Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are AMA really crying?

Post Demon

Are AMA really crying?

You just actively initiated a drawn out hostile with a kingdom you had already gained 15k acres off of and who had no desire to war you, while ignoring your imminently expiring CF with another Kingdom who you already knew from weeks ago was going to come after you in YR 6 and playing the cognitive dissonance card claiming your own leaders don't even know what CF deal you have!

And now you are crying about an impending 1v1 conflict you knew was coming? Pathetic.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'll just leave these here...

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Elit's inability to not give in to a grudge once again costing him a crown.
    Not really.
    They don't want you to win. Now you won't.

Simple enough for you?
    -People do things that don't match up with Elit's "values"
    -Elit targets them, usually either sidetracking their goals of winning, or directly costing them
    -AMA loses
    You're missing the point. Strategically, this is the wrong move.

If Elit's learned anything in the past few ages, it SHOULD be that sometimes the blood in the water that you're smelling is actually poison. But Elit just doesn't have it in him to let a grudge go and not jump on a hot grenade.

Let me spell it out in big bold letters for everyone in AMA that's not getting this:
    Jerks has screwed you over in the past, which Elit has publicly condemned them for. Now you've forced a b2b after farming them, effectively ruining any future goals for the age they may have hoped to achieve.

Name one good reason they won't actively work to royally screw you over please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Palem your "analysis" of what people do is really off because you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Palem, this is you "Most of the former pro sportscasters have no idea what they're talking about." only apply it to Utopia. :) (also remove the pro, heck just say you dont have a clue what you're talking about)
    But its true, you dont know what you are talking about. You think you but thats two different things. Its obvious that the reason they havent crowned is due to them having a set of princples others kds lack otherwise they would have been able to crown few times quite easy.

BUt its all good, keep living in your delusional world. :)

Post Fiend
    +1 to palem in this ahahahah

lol palem you forgot to close the thread :)

palem, where do you play now?

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    I've been trying to recruit Palem to my Super Super Kingdom. We are about to make it into the top 200 for L/NW.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I've been trying to recruit Palem to my Super Super Kingdom. We are about to make it into the top 200 for L/NW.
    too pro for me

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    All Nightmare Long

palen and boh should of joined my kd.

we could rock le forums
    My life is better then yours.

Here is my take on the situation from an unbiased perspective: Elit and Pet made a deal for 72hr notice. Somewhere along the line Binar asked Cello to confirm the CF @ 48hrs and he did. I don't know if there is a missing log somewhere where it was changed or if Cello just didn't know, but it seems like it was an error and should be a 72 hr notice based on the original proposal.

Regarding the definition of hostile: to me, hostile is achieved when you give a button to someone. You can't wave a small kingdom and say you're hostile since there isn't a button. And it certainly isn't hostile when the relations ended upon Jerks entering war.

Regarding Pew's notice: It's not *really* a dealbreak since they have 48 hrs in writing from a monarch in AMA and AMA/Jerks relations ended upon Jerks entering war with another kingdom (and I don't think they were ever even in range of giving a button?), but the ethical stance would be to honor the original agreement @72hrs. We would. Lesson learned here is to make sure you have all the facts before confirming CFs.

Regarding Jerks, what they did was fairly messed up waving into AMA and then going to another war. If I were in AMA's shoes I'd be really pissed off too. At the same time, I can understand Jerks' position given AMA's aggressive tactics towards them and wanting to "stick it to them." I really don't know which side is worse here because I can put myself in both sides' shoes and be pissed off. At the same time, I know that I wouldn't be in either's position because I wouldn't let it get to that point. So I think both sides here are at "fault."

Regarding AMA double waving jerks, they have every right to unless there was a CF agreement after first war. Most kingdoms try to CF after a war because it's the nice thing to do, but it's certainly not required. I just wish they would be forthcoming about their reasons (it's easy land given the size diff) instead of putting on a charade about how it's unfair to max gain final wave in war. Every kingdom max gains final wave in war. I think if AMA had just said "we want 5k" land for CF they would have gotten it and not been in this position. Instead, they wanted to be greedy and go to war again and gain another 10-15k

Final thought: Interestingly enough, Jerks and AMA have generally had good relations towards each other in the past. I found it really odd for AMA to re-wave there and ruin their relationship further. For the Pew/AMA war, I haven't seen any intel, but from what I can guess, AMA is in big trouble. Pew probably has a lot more stock, more NW already, and has been prepared. 48 hrs isn't a great deal of time to prepare for a big war. I think even with 72 hrs, AMA would be in trouble. I would like to see Pew extend the notice to the original agreed on time.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Post Fiend
    Deal was 48 hours as binar and cello confirmed. The guy not leading is saying 72 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    Deal was 48 hours as binar and cello confirmed. The guy not leading is saying 72 hours.

