Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AMA Mean Bullies vs. Sad Jerks Age 62 - ROUND TWO??!!

Forum Fanatic
    It's not that I think their request (3k cow, 5k core) was overly extravagant, it's just that it came right after losing a war. We were already down having lost. A lot of our players are not really used to playing in the top, and play to always retal hits and never give acres for CF (what you might call the greatmorbo attitude). Nothing would demoralize them more. It also wasn't just the total number of acres, it was the distribution. AMA wouldn't settle for just one hit on our biggest prov.

And yes chrystal, Cello did say that stuff, but I don't repeat it as an attempt to slander him. I mostly mentioned it because I was honestly quite impressed at his display of knowledge of human psychology - he's clearly done a lot of diplo. I don't think it was in earnest and I don't hold it against him... it's all part of the game ;)

The Jerks.

Max gain WD waves are pretty standard afaik. you take a bit of a risk if the enemy KD isnt perfectly waved that they will pick up on it and +4h their own hits, but if the other KD employs a tactic that is very predictable and or leaves themselves open, why the heck shouldn't you take advantage of it?

The forcing B2B is rather lame imho, I've never really experienced that, people just seem to walk away after wars with some sort of unspoken non duration specified implied CF.

What I would suggest you do is find some willing nice guy in a ghetto and allow him to take all your land so elit cant get it... :)

EDIT:
    @Strato - lolz.
    flogger builds immense hammers and Elit/Dirty'(?) build triads.
    @Elit - please stop getting better at posting in English, I really miss the old Elitglish posts.
    Last edited by Spahrep; 21-08-2014 at 00:15.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Forum Fanatic
    Elit I'm not even complaining. It's just a post to let people know what's going on :D
    I don't know what happened regarding the steward and any messages at the start of the age. I don't know why you guys hadn't accepted it by the time I logged on. The steward sending the CF offer was foolish in the first place, just like it was foolish for you guys to give hostile to a kingdom when you had a cow on 0.1 wpa :P

The Jerks.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Elit I'm not even complaining. It's just a post to let people know what's going on :D
    I don't know what happened regarding the steward and any messages at the start of the age. I don't know why you guys hadn't accepted it by the time I logged on. The steward sending the CF offer was foolish in the first place, just like it was foolish for you guys to give hostile to a kingdom when you had a cow on 0.1 wpa :P
    Our cow had much more wpa but its not excuse. You have offered us CF and you needed to check with your co before you drop CF propose and start all ops.
    I dont remember us make big post in forum for how lame is this and let ppl know :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Gave you plenty of options and plenty of ways to settle this and still have you in a competitive position without losing face. Iirc last offer on the table was 3k acres from the top, 3k acres from the core with a max of two hits on the iron bank and one each on the other top provs for en eoa cf. After which you could've explored the iron bank back into top3-5 land easily, with a median that was significantly higher than most of the surrounding kds and would've had you make the cheapest eoa cf deal ever.

There were no cf talks before the withdraw, all of it was after. And the main problem was that you took acres from the top that we couldn't get back so easily.

In the end you choose to let the deal bust on the fact that you didn't want the iron bank hit more than once and I repeatedly told you that we'd be happy to duke it out instead. I showed plenty of patience during the negotiations and believe me I feigned none of the anger at the end, because in your position I would've leapt at the deal offered. I compromised heavily in those talks and was fully genuine and in the end was angry that you wouldn't see reason, but choose to be stubborn in the face of what waas actually a good deal.

Right now I'm enjoying myself in what is turning out to be quite a fun conflict, even though your idiotic kd mate threatened both elit and myself.

Your kd mates don't understand that sometimes they have to give up some acres for a cf? Then they shouldn't be playing in the top.

