View Poll Results: Should Godly change his sig?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 27.59%
  • No

11 37.93%
  • No opinion

10 34.48%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Godly should change his sig (With poll)

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Sid on age 20 -
    "It was a thing of beauty. You were the only other top monarch who thought it was remotely viable. Asf and Laguna gave me a ton of **** over it."

Not that helpful, but all I could find :(.

My recollection is that similar to age 23, Sid thought it was a viable but non optimal strategy. They were just off two straight crowns and wanted a challenge. Hybrids (and turtles) couldn't hold acres vs 200 opa Orcs.
    The most dominating age of all time was age 10, until mehul got involved. No other top kingdom in the top 100 picked the most dominant race, and 2 weeks into the age we were double the size of #2. That age is the reason we still have raze costs. We had 1 hour buildtime and 0 buildcosts, so pretty much max every building at all times.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The most dominating age of all time was age 10, until mehul got involved. No other top kingdom in the top 100 picked the most dominant race, and 2 weeks into the age we were double the size of #2. That age is the reason we still have raze costs. We had 1 hour buildtime and 0 buildcosts, so pretty much max every building at all times.
    The most dominating age in the history of utopia, in which you were double the size of #2 by year 2, wouldn't be ended by what - 3 deletions in year 11?

I'm guessing everyone else caught up slowly in size first? Hardly dominant to just have a strong early whoring start -- that's been common enough over the ages.

Godly - I'm open to the argument. Roster?

(And Mango really was more or less the same player back then -- 2-3 ages later he would be a solo prov in the t5 which was near impossible at the time)

Sir Postalot
    age 10 was the first full on "mehuling" where quite a lot of top kingdoms lost half their kingdom or more. age 13 was the second.

They had to permanently change the rules to prevent the degree of imbalance that we had from ever happening again, and most people playing at that time remember the strategy (rotating halfling).

The only thing that somewhat nerfed it was it was the same age as HoDF. If you look at the top 100 provinces that age, not a single one was halfling, despite it being hands down the strongest race.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    age 10 was the first full on "mehuling" where quite a lot of top kingdoms lost half their kingdom or more. age 13 was the second.

They had to permanently change the rules to prevent the degree of imbalance that we had from ever happening again, and most people playing at that time remember the strategy (rotating halfling).

The only thing that somewhat nerfed it was it was the same age as HoDF. If you look at the top 100 provinces that age, not a single one was halfling, despite it being hands down the strongest race.
    Right, so the same age as massive honor manipulations that made other strategies viable. Some SKs may have gotten half their kingdom or more deleted -- but RA was not among them:
    http://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=6575

I see two deletions in that paper, but I'm assuming it occured after the major Mehuling? Except the news contains 24 provs in your kingdom, meaning that you must have gotten, at most, 3 deletions including those two.
    Last
    Religious
    Boioioioing
    dumb
    relenting midgets
    jurassic
    democratic
    weRein
    sweetheart
    wereNOT
    moon goddess
    palehorse
    ferets
    elven
    hitbelow
    rugger ape
    evil
    mercury
    apocalypse
    confused navy
    ugly people
    blue
    gurus
    majin offense
    So I'll ask again: The most dominating age, in which you had ~3 deletions and failed to crown (in spite of most of your competition getting deletions as well?)

On the other hand, pansies, when they got 2 deletions (and their competition did not have deletions) and they still won by 15%, that isn't as dominating because they weren't double other kds size at a random arbitrary point in the age? Interesting.

Also:
    20 Tama Neko (47:16) Halfling Cute and FluffiES (47:16) Porsta (#16) 13,495 Acres
    Last time I checked, #20 was in the t100.

Most of the top provinces are high honor humans.
    Last edited by Zauper; 25-07-2014 at 18:25.

Strategy Moderator
    I didn't read this all, but Zauper is correct in his assessments that Pansies age 20 would have most likely smashed any of the more recent kingdoms and also that no kingdom has triple crowned on the competitive server.

Brute and drop bears and whoever else's WOL crowns are meaningless when all good kingdoms were on Battlefields in the ages they did it. It's like a baseball team in the Triple A league having the highest winning percent. Sure that's nice and all, but it's not the same as a team doing it in the major leagues.

There was one age I believe (maybe 2) where good kingdoms were split between servers early on but there were no Triple crowns then. Afterwards, WOL was very officially dedicated to be the casual server and Battlefields the competitive server as stated by Mehul and as was clear from the policies. I don't remember the exact details but it was something like any kingdom with 18 or more returning players on WOL was promoted to battlefields and the bottom 20% or so of battlefields was demoted there.

