Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

What would it take?

For your kd (and I'm assuming your kd is not a whoring kd) to try whoring for an age?

Keep in mind a couple things:
    1. Doesn't mean you can't war. You're more than welcomed to war.
    2. You don't need to have the goal of crowning, just see how high you can finish.

So...what would it take?

remove magic from game - that much would take

Veteran
    The bulk of the server doing the same so that when we look for a war (6 to 8 per age) we have more then 1 or 2 options, and those options have not been hoarding gc and science on some ridiculous draft % for weeks due to cfs.

Veteran
    For the last 2-3 weeks of an age, my former kingdom liked to whore, see how far we could get. Was generally a lot of fun, even in kd setups not made for whoring. With the current races and persona's, I quit playing since everything I like to play is just not good enough or will take way to long to build up. So for me to start trying to whore (ie play again), either make leets not ridiculously expensive or have an alternative way of getting them for every race.

Forum Fanatic
    For most of the server, the only way to rise on charts is to fight wars and win, but that will only go so far.

Post Fiend
    A button that serves as a way to say "nevermind" - insta land drop that keeps your exact per/acre numbers for everything but just changes your acres, to be used once per age (lol)

Not really serious, but I think the biggest worry with whoring is realizing half way through the age you have no shot at coming in the top 3, and are stuck in no man's land in terms of options for warring.

I'm sure a way to auto land drop isn't an option, but doing it through giving acres has other problems of giving up honor, inflating sci/wpa ect to make find wars very hard, as a few kds that have went for whoring and "failed" have experienced.

For me, and I assume the rest of my KD though I can't actually speak for them, it's simply a case of what interests us. Personally I like the game from a solely war based setup.

That being said, I have wondered what it is like to try and whore for an age, though I don't think that would be a popular suggestion so haven't bothered raising it. So to answer your question, the 24 other members of our KD agreeing to a whoring age, with a real plan/setup and a reasonable chance to accomplish some form of goal.

Forum Fanatic
    the most annoying thing about trying to grow isn't winning, it's the obnoxious FSU kingdoms met along the way.

Needs to get out more
    To me it's a matter of perception. Plenty of war kingdoms are knocking on the door, they just need to have faith in their players to run persona/race that can compete up top. I sited a few last age that at least had race figured out. Cowing is really where your troubles start in that you have an acre farm sticking out.
    First, make sure you're dangerous to farm and get prepared in freeze. Freeze prep, eowcf are the two biggest failures I see in a lot of potential explorer kingdoms. Palem is right; you will find war. Those most likely from the girth kingdoms. This is why you need provinces that can perform outside nw range and get bang for your buck in hostile.
    People need to get over the victim complex and embrace the challenge. If you're looking for war crown, then yes look elsewhere. But, if you're one of the many that seek a full Utopian experience why not engage top kingdoms? See how they work. See what you can trim to get efficient.
    Zauper and Crazy Pete were nice enough to post exploring how-2 in Strategy. Think about it in stages: learn to be dangerous. Diplomacy through power equals one-hand-washes-the-other. Harness your savvy in knowing how to be dangerous through simple diplo and then you can start to look at cowing. Never forget rule #1 ~ be dangerous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

The problem is that smaller less experienced kingdoms will just get farmed by the bigger more experienced kds, and this is discouraging. However, nowadays with so few kds and such good memories, the bigger kds take more risk feeding on little guys and abusing their advantage. The really smart small kds are the ones who fireball and fools gold the bigger kds cows who give relations, but those kds are few and far between. On the flip side, the bigger kds act more reasonably now, usually only taking 1 wave or select hits for a CF that lasts a good chunk of weeks.

I would encourage smaller kds to grow and try to compete for land, but we need to see a shift in the top kds attitude towards smaller guys to do it. But that's hard, because a kd like BB might be nice and offer a cf for a kd to grow and compete, but then another kd like Pyros will swoop and take as much as they can. So it becomes a race to rape little kds asap.

I don't know the solution to the problem, but this seems to be the main hurdle.
    Proud Monarch of #Debauchery
    Stick to Your Word!
    It's all about the logs
    Follow Your Dreams!
    Believe in Yourself!
    Let Your Spirit Guide You!

I think the key component that most kingdoms miss out on is not having a whatsapp channel filled with aehtak selfies.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    For your kd (and I'm assuming your kd is not a whoring kd) to try whoring for an age?

Keep in mind a couple things:
    1. Doesn't mean you can't war. You're more than welcomed to war.
    2. You don't need to have the goal of crowning, just see how high you can finish.
    So...what would it take?
    Just to clarify, are you also asking what would it take for ghettos to use their explore pool? I guess devs can include KD rank in explore formula. If your KD is less than 40-50 in KD land rank then your explore cost should decrease drastically.

Forum Addict
    What would it take? I imagine the removal of the existing professional whoring kingdoms from the game. ;)

Honestly, who else has a chance? Even if a kingdom were to try whoring, they'd be at a disadvantage in skill and know-how right off the bat, not to mention connections for ceasefires, then simply become farms for the larger kingdoms that got bigger sooner. More land for the top kingdoms across the board. Heck, why not just call it chart-shaping? That's a popular buzz-term nowadays. :)

Forum Fanatic
    They need to bring back genesis server to mix everyone up so the more experienced can teach the less experienced.

I agree with ABA.

For those that have never experienced whoring, you should join a whoring kingdom for at least 1 age. It will make you x5 he player you are going back to waring and ghetto play. This is a BoH promise.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thread Information