Thread: Tree of Gold

Veteran

Tree of Gold

Could someone explain to me the finer points of tree of gold please? Exactly what all modifies ToG? How is *income* calculated? Is it essentially if the game were to tick this instant the income value that would be shown on my state page?

Post Fiend
    Pretty much, yes. Anything that modifies your income modifies your potential ToG output. ToG will give you 40-80% of your income/successful cast

Regular
    gross income is what it goes off of, not net. If that helps at all.

Forum Fanatic
    I think guild% has a slight effect on how much money in generated as well, or at least it used to. Don't know if that was changed when paradise was changed to flat effect. At any rate you would want good guild% in order to fail as few togs as possible, and for longer duration magic so more mana can be spent on tog and not on spell upkeep.

Veteran
    Appreciate the replies, but I am still looking for a more definitive answer. I was guessing whoring kds may have done some research on this since they tog for weeks on end :D

Post Fiend
    What exactly are you looking for? Do you mean how income is calculated in general? As that is the same as how it is calculated for ToG afaik.

Veteran
    I'm looking for someone who is more sure of how it is calculated and if all income modifiers affect it. I am also curious if it is a current status thing or a tick thing i.e. a dragon was sent during this tick is the debuff applied immediately / removed immediately on slay?

Forum Fanatic
    Whatever your gross income is on state screen, that is the base the game uses to determine how much gc is generated. Therefore things with affect income (riots, overpopulation, racial income bonuses, science, banks, honor, dragons) affect tree of gold, at the exact time the spell is cast. For instance, if you raze 20% banks and then cast tog, you will get far less money than if you tog before razing the banks.

Veteran
    alright thanks.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    I'm looking for someone who is more sure of how it is calculated and if all income modifiers affect it. I am also curious if it is a current status thing or a tick thing i.e. a dragon was sent during this tick is the debuff applied immediately / removed immediately on slay?
    go to state tab on throne page - you will see 'daily income' under affairs of the state section.. tog is calculated based on that number which is the current expected gross income of your prov - which means riots/dragons/kidnaps you make or made on you/income science from learn/banks increase&decrease all take effect immediately! ex. your tog (40-80 range) same tick will change before & after you get riots..

Post Demon
    Kinda prone to abuse then. Orc KD, all stack up few Ks of sols, send them all to a faery who releases them into pezzies and ToGs for +400% income :P might lose some through desertion though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    Kinda prone to abuse then. Orc KD, all stack up few Ks of sols, send them all to a faery who releases them into pezzies and ToGs for +400% income :P might lose some through desertion though :P
    There are far better ways to obtain good ToG income than overpopping yourself...

Forum Fanatic
    Overpop mechanics prevent a faery from doing that, plus it's a gargantuan waste of soldiers... unless your faery is extremely depopulated at +400% income is a move from 0.5 ppa to 2.5ppa.

Enthusiast
    it can be ok. it's pretty situational. if the ToG'er started off very overdrafted but now has pop space and has the wpa/nw range to be protected from FB while the core is getting fat with peons but has no FB protection and can be chained then it can be worthwhile to sold bomb a ToG run.

Thread Information