Brute was formed for the specific purpose to be a Battlefields quality kingdom that played on the "noob" server to have fun demolishing noobs. They did have a good roster due to people having less of a moral issue with cross server multing (I was also invited when they formed but turned it down.) They had to have a bunch of people select to not stay with kingdom each end of age and rescript them back to get around the automatic promotion to Battlefields rule. After there were a couple other kingdoms (Drop Bears being the main one I recall) that copied Brute and also had success and even beat Brute at their own game at least one age.

Hell of Dim Forest's province was also on the "noob" server and it was the prevailing view at the time that he couldn't have accomplished the same on Battlefields however if the age was longer honor would have continued to pool with those age rules even on Battlefields.

Karoo sextuple crowned on Genesis which was of similar dubious competition quality but probably was more impressive because his kingdom was essentially legit and he actually achieved all 6 crowns.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    HRS would have beaten Pulsing Trollfags into the dirt and made flogger retire on the spot.
    This is a fact. I was in there and the rest of HRS that hasn't retired is decorating the top like whipped(emphasize H)cream at a dorm party. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    KDs arent getting worse. All the good players either retired or joined one of 4 kingdoms.

Sillyrabbit, the word you're looking for is vain, and I'd rather have a funny icon in my signature than noob inspirational quotes.
    are you upset that now if you ever change your signature people will consider you a coward who caved in to peer pressure?
    My life is better then yours.

Sir Postalot
    Right, so the same age as massive honor manipulations that made other strategies viable. Some SKs may have gotten half their kingdom or more deleted -- but RA was not among them:
    http://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=6575

I see two deletions in that paper, but I'm assuming it occured after the major Mehuling? Except the news contains 24 provs in your kingdom, meaning that you must have gotten, at most, 3 deletions including those two.

So I'll ask again: The most dominating age, in which you had ~3 deletions and failed to crown (in spite of most of your competition getting deletions as well?)

On the other hand, pansies, when they got 2 deletions (and their competition did not have deletions) and they still won by 15%, that isn't as dominating because they weren't double other kds size at a random arbitrary point in the age? Interesting.

Also:

Last time I checked, #20 was in the t100.

Most of the top provinces are high honor humans.
    There have been more than 1 occasion where I've crafted super long responses and either "timed out" or I never "logged in" to begin with and then my post is lost, then there's the question whether its worth it to re-type and odds are its not.

Interesting find on it only being 3 deletions, as in my talks with ASF I've certainly forgotten quite alot after 10 years of not insignificant alcoholic consumption. Good catch on the 1 in a 100 being a halfling.

Have you ever remember a rule change (raze costs & never again build time bonuses near as extreme being added) being implemented because of an imbalance that 1 of the top 100 provinces exploited? We had 20 of them. As you showed, barely anyone else had a single one. That was just how mocked and ridiculous the idea was back even amongst experts who talked about things more freely back then pre-age. I found the exploitation ~20 hours before age-start, spent 12 hours convincing my co-monarch, and we managed to get most of us to go the race before the age started. Its been a pretty reknowned strategy ever since.

A couple of things to note:

1) On the link you posted I noticed one of the provinces deleted was my co-monarch (jurassic army = eekthedog). Odds are he he one of our most important provinces if not the most important province. He's the one who introduced me to utopia (we were both top red alert players), and without him being able to play I wouldn't want to play and that will quickly disband a kingdom as from the comments from our players most people tended to mention both me and him as the lifeblood of the kingdom.

2) "Crowning" or trying to win wasn't as big of a thing back then. After we got our first one we mostly just played to FSU and did irrational things that cost us wins. We actively seeked alliance wars/gangbangs for the most part. I can't recall how much of a deal losing the 3 provinces was to the crown chances.

eek is playing now back in BB, maybe he remembers better than I do

But in general, anyone trying to go back through the charts and find out who was dominant or played well in any given age aren't really going to be able to do it for the first 13 ages or so (and maybe after that, I wouldn't know). If you looked at our kingdom you would see the first double landcrown winner. However, I didn't even remember the first landcrown as no one cared about landcrown then.

What I remember is that I can't recall another kingdom even REACHING #1 at a single "arbitrary" point in the age more than twice. Shadowlight might have done it a 2nd time in ages 7 or 9 that I took off, but that's at most 2. Godly could clarify that. On the other hand, our kingdom was #1 for a good part of the age 5 of the 6 last ages we tried. The age we didn't reach #1, we almost wire to wire #2'd with the top 2 provinces, and our goal was prov crown (I would know as I was the province).

