Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerks vs AMA Age 62

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    I really didn't expect them to wave into fort, goodz. We knew it was gonna happen, generally speaking :P
    were you fully drafted? If not of course they would wave you into fort. Why sit and let you draft up
    My life is better then yours.

Enthusiast
    So what's the tax rate this age?

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Jerks had some eoa 61/boa 62 reserve problems and apparently are still recruiting, according to irc msg. So, any level of accomplishment thus far is commendable.
    I'd imagine facing AMA in patchwork kingdom building is a bit harder than it would be otherwise. The motivator is to be sure you do at least one thing well. Something that hurts.
    Everyone's always recruiting in the top. We could use a player too if anyone's looking. You're welcome to message me in IRC ;)

Also, showed the video in an IRC channel and a non-utopia player, mentioned the following:

[20:23:03] <tusia> is there a moment he finally starts crying? cos i dont want to watch it all
    [20:23:18] <Cello> lol no he won't start crying
    [20:23:23] <tusia> meh
    [20:23:28] <tusia> boooooooooooooooooring
    [20:23:33] <tusia> id not get motivated
    [20:23:35] <Cello> it's supposed to be a motivational video :P
    [20:24:03] <tusia> well maybe someone should explain to him the point of motivational videos
    [20:24:14] <Cello> XD
    [20:24:14] <tusia> this is more like putting a baby to sleep video
    [20:24:31] <tusia> but he looks nice and id hug him
    [20:24:35] <Cello> can I quote that on the forums? :P
    [20:24:43] <tusia> you can
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Needs to get out more
    Like I said, it's jerk motivation. He sounds like my boss at work; we are all jerks at work. When the meeting is over everybody makes fun of him and we have a productive day...but we're still jerks to each other all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

This will be so one sided... sorry Tetlers.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Forum Fanatic
    maybe if I make a better video...

The Jerks.

Needs to get out more
    So we can try to break it down a bit.
    AMA has the durability with undead offense and elf defense.
    AMA elves magic bonus allows them to tilt the core advantage.
    Jerks should hold a brief offensive advantage.
    Jerks could figure out a way to put a sabotage advantage to use.
    Jerks may find success with duration ops vs dwarves, but not on undead mystics.
    AMA should dominate the ops end.

If I were Jerks I'd attempt to tear down elves with 400k plus nw salient advantage and build speed/rax/-time in the sub 400k for survival. I won't try to guess what AMA will do. Min time wd by Jerks maybe up in acres with cow losses. If things went beyond expectations....we shall see; but I'd form two nw pockets if I could.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Forum Fanatic
    Imo we had more income than AMA did across the board since we have 21 toggers, bunch of them human sages. Their undeads still had to pay for some rebuilds since they had a **** ton of banks, and we had a one sided op advantage. We decided it was worth eating some hits to keep the op advantage for a bit. The idea was that since we had a lot more gold that we should drain them further and try to achieve some sort of perhaps econ/dragon advantage. Dragging hostile longer also seemed favourable since NM chaining is likely to be a plan of theirs and it's not possible really oow. I guess time will tell if this was a successful strategy. We currently have a 1 sided saph, for what it's worth.

We fools golded some gold (medium success) tried to fireball through fort (terrible success, this was a complete waste of runes and mana. Elit regenerated the peasants within 10 hours).

Given our lack of conversion, waving into fort was probably what was needed, especially if they expected us to snap declare. But the only "huge impact" effect of their wave(s) was the cow hit on boss when he had no hosps.

if this is the **** talk thread, I'll just ask goodz why he feels the need to deem something a farm out before anything relevant even happens. You saw how CR v BB went after button was given into fort.

Honestly, I haven't actually played utopia in the competitive realm for very long (like two years?) and I've led for an even shorter amount of time. I'm also in the process of moving out of my house - but none of that even matters. I don't need an excuse for the outcome of this war, no matter what it is. I know I have a great deal to learn. You give it your best and you see what happens. The only true failure is in not trying at all.

The Jerks.

Post Fiend
    Don't worry tets, is only the people who dont play in either kd who feel the need to trashtalk or offer their unwanted strategical analysis. Relations are pretty good with EJ and AMA aside from Napster who wants to unleash his halfer havoc on Celien for some reason lol.

I think your video was decent, and can only assume you unzipped your hoodie that far in an attempt at flirtation/ distraction.

Good luck to all Jerks.

LL Nex Imperio!
    #Hiatus

Thumbs up

Doesn't look that one sided to me tbh, looks kinda close. Don't think it'll be farmout.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 12-08-2014 at 09:58.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Needs to get out more
    Actually if I was tetley I'd want the war just to see tactics. No making fun from my end. I'm presenting assets to fuel a discussion. It's a learning process putting strategy and resources together. I've seen great tactics with poor resources and obviously great resources with poor tactics.

Being in the lower tier I simply have the same curiosity I have studying any hobby.
    ________
    Weed bowls

It'll be close, for sure. But it'll be fun :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn5qdl7ux-M
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Post Fiend
    Shoutout to tetley!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    I really didn't expect them to wave into fort, goodz. We knew it was gonna happen, generally speaking :P
    When one kingdom is prepared and the other one isnt it doesn't matter what stance you sit in

Tetley is a nice guy with a friendly face no need to troll him. He's also a humble dude, its n00bz with no accomplishment who pretend to be good like Topsy that need to be trolled day and night (and cj the way he acted first age pyro grew into the top and was cocky :p)
    Last edited by Proteus; 12-08-2014 at 12:13.

Enthusiast
    i root for jerks tho its going to be impossible to win simply because ama has better strategists imho.

Thread Information