Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz = McCarthy 2.0

Ted Cruz = McCarthy 2.0

OMG man Ted Cruz is out of this world. Why is this guy in the senate? He belongs in a nuthouse.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Yeah, reading Dr. Seuss in a filibuster attempt on the Senate floor seems to be the least crazy thing he's done. That guy is pure cancer for a party already circling the drain. Obama winning in 2012 really pushed a lot of them over the edge I think. They can't even pass a highway bill - one of the least controversial issues Congress has historically dealt with. Deny, obfuscate, or just say no - that's the modern day Republican party. Obama isn't a great President, but comparatively? He looks like Saint Jerome.

The nuthouse of representatives?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    OMG man Ted Cruz is out of this world. Why is this guy in the senate? He belongs in a nuthouse.
    He's in a senate because he's from a minority and fairly popular with the minorities or so I've read. The Democrats are far more popular with the minorities, it's a significant contributor to them winning the last election, so the GOP needs every bit of help it can get to steal popularity with the indentured masses.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

the comparison with McCarthy is striking even in appearance and I would guess equally paranoid and delusional too. I wanna bet his demise will be similar too, like cirrhosis of the liver for instance ;) He strikes me as a chain smoker, but also a heavy drinker. Mens sane in corpore sano really does apply to him, a decrepid body and a rotten mind.

He's from a minority all right, but not a racial one. He's part of the far right Teaparty, ultra-conservatives in the US that hate the government, deny any form of climate science, want unrestricted trade without regulation, hate the new healthcare laws and just today denied their own party from voting on one of their own bills. The US political scene is in chaos because of people like Cruz. No bills are being voted on, essentially our legislative branch is paralyzed. And to cap it all off, they're now suing President Obama for using his executive powers to get things done on his own. The biggest irony is that today, after the Republicans attacked themselves, some of them complained that Obama wasn't doing enough. These Conservatives in the US are a plague, further right than Bush jr. If you can even imagine that.
    Last edited by BasketCase; 01-08-2014 at 01:15.

Forum Fanatic
    Repubs be trollin'.

This pretty much sums up the republican party:

This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

That's no joke. Todd Akin, a Republican from Missouri, claimed women's bodies have ways of dealing with unwanted sperm if they are raped. I am not making this up.

He sits on the committee for science and technology. I'm not making that up either.

Quote Originally Posted by BasketCase View Post
    He sits on the committee for science and technology. I'm not making that up either.
    oh boy...

These Conservatives in the US are a plague, further right than Bush jr. If you can even imagine that.

we have some of those nutters too, but they're the racist and islamaphobic kind

That's no joke. Todd Akin, a Republican from Missouri, claimed women's bodies have ways of dealing with unwanted sperm if they are raped. I am not making this up.

Well the problem is that they are expected to be against abortion. So when people ask "but what if a woman gets pregnant from a rape?" they have to make up an answer that does not condone abortion. They fail at that.....
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Texas, Cruz's home state, just passed a barrage of anti-abortion legislation which is constitutionally dubious, but because the government can't agree on anything, and the high court being stacked with several Conservative religious judges, it will likely stand. The thing is, before the Texas legislature passed the law, their own Texas Medical Association strongly advised that state's politicians to reconsider because it would do more harm to women's health overall.

Now in your country, all party members might take pause from their own medical experts advising in strongest possible language against bad legislation. But that process no longer takes place in the US. Everything is sensationalized, is intensely personal, battle lines are drawn, and everything devolves into a mud slinging contest, presided over by a ratings-driven media who produce news-like entertainment. If you've ever watched how crooked and game-show-like India's elections are, that is where the US is headed. US politics will soon be what fake Professional Wrestling is to actual Olympic wrestling.

Texas, Cruz's home state, just passed a barrage of anti-abortion legislation which is constitutionally dubious, but because the government can't agree on anything, and the high court being stacked with several Conservative religious judges, it will likely stand. The thing is, before the Texas legislature passed the law, their own Texas Medical Association strongly advised that state's politicians to reconsider because it would do more harm to women's health overall.