As for what chrystal said: no, we didn't max gain against pew2 in the final hours of our war. We didn't +4 and never have in any of our wars since this kd has been around. And the fact that we withdrew on good terms earned us a good position in cf talks. The fact that jerks withdrew 2 hours later than they could and took acres off our top, when they had a 2.5h window before that to wd without any extra losses, but took acres off our top instead, definitely influenced our decision to go for a round two or get some of the acres on our top back instead of giving a free cf
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Forum Fanatic
    Who made our taunt, lmfao? That **** is lol

The Jerks.

i didnt mean to take anything away from how both sides acted in our war cello. your peon decided to say everyone gives up acres for cf and war is war and cf is cf. thats just not always true.

also no threaatening cello, jerks. he is azn mafia so he is protected.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Who made our taunt, lmfao? That **** is lol
    The question is, Will the Iron Bank have it's due?
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Elit View Post
    tetley being bad leader is main problem. You should know game better when you make your decisions. We was ready for give you CF for free if you have WD min time but you special hold your armies for max gains from our top land provinces before you WD. Its valid game tactic but you should know its drop your chances for get free cf after it. We was feel we need to back our acres before give you CF and we made it clear to you. You had chance for get for 5k CF (your max gains was 2500) but you rejected it and told you are going to fight. Now don't complain when its YOUR decision.

Dont forget past 3 ages every age your kd made ****s to us and its alone are enough for going hard on you now. For example this age when we did hit early on Jerks your stepward send us in game msg how we can do "X" hits and after it we can accept CF he have send in game cf propose. We did hits and after it monarch (you) pop online, reject CF and FB our cow. Its was one from main reasons we have loss after it war to pew pew. You think you can nonstop mess with us like it and we wont pay back? Wrong call!
    Elit's inability to not give in to a grudge once again costing him a crown.

And he calls tetly a bad leader.

sad

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Elit's inability to not give in to a grudge once again costing him a crown.

And he calls tetly a bad leader.

sad
    I assure you grudges are way more fun than crowns. We all have plenty of crowns, but you can never have enough grudges in a game like this. Keeps things interesting!
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    From Elit's sig:
    "Age 62 goal: Win !"

*shrugs*

And win conditions aren't the same for everyone. Also it doesn't specify what to win. I'd say we're winning now :)

Forum Fanatic
    Long post, read all of it though. Diplo can get Harry and emotions can run high, so all of this needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I really don't understand your post Tetley what was the point of it. Are you looking for sympathy, trying to make ama look like the bad guys or airing dirty laundry?

I personally don't think cf after war is guaranteed. There were times when we beat someone in war and I made the choice to not cf them after but also wouldn't reengage and there were times when we pushed for b2b. It's all about strategy and maximizing outcomes, it's not about being nice or being mean. Just because you warred doesnt make you entitled to a cf. You cite pewpew giving cf or other kingdoms, it's not done out Of charity, it's done because both kingdoms have something to gain. They felt they could get more land from you and didn't want to cf for nothing, so they asked for land and when they felt they could have more by fighting, went for it. Don't really see anything wrong with this having done it myself.

Also +4 isnt a lame move, just a dumb one thats why people don't really do if. When you +4 your only choice is to wd and you are less flexible to respond to what your opponent does.

Also no idea why anyone would negotiate through goodz, he's a n00b.

Needs to get out more
    The point in my dusty old answer was that a kingdom built to beat AMA is unlikely to be built to also beat BB. Doesn't matter if it's design or coincidence. I'm encouraging Jerks to train wreck the AMA core so that it must drag crippled on it's continued journey. AMA has already stated they essentially don't like you and you, in practice, don't like them. This isn't hate, this is the fun part. I'm a Buckeye and we get up for Michigan. Simple.

Like you said tetley, it's a game for fun and challenge. Obviously AMA are quite confident in a farm out victory. The answer is to tear of a chunk of the core and decimate. No hard feelings. It's how I would set myself up to continue after a predicted nw respite. No cf, I'm with you there. Make them work for it.

Again, this is strategy. The rules never said you need a cow to crown, it's just unlikely. You have a crown, remember what got you there. Everybody will call it fake just like they called SWEA. But I maintain that monsoor was a master at reading people and got his crown by focusing on that strength of his character.

Above all, both sides have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

News Correspondent
    Of all the people I've diplo with in the game, Cello is the most stubborn whiney baby. It's like a rich tween girl on her period blackmailing her daddy that if she doesn't get the pony she wants she's gonna break expensive stuff around the house.

Also lol at crying about the 50mil gc I FG from you cello. Firstly what a upset girl excuse (almost as bad as QQ about +4 wd wave). Secondly I FG about 80-100 mil from jerks the day before.

Elit you honestly should find someone more competent to do diplo for you or at least when cello is on the rag.

Thread Information