So, Petrified is jus tricking Elit that hes within the rights to make Diplo talks. That makes it even more dirty, if Petrified isnt in a position to do diplo why is he doing diplo then? WHy didnt he just say do diplo with Binar?

Oh and Palem you're still a clueless nub that lacks the experince to make any judgement upon any of the kds in the top. :)

Post Fiend
    So, Petrified is jus tricking Elit that hes within the rights to make Diplo talks. That makes it even more dirty, if Petrified isnt in a position to do diplo why is he doing diplo then? WHy didnt he just say do diplo with Binar?

Oh and Palem you're still a clueless nub that lacks the experince to make any judgement upon any of the kds in the top. :)
    I was refering to elit saying it is 72 hours.

Post Fiend
    Petrified was leading, but has since left Pew Pew.

The events as claimed are:

Petrified negotiated a deal with Elit for 72 hours.
    Petrified quits, leaving note the deal was 48 hours.
    Binar talks to Cello on three separate occasion, as he appears to be running AMA since Elit has said on numerous occasions he is not really running AMA this age. Cello agrees it is 48 hours.

So question is why did Cello not say that the deal was 72 hours during any of these conversations? Did Elit not pass it on? Maybe Cello thought that a 48 hour notice was more beneficial to them, so decided to not correct Binar?

Either way, sounds like the deal was agreed by both parties to be 48 hours.
    Last edited by Runefire; 25-08-2014 at 06:54.

Regular
    i'm still not entirely sure why AMA re-waved. If it was just for more land than its fine as it IS a war game, but if there is a more in depth meaning i'd like to know just for the sake of understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Here is my take on the situation from an unbiased perspective: Elit and Pet made a deal for 72hr notice. Somewhere along the line Binar asked Cello to confirm the CF @ 48hrs and he did. I don't know if there is a missing log somewhere where it was changed or if Cello just didn't know, but it seems like it was an error and should be a 72 hr notice based on the original proposal.

Regarding the definition of hostile: to me, hostile is achieved when you give a button to someone. You can't wave a small kingdom and say you're hostile since there isn't a button. And it certainly isn't hostile when the relations ended upon Jerks entering war.

Regarding Pew's notice: It's not *really* a dealbreak since they have 48 hrs in writing from a monarch in AMA and AMA/Jerks relations ended upon Jerks entering war with another kingdom (and I don't think they were ever even in range of giving a button?), but the ethical stance would be to honor the original agreement @72hrs. We would. Lesson learned here is to make sure you have all the facts before confirming CFs.

Regarding Jerks, what they did was fairly messed up waving into AMA and then going to another war. If I were in AMA's shoes I'd be really pissed off too. At the same time, I can understand Jerks' position given AMA's aggressive tactics towards them and wanting to "stick it to them." I really don't know which side is worse here because I can put myself in both sides' shoes and be pissed off. At the same time, I know that I wouldn't be in either's position because I wouldn't let it get to that point. So I think both sides here are at "fault."

Regarding AMA double waving jerks, they have every right to unless there was a CF agreement after first war. Most kingdoms try to CF after a war because it's the nice thing to do, but it's certainly not required. I just wish they would be forthcoming about their reasons (it's easy land given the size diff) instead of putting on a charade about how it's unfair to max gain final wave in war. Every kingdom max gains final wave in war. I think if AMA had just said "we want 5k" land for CF they would have gotten it and not been in this position. Instead, they wanted to be greedy and go to war again and gain another 10-15k

Final thought: Interestingly enough, Jerks and AMA have generally had good relations towards each other in the past. I found it really odd for AMA to re-wave there and ruin their relationship further. For the Pew/AMA war, I haven't seen any intel, but from what I can guess, AMA is in big trouble. Pew probably has a lot more stock, more NW already, and has been prepared. 48 hrs isn't a great deal of time to prepare for a big war. I think even with 72 hrs, AMA would be in trouble. I would like to see Pew extend the notice to the original agreed on time.
    never knew I would agree with Godly on the forums.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

if 48 hrs was truly confirmed 3X later on and agreed by both parties, that could be considered a modification of the agreement, imho. You can't complain if people act consistent with your representations. If AMA had, during any of the 3 conversations, said, "wait! we made an error, its 72 hrs" then they could cry for the time. As it is now, I think it is not a firm position to take that a 48 hr notice is a deal break.

it might be "scummy," but its not a dealbreak. As the top has educated me over the last several ages, scummy is the way its supposed to be.

suck it up AMA.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Thread Information