Now in your country, all party members might take pause from their own medical experts advising in strongest possible language against bad legislation. But that process no longer takes place in the US. Everything is sensationalized, is intensely personal, battle lines are drawn, and everything devolves into a mud slinging contest, presided over by a ratings-driven media who produce news-like entertainment. If you've ever watched how crooked and game-show-like India's elections are, that is where the US is headed. US politics will soon be what fake Professional Wrestling is to actual Olympic wrestling.
    Lol, our media want sensation too. We have a multi party system but the media love to pretend there will be a photo finish. If the media are pretending it will be a close tie between parties A and B then voters who hate A will vote B and vice versa which turns it into a self fulfilling prophesy. I'm a member of the Dutch Pirate Party. During the 2012 election we polled at 1 seat but once the media started to hype that it would be a close thing between A en B, voters started to abandon their favorite parties just to keep the party they hated most out of power. The sheer irony is that A end B are now forced into a government coalition so nobody got what they wanted and the people hate A and B so much that the polls show both of them at a huge loss.

Yeah I voted for option C as I didn't like A and B too. In my case it was the Lib Dems. Needless to say they didn't even come close to obtaining 1 seat. I used to to vote Labour, or D66, but neither appealed to me after this whole cookie law thing. It opened up my eyes. VVD still doesn't appeal to me, especially after this whole asylum thing. I am not Christian so that rules out any of the confessional parties. And never will I vote for anything far left or far right. Parties that advocate for a totalitarian regime never offer a solution. So bottomline, so many parties, so little choice. :P

As to the pirate party. I couldn't see myself vote for that one. The Swedish one is in a European coalition that involves some regional green parties and many nationalists. Most of these nationalists are utter scum in my opinion. Many were on the wrong side of the war, many are entirely corrupt, and some are xenophobic. The Corsicans for instance are nothing more than mere drug barons. If those are your political friends and allies, I hate to know what these Swedish pirates stand for as it most likely isn't anything good. Trading one insane system for another insane system of beliefs it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

But I shouldn't be too hard on those pirates. Dutch Lib dems have some incredibly stupid ideas too, especially when it comes to fusion. Anyhow I guess you're best off starting your own political party. At least that way you can get what you want.
    Last edited by freemehul; 04-08-2014 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    Yeah I voted for option C as I didn't like A and B too. In my case it was the Lib Dems. Needless to say they didn't even come close to obtaining 1 seat. I used to to vote Labour, or D66, but neither appealed to me after this whole cookie law thing. It opened up my eyes. VVD still doesn't appeal to me, especially after this whole asylum thing. I am not Christian so that rules out any of the confessional parties. And never will I vote for anything far left or far right. Parties that advocate for a totalitarian regime never offer a solution. So bottomline, so many parties, so little choice. :P

As to the pirate party. I couldn't see myself vote for that one. The Swedish one is in a European coalition that involves some regional green parties and many nationalists. Most of these nationalists are utter scum in my opinion. Many were on the wrong side of the war, many are entirely corrupt, and some are xenophobic. The Corsicans for instance are nothing more than mere drug barons. If those are your political friends and allies, I hate to know what these Swedish pirates stand for as it most likely isn't anything good. Trading one insane system for another insane system of beliefs it is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

But I shouldn't be too hard on those pirates. Dutch Lib dems have some incredibly stupid ideas too, especially when it comes to fusion. Anyhow I guess you're best off starting your own political party. At least that way you can get what you want.
    The Swedish pirates joined The Greens/European Free Alliance (Greens/EFA) which contains some regional parties but not the xenophobe ones like PVV. They fought hard to have ACTA rejected. Despite having 2 out of Sweden's 20 EP seats, they received only minimal media attention during the 2014 elections because they didn't have any national seat. As a result the lost both seats but fortunately, the German pirates managed to take one so there is still a pirate in the EP.

Thread Information