View Poll Results: Should Godly change his sig?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 27.59%
  • No

11 37.93%
  • No opinion

10 34.48%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Godly should change his sig (With poll)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    yay! I knew there was 2 lol

and faery wasn't the weakest race on the server. Sid basically introduced hybrids to the game that game, using the race that was best suited for the job, faery.

I'm not going to argue about the best crown with people who don't have a crown. That's like arguing the best brand of milk with a lactose intolerant.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    yay! I knew there was 2 lol

and faery wasn't the weakest race on the server. Sid basically introduced hybrids to the game that game, using the race that was best suited for the job, faery.
    He didn't and they were :p

Even Mehul recognized it; after being significantly buffed into age 21, they were still not all that great (and, it's worth mentioning, not used by any of the SKs - including pansies - going for land that age)

They weren't (really) even run as hybrids -- this was before the change that allowed everyone to NS specs/elites -- that would come age 24/25. They were marginally a/m, but not really. They were certainly no more hybrid than undead mystic a/m strategies had been, and those predated that by 4-5 ages.

Age 21 LinearA did run masses of halfling a/t though -- arguably they created the hybrid since that strategy convinced me to force sid to run 22 rogues at/ in age 22 to prove that human rogue > halfling rogue :P
    Last edited by Zauper; 24-07-2014 at 21:43.

Forum Fanatic
    Reading the Age 55 multiple war threads of pulsing trollfags vs ABS and their victories was a huge motivation for me to want to compete in the top. Mercy vs BB, both with like 90% homespumped dwarf clerics was so sick to follow.

The Jerks.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    He didn't and they were :p

Even Mehul recognized it; after being significantly buffed into age 21, they were still not all that great (and, it's worth mentioning, not used by any of the SKs - including pansies - going for land that age)

They weren't (really) even run as hybrids -- this was before the change that allowed everyone to NS specs/elites -- that would come age 24/25. They were marginally a/m, but not really. They were certainly no more hybrid than undead mystic a/m strategies had been, and those predated that by 4-5 ages.

Age 21 LinearA did run masses of halfling a/t though -- arguably they created the hybrid since that strategy convinced me to force sid to run 22 rogues at/ in age 22 to prove that human rogue > halfling rogue :P
    I'm like 80% sure there's a post in these forums from Sid himself saying he picked faery that age to play a widespread hybrid strategy, which hadn't really been done before, however I can't find it :(

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    I'm not going to argue about the best crown with people who don't have a crown. That's like arguing the best brand of milk with a lactose intolerant.
    Talk to me when you actually lead a kd.

Godly is can have whatever sig he wants, if someone is bothered with the one he has now, their problem. IMO much better than last he had, MTG card was very anoying, this one is nice and relaxing.

Forum Fanatic
    I'm like 80% sure there's a post in these forums from Sid himself saying he picked faery that age to play a widespread hybrid strategy, which hadn't really been done before, however I can't find it :(

Talk to me when you actually lead a kd.
    Sid on age 20 -
    "It was a thing of beauty. You were the only other top monarch who thought it was remotely viable. Asf and Laguna gave me a ton of **** over it."

Not that helpful, but all I could find :(.

My recollection is that similar to age 23, Sid thought it was a viable but non optimal strategy. They were just off two straight crowns and wanted a challenge. Hybrids (and turtles) couldn't hold acres vs 200 opa Orcs.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Meh, I'll concede. Either way I think the important thing to realize here is that godly was wrong.

We see stupid sigs all the time on these forums. Who gives a chit?

What if we all just made our sig something to do with being a crown winner. That will surely stop Godly!
    Proud Monarch of #Debauchery
    Stick to Your Word!
    It's all about the logs
    Follow Your Dreams!
    Believe in Yourself!
    Let Your Spirit Guide You!

Meh, I'll concede. Either way I think the important thing to realize here is that godly was wrong.
    How can one be wrong on something that cant be measured nor proven? It's called an opinion, crown virgin. Like I said, I won't be arguing with you on the best crown because you're lactose intolerant.

Zauper, I still maintain my claim. I don't even care about best crown because that's stupid to try to even measure since the game is a moving target. If you take the 25 players in round 55 and matched them against any other kingdom, we would win every single time. Your argument like mango was a core prov in 20 but the cow in 55 is pointless. You get better as you play more. I don't think anyone can say that someone was better in round 20 than in 55 (unless you took 34 rounds off).

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    We see stupid sigs all the time on these forums. Who gives a chit?

What if we all just made our sig something to do with being a crown winner. That will surely stop Godly!
    If YOU used this icon? You'd be false advertising: reference Palem.
    Last edited by Godly; 25-07-2014 at 00:31.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You get better as you play more. I don't think anyone can say that someone was better in round 20 than in 55 (unless you took 34 rounds off).
    Why are kds getting worse then? The game is filled the max with recycled players who have been playing for a long time.

Godly I won a crown (as monarch). I rarely ever talk about it because it's childish to flaunt achievements from the past that nobody cares about. I'm also not so vein to put it in my signature. But to each their own!
    Proud Monarch of #Debauchery
    Stick to Your Word!
    It's all about the logs
    Follow Your Dreams!
    Believe in Yourself!
    Let Your Spirit Guide You!

KDs arent getting worse. All the good players either retired or joined one of 4 kingdoms.

Sillyrabbit, the word you're looking for is vain, and I'd rather have a funny icon in my signature than noob inspirational quotes.
    Last edited by Godly; 25-07-2014 at 01:31.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    How can one be wrong on something that cant be measured nor proven?
    HRS would have beaten Pulsing Trollfags into the dirt and made flogger retire on the spot.

I don't think that you understand the difference between fact and opinion, so I'll explain.

Your statement is still an opinion, even though you meant it to be silly to try to make it as if it is a false opinion. An opinion can be countered with another opinion such as "HRS sucks," but until it can be verified by fact, it remains an opinion. HRS *could* win, however, I strongly disagree with your opinion.

Thread Information