Thread: More detail on honor?

Regular

More detail on honor?

So, I carefully searched the wiki and the forum for more information on how honor is gained. Found a few tidbits on very specific situations, but nothing that spelled it out. Some of the comments led me to believe this is privileged information. Did I miss something? Is the honor formula a secret? If so, why?

A thousand apologies if this is explained somewhere else and I missed it!

Strategy Moderator
    no one knows the honor formula thats y its not posted. general rules of thumb are
    1.harder ops=higher honor
    2. In nw range targets yield more honor
    3. higher honor person u hit/op the more honor you get.

Also note spells are not the same as thievery ops. Generally a spell will give more honor than a thief op of similar difficulty. Example- MS gives way more honor than prop on a single success.

Regular
    MS onto a fairly even target yeilds 10-12 honor, FB on the same target yields 4-6. not sure on the others these are just what I have been getting this war, blanket MS+NM run at start of war netted me 189 honor bringing me to baron in the first tick of war (:

Regular
    No official response as to why honor is secret? As a newbie, this leaves me to guess the reasoning behind this:

Hypothesis 1: Honor is broken, if formula was known it would be widely abused.
    Hypothesis 2: Honor is closely guarded secret, giving old-timers much needed advantage against new players.

None of the games formulas are divulged by the developers. If the players spade them out they are welcome to share them on the games wiki.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpiousXIII View Post
    So, I carefully searched the wiki and the forum for more information on how honor is gained. Found a few tidbits on very specific situations, but nothing that spelled it out. Some of the comments led me to believe this is privileged information. Did I miss something? Is the honor formula a secret? If so, why?

A thousand apologies if this is explained somewhere else and I missed it!
    The exact gains haven't been figured out, but there are a few things:

- War and hostile relations increase honor exchanged. For hostile, the kingdom that GIVES hostile receives a bonus, which is (iirc) double honor gains,
    - The bonus from war fades in over 24 hours
    - Attacks in war generate honor for the attacking province. I am not sure if this honor is proportional to the honor gained from attacking. Ops do not (as far as I know) generate honor.
    - More difficult spells and thief operations gain more honor.
    - Using weak ops (like a lot of 1 peasant kidnaps) is less effective than using ops at their full strength.
    - Honor gains cut off sharply when hitting below nw range.
    - Honor gains for hitting far above nw range cut off sharply, but as far as I know there is still a minimum honor gain for topfeeding (50%?), whereas a province gains no honor whatsoever for hitting or opping someone around 60% nw.
    - Honor gains are proportional to how much honor the province has; however the most recent change to honor seems to place some reduction for attacks/ops on provinces with especially high relative honor.

It used to be that wartime honor gains were about 600% that of honor gains w/o relations, but the formula was adjusted so that honor gains in peace are comparable to wartime honor gains, so it's probably closer to 300-400%. I think base honor gains are something like 2-3% of a target's honor for a trad in-range? kingdom relative networth has no effect on honor gains.

The rules were changed so that honor gains were more stable, and generally honor flows upward now rather than downward. It's no longer possible to use a very small province to cheese the honor system.
    Most honor advantages are acquired through ops and war wins rather than attack frequency, and of course establishing the kingdom in a position to win wars should reduce opportunities to take honor away.
    There are some cheese tactics like hitting fortified kingdoms to grab lots of honor without taking in so many acres, especially if the target kingdom has some high honor provinces.

^^ this has me interested now. I never really thought about it before. Please someone explain.

hit in nw range but higher nw than you
    hit provinces that made last hits in news, be sure to be first to hit them
    hit provinces that have greater or same honour rank than you, if you are lord hit baron or more, or lord, dont hit peasants
    you can also be sure to have high offense, and provoke them to bang you first then you have opportunity as your nw will be lowest than everyone and you'll be gbp to drain their honour
    have high tpa, wpa and wt so they dont feed honour from you
    do ops on provinces that got land in and wait for them to attack cause their tpa, wpa will be low but have fresh honour
    and few other
    eiminate opponents from your nw range and grow through war

some people play tms cause they are honour greedy but that ruins the game imo cause they are totaly useless for kd
    to gain honour as attacker is more fun

Thread Information