View Poll Results: Should Godly change his sig?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 27.59%
  • No

11 37.93%
  • No opinion

10 34.48%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Godly should change his sig (With poll)

There was 50 CRs and AMAs back then.

Sure xp plays a part, but most of them would have beat you. I dont care about this Sid guy or any other dick. But activity and dedication overall in this game is not even near what it once was even in CR and AMA. Sure you would have more experience, but you had to navigate thru a competition so fierce that if you open your mouth like this in the forum you would get bounced/razed by multis for the sake of it. One fart in wrong direction and you got doubled and age could be at risk. Like stepping on a landmine. Hell even a guy with 1000 icq contacts and noob followers like muhaddib would probably have raped your ass by letting his noobs feast on you.

nahhh, im just ****ing with you, you are the boss of all times
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Considering this is a utopia forum, I find your question to be out of scope.
    This is a thread about Godly that has been up for 10 days now. Anything pertaining to Godly is within scope. Don't be shy.
    Proud Monarch of #Debauchery
    Stick to Your Word!
    It's all about the logs
    Follow Your Dreams!
    Believe in Yourself!
    Let Your Spirit Guide You!

This thread was not started by me. When I post a "I am Godly AMA" thread, you can feel free to ask me all your questions.

Anri, considering my opinion is in the minority of my kingdom, I don't think that holds true. zauper and the rest seem to agree with you. I already called them nuts and I'll do the same with you.

I played in round 20. The competition wasn't that great, it was just more people to farm. Compare that to now: we've got 4-5 kingdoms that we can even war and they're all top notch and generally have to B2B at least once. Isn't exactly a cakewalk. You could lose a war, farm 2-3 kingdoms and be right back at #1. Here, if you lose a war, you're basically bottomfed the rest of the round by highly skilled kds who can just explore more than you gained in war while you can explore nothing, they have tons more cash, and you're OOR of hitting anyone smaller than you. Even if you do get a smaller conflict, you just get vultured OOW by the aforementioned kingdoms. One mistake and your round is basically done.

More players does not mean better competition. It's actually the opposite. We run out of whoring targets in as little as a week now and go into pump/fight tough kds mode. It's actually a fairly ****ty land crown playing experience. I strongly contemplate retirement every round but somehow get talked back in. I usually tell them that I'll do the OOP stuff and then someone can take my prov but that never works :(

I think going warring is probably the most fun user experience one can have. Warring at the top is not currently ideal because you just get into one war and another kingdom out-explores you and then you're basically stuck. The most obvious change is to allow exploration in EOWCF to be normal cost. If I ever do "retire," I'll probably start my own small warring kd and do some consulting on the side.
    Last edited by Godly; 01-08-2014 at 22:17.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I played in round 20.
    How'd you do?

Palem when did you start playing utopia?
    I'm honestly not too sure. I think I started making provs and deleting them around the late 20's to early 30's

I was doing honor crowns with andn00bs. Got one in 19, retired around 21-22, came back round 28 won another then retired again. Didn't play a whole lot in 20's and 30's due to double majoring computer engineering & premed. I think honor crown is the most fun crown.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So you were unable to compete with the real kds that you claim to be better than.

Got it.

It's an interesting debate, but you weren't even playing so your opinion is practically worthless. Everything you know about the so called "real" kingdoms is through hearsay. I'll just recap one more time since I'm tired of arguing with you: In round 20, Pansies would have beaten any kingdom I put together because they were the best at that point in time. If I could take a "round 63" kingdom there, we would win. It's not that hard to comprehend. Utopians aren't athletes. We don't have finite career lengths. We get better every round. I'll take 10 years of experience in utopia over anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    you had to navigate thru a competition so fierce that if you open your mouth like this in the forum you would get bounced/razed by multis for the sake of it.
    oh god i miss that. i saw some people take hundreds of hits in hours haha. godly would definitely have been humbled back then.

