View Poll Results: Should Godly change his sig?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 27.59%
  • No

11 37.93%
  • No opinion

10 34.48%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Godly should change his sig (With poll)

Yes because someone from 10 years ago knows how to play better than the current top.

Either world you look at it from, it's nonsense:
    1) A timewarp where current players play against them from 10 years ago.
    2) They do a reunion and play us now.

This conversation is becoming borderline ridiculous. I could outstrat any of these people in either of those worlds.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Gody you are the best !

GODLY, GODLY, GODLY !!! <3

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    I could outstrat any of these people in either of those worlds.
    This is absolutely adorable.

You can't outstrat the CURRENT players, let alone the all-time greats.

That arrogance is why none takes godly seriously.

dude pansies didn't even have android phones
    My life is better then yours.

Godly, he would have been one of many in a big minority of skilled players. In the hundreds among thousands and thousands of players.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Forum Fanatic
    I was really happy that I came back from a trip and this thread was still going good.

The Jerks.

Palem when did you start playing utopia?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    I think godly is correct in some ways that knowledge about the game is cumulative and evolving etc. Having played for 10 years instead of 2 years would extend an advantage to the top players still playing, in terms of strategy and general skill/experience in running a province optimally. Plus, familiarity with all mechanics would be relevant as well, to avoid having to re-learn the game.

That said, everyone I've ever spoken to about Sid has said that he was the nut in terms of leadership, one of the best players ever, etc., and this has to count for something.

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    I think godly is correct in some ways that knowledge about the game is cumulative and evolving etc. Having played for 10 years instead of 2 years would extend an advantage to the top players still playing, in terms of strategy and general skill/experience in running a province optimally. Plus, familiarity with all mechanics would be relevant as well, to avoid having to re-learn the game.

That said, everyone I've ever spoken to about Sid has said that he was the nut in terms of leadership, one of the best players ever, etc., and this has to count for something.
    Given the new anti cheating detection
    Current technology to make the game more accessible
    Accumulated skill over the last several years

The game is totally different then it was 8 years ago. CR/AMA would likely easily beat any kd from 2002. If they had to do it with tech from 2002 i think they would lose (unless of course munk just reopened umunk for his kd). Just attacking in/out for a week straight was extremely hard when you couldn't do it via your phone.

Although strategy was hugely important sheer activity was hard to beat back then.
    My life is better then yours.

Needs to get out more
    I played this game when it first came out and came back a couple years ago. Between that time I learned the value of actually enjoying the games vs exploiting their weaknesses.
    Among my friends we have a guy who can't control himself from trying to push the limits. We find it funny because we've all been down that road and the game loses its charm. I personally enjoy having a few mysteries left in a game and try to make up for it with gaming experience and activity; in the case of Utopia.

How does this relate? Depends on how you approach playing games.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-08-2014 at 17:23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    If they had to do it with tech from 2002 i think they would lose
    I would beat them with carrier pigeon tech. Obvious exaggeration but you get the point.

Players like flogger prot Elit Cello maxi zauper topsy and myself etc have refined the strategic portion of the game to perfection. It basically just comes down to whichever kingdom has better prep at this point.

I mean look at how close CR and BB's setup is:
    CR:
    2 DW/ME
    10 DW/Sa
    3 Fa/My
    4 Fa/Ro
    4 Fa/Sa
    2 UD/Ta

BB:
    3 Hu/Sa
    17 DW/Sa
    2 Fa/My
    3 Fa/Ro

Dwarf/Sage core on both - Both kingdoms correctly identified dw/sa as the strongest and most reliable core in the game with the nerf to undead elite training (UD was previously the best).
    CR exchanged 6 dw/sa core for 2 ud/tact for explosive OOP to secure CFs and get #1 and faery for better war survivability / synergy with T/Ms, but we did have a mock setup with full dw/sa core ready to go.
    Banks DW/Merc vs Hu/Sa. Both strong, tradeoff is DW merc has higher explore potential due to BE bonus on new buffed mills, Hu sage has better late game military potential. Personal preference choice there based on your macro strategy (see reason for picking 2 undead).
    2 cores went into faery/my faery/ro because we just prefer more T/M based warring (personal choice). We both found faery to be the best T/M race. No elves, no halfers because they're inferior in every way.
    We also both successfully identified rogue as playable this round (it previous wasn't).

Like there are 56 combinations of race/pers possible and we both basically narrowed the best combinations to 7 (3 common, 4 unique). I wonder if BB picked less combinations due to ease of management? We prefer doing the extra planning for more options available.

With regards to AMA's setup, I have no clue wtf they were thinking. IMO, they picked a really bad setup for competing for land crown with undead/mystic core. Undead anything core is too unreliable without being able to train elites, but mystic is fairly useless late game. We entered the round fully prepared to reset the undead/tacts at the conclusion of a very early conflict.

Sid's great, Sid's awesome, but you've got people that have been dominating utopia for upwards of 16 years still playing. If I could take my current kd and move it to 2002 with all experience in tact, I don't think that we'd come close to losing a round.
    Last edited by Godly; 01-08-2014 at 21:16.

Godly it is undeniable that you think you are the best utopian player (both currently and ever). What else are you the best at?
    Proud Monarch of #Debauchery
    Stick to Your Word!
    It's all about the logs
    Follow Your Dreams!
    Believe in Yourself!
    Let Your Spirit Guide You!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    Godly it is undeniable that you think you are the best utopian player (both currently and ever). What else are you the best at?
    Considering this is a utopia forum, I find your question to be out of scope.

Thread Information