So if we're reaching #1 5 times and at most one other kingdom did it twice (which I frankly, don't even remember happening) mixed with probably the most diplomatic power the game has ever seen, the pansies stats sound impressive but I'm giving them an asterisk solely because they probably wouldn't have been allowed to exist, kind of like barduvia, absalom or chai, if we were still around. ;p
    Last edited by flogger; 26-07-2014 at 05:35.

Enthusiast
    No one triple crowned on the real server. Sorry, crowning on WOL when BF existed doesn't count as a real achievement because you're not competing against the actual competition of the times.

Someone may have done it on genesis, but same issue.
    ChubbChubbs!
    Beauty of Absalom->Redemption of Absalom->Trinity of Absalom
    Acres->Infinity->Havoc of Absalom->Cromulent Republic
    7x crown winner. Genesis Tripple Crown. 3rd largest nw prov in history of game.

Forum Fanatic
    I grabbed the top halfling. There are others. Not many, sure. I think the age is much more well known for HODF's honor exploits than halflings.

I do remember rule changes that were implemented because one kingdom exploited them. I'm thinking about minions inventing the fakewar and hitting out of it for full elite conversions.

Sure, you had two provs deleted, maybe three. Some of them may have been important. If you were 2x the size of everyone else, it wouldn't have mattered.

In a quick look, RA does not have two land crowns. My vague recollection tells me that Pansies were the first kd to secure two NW+land crowns, which means there was one kd with at least 2 split crowns prior.

Reaching #1 doesn't mean near as much if you don't finish there. But you aren't even bragging about being there, you're bragging about the margin by which you were there, even though you clearly were incapable of sustaining that margin prior to your deletions. Like, your argument for how it was the most dominant age ever is you got big fast, but you couldn't sustain it which indicates it was more of a flash in the pan than dominance.

Again -- Pansies tried in ages 17-22, roughly; and they actually won 4 of those. They hit #1 in at least one of the others. Saying they wouldn't have been allowed to exist is dumb. 'They were better than us, so we wouldn't have let them exist'. Highly unlikely you could have done anything to stop it.

(if those were the deletions, you lost two not three :P)

Sorry, but I could pick 25 players from CR, AMA & BB and it would trash any kingdom from rounds 0-22 and it wouldn't even be close. Hell, even the current CR roster would. This includes round 5 Shadowlight avian boatless soldier army as well. I was one of the best players there but the difference in the amount of knowledge that I know about the game now compared to then is huge. I would call the round 5 version of me a total noob.

If the argument is what was the kingdom that dominated their round the most, we could have a discussion.

If the argument is what is the best kd of all time, sorry but most of those kingdoms had like 5-10 good players and the rest sucked. They would get dumpstered.
    Last edited by Godly; 26-07-2014 at 17:23.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Sorry, but I could pick 25 players from CR, AMA & BB and it would trash any kingdom from rounds 0-22 and it wouldn't even be close. Hell, even the current CR roster would. This includes round 5 Shadowlight avian boatless soldier army as well. I was one of the best players there but the difference in the amount of knowledge that I know about the game now compared to then is huge. I would call the round 5 version of me a total noob.

If the argument is what was the kingdom that dominated their round the most, we could have a discussion.

If the argument is what is the best kd of all time, sorry but most of those kingdoms had like 5-10 good players and the rest sucked. They would get dumpstered.

The players today may have more experience and game knowledge than those of earlier ages (including younger versions of themselves), however my experience has been that the top players were also more motivated and more active back then. I think more effort, planning, and activity was involved in the elite kingdoms of that era than those of the last 10 ages.

It is possible that a modern kingdom of all stars could compete with an "Age 20 Pansies" for a war if the modern players committed to it and perhaps even for an age with the right selection of people that can afford to put their lives on hold for a few months. However, I've found that the modern kingdoms are generally more lazy and the skilled players generally can't commit to the level of activity that the elite could in Age 20.

FYI, Pansies in Age 20 did not have 5-10 good players. Nearly every one of them would be an elite player in any top kingdom of the last 10 ages including yours. Mango I suppose is a good example of this since he was considered just an average Pansies player and not even one of their more well known elite players. As we both know, the leadership of a kingdom is it's most defining critical factor and Sid was probably the best there ever was in that department.
    Last edited by AquaSeaFoam; 26-07-2014 at 19:09.

Whats the age 20 pansies roster?
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    They had Sid. Sid > flogger

That's all the discussion that needs to be had.

Godly where are you from and whats your phone number I wanna have sex with you !

Thread Information