also people keep failing to realize how easy it is to be highly active in utopia today as compared to earlier ages. NO SMARTPHONES, NO WIRELESS, NO LAPTOPS, AND FREAKING DIAL UP INTERNET CONNECTIONS, IM TALKING AOL BRO. those old kds would bend any of the new kds over and have their way with them if they had even half of the technology we have today.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    HRS would have beaten Pulsing Trollfags into the dirt and made flogger retire on the spot.
    yes, yes we would have. helluva roster

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    This is a fact. I was in there and the rest of HRS that hasn't retired is decorating the top like whipped(emphasize H)cream at a dorm party. :-D
    yes, yes we are. helluva roster

HRS/AC was probably the best unknown kd in recent utopia imho. basically AC's private irc chan was always busier than BB's has been this age, by a good margin. though to be fair we talked about a lot of silly stuff besides utopia all the time. :-P

SHOUTOUT TO THE HRS/AC PEEPS! miss you all
    Last edited by tras19; 02-08-2014 at 08:32.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Quote Originally Posted by tras19 View Post
    oh god i miss that. i saw some people take hundreds of hits in hours haha. godly would definitely have been humbled back then.

also people keep failing to realize how easy it is to be highly active in utopia today as compared to earlier ages. NO SMARTPHONES, NO WIRELESS, NO LAPTOPS, AND FREAKING DIAL UP INTERNET CONNECTIONS, IM TALKING AOL BRO. those old kds would bend any of the new kds over and have their way with them if they had even half of the technology we have today.
    I do remember some days OOP when we got located as being an absalom KD together with BiO on pure hearsay and happen to look like absalom setup. We got ganged by a total of 250 KDs in our news and i think BiO had over 300 different KDs hitting them. Mostly scripted provs. It ruined that age goal, from my memory we recovered and did well that age after some time.

But point is, there was a lot of things like this that could happen even if that might been one of the bigger server actions ive personaly seen since bounces on hel of dim forest.

With all the prominent players in for example CR they would make a nice target back then to destroy in any way possible. Especially with someone in the KD claiming he or they are the best.

Sure there was a lot more KDs to farm from, but there was also another 50 CRs to compete with and many of them cheating hardcore with flawless activity and farms/scripts etc.

Godly makes it sound as it would been easy to win back then when its the exact opposite. Took 10 times more from a KD to win back then, in all categories. Dip, organization, tools, leadership, contact net, activity, skill etc etc
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Forum Fanatic
    TBF there are alot more tools around nowadays than what there was in 20 etc, smartphones being one of them...

Regular
    When I played, from beta to 14ish, (returned 3 age ago) things we're for sure a lot different. 50,000 players made controlling the top a lot more difficult. I did a few top ten finishes and two as #2 as Darwin's Dark Legion monarch. At the start we used to have a lot of fun with CQ. imo the fun part of the game started to drop off when the serious alliances started coming through. In DDL we always thought alliance gang bang s were the lamest thing in the game, hence I always had a lot of respect for Eekthedog and flogger, even tho we had a few run-ins over the ages. As to who were better players, imo, CR, BB or AMA now would wipe the floor with my old DDL kd, even our #2 finishes setups, full of imo awesome players, there was not the communication, activity levels possible, also there was less experience warring as in those days war was a lot less rewarding. Looking back, there were a few things which made me quit the game (we got raped with deletions by mehul a couple times), but probably one lame rape we took off Absalom kds was a big reason.

Regular
    But having said that... If you took DDL best setup ever, with Glorat, Truskar, Eric, CGG, Loki etc, and gave us irc bot, target finder, smartphones etc, I'm confident we'd be crown competitive every round.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenithSun View Post
    But having said that... If you took DDL best setup ever, with Glorat, Truskar, Eric, CGG, Loki etc, and gave us irc bot, target finder, smartphones etc, I'm confident we'd be crown competitive every round.
    Only one way to find out breh, get the kd back together!

Regular
    Unfortunately haven't been able to find any of those guys. Think Glorat is ignoring me ;). I know his bro was playing with u in RBL. But we getting together a fun group of new Naabs (me included) willing to learn at the moment
    Last edited by ZenithSun; 02-08-2014 at 13:14.

Thread Information