ ages ago it was a very different feeling game. The approach to diplo now and the long notice deals combined with eowcf bonuses and removal of fake wars has really turned diplo into a much more calculable quantity. You can essentially look at your NAPs and know exactly what you're going to get.

Zauper I would also argue that 30 ages ago many kingdoms attempted growth which really changed mechanics for the top growth kingdoms. People used to be stoked on like top 10 finishes etc.

I would say it was certainly way more competitive back then, but it was also less of a crapshoot in some ways. Kingdoms who are dominant now often lose to allies due to ww bonuses and preferring to give acres to the weaker kingdom.

I would agree that the top few kingdoms have rosters with as much/more experience/activity then pansies ever did. But pansies did it before smart phones :P It was a different world outside of utopia very hard to be 24/7 active when you don't have a cell. Mind you I have no doubt there was more xlogging back then.

Speaking of which if a top KD is willing to rdp log me at night time I could use playing in a real kd for my mental health :P
    Last edited by goodz; 24-07-2014 at 17:37.

Forum Fanatic
    In acres long silent
    The Evil Drakes soar...

The Jerks.

Forum Fanatic
    I just noticed that Pansies won age 17 by 33% over the next kd -- same amount BB won their crown by in age 55.

To give you a sense of ED's quality at the time:

Evil Dragons doesn't hit the battlefields server until age 25. In age 25, in spite of being allied to Brute Force, Minions, and Serenity (ok, we didn't ally until after we declared/waved them), as well as close friends with Playboys (4 of the t6 kds), they failed to secure a t50 spot. (Unless they finished #15 since I don't recall where Drakhas played) -- but even #15 is below a number of kds that are frankly weaker than CR/BB/AMA.

None of this has any to do with the relative quality of wol vs BF at the time. Are you saying you'd take age 18 ED over age 20 serenity, ZZ, wrath, essence, minions, godsarmy, LinearA, Crazy, etc?

Thread Information