Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mediation - AMA/Pewpew/Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Hunter View Post
    Omg, and that's a mediator...
    better way to right wrongs then to farm out to pewpew. This causes further issues if anything.
    My life is better then yours.

AMAs acres... They can do what they wish with them.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post
    Yes I agree. I think they are going to have issues with a handful of kingdoms if they whore next age. But likely they don't care or they would have handled situation better.

Veteran
    Cause so far we didn't have issues with kds? Half the kds in top ****played us at least 1 time, the other half just used the situations to gain :). Your "mediation" offer is based on some delusional assumption that any of the kds in top would base their cfs next age on what happens now. So far i haven't seen anyone refuse to cf. Even we cfed kds like Pewpew despite the multiple times we got ****played. As long as people gain from it, there is no such thing as ethics as it seems. The sole reason there was FPA was that:

1. Anri hates Elit for the lack of support against SWEA.
    2. RBL disliked AMA for forcing them to stay out of crown race.
    3. Pyro saw an opportunity to gain and remain likable to some extend by all parties.

No ethics or moral there. And last but not least, when a kd pushed twice into the corner does what we did 2 ages in a row, you do not come with a "mediation" plan that give us nothing.

All that is just my point of view, nothing I say is official AMA/Elit/Cello statement.
    A Mother's advice - #forfun

Quote Originally Posted by Soul_Hunter View Post
    Cause so far we didn't have issues with kds? Half the kds in top ****played us at least 1 time, the other half just used the situations to gain :). Your "mediation" offer is based on some delusional assumption that any of the kds in top would base their cfs next age on what happens now. So far i haven't seen anyone refuse to cf. Even we cfed kds like Pewpew despite the multiple times we got ****played. As long as people gain from it, there is no such thing as ethics as it seems. The sole reason there was FPA was that:

1. Anri hates Elit for the lack of support against SWEA.
    2. RBL disliked AMA for forcing them to stay out of crown race.
    3. Pyro saw an opportunity to gain and remain likable to some extend by all parties.

No ethics or moral there. And last but not least, when a kd pushed twice into the corner does what we did 2 ages in a row, you do not come with a "mediation" plan that give us nothing.

All that is just my point of view, nothing I say is official AMA/Elit/Cello statement.
    Lots of the time age prior results in gb next age.

AMA + BB did it to CR for CR/Sanctuary thing.
    Dreams was GBed because realest nap broke the age before (leadership changed but same core)

Sure there is more situations it has happened but those are the 2 I can remember that are reasonably recent. I would put 10 credits on some kind of action / nap break occurring to AMA next age as a direct result of this play. Your nap break will be the justification their gain the reason.

want to bet on my "delusional assumption"?

I do enjoy pewpew the most of the KDs in the top as far as entertainment value though so I do approve of the move to declare on them :p
    Last edited by goodz; 27-08-2014 at 22:55.

Enthusiast
    goodz

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post

Yes I agree. I think they are going to have issues with a handful of kingdoms if they whore next age. But likely they don't care or they would have handled situation better.
    No I disagree, we had an almost 2 hr deliberation of how to proceed, there was even a poll. So we don't take these actions lightly regardless if others think it was the best choice or not.

Not everyone agreed but majority rules in a democratic dictatorship!

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last GB against us. I can honeslty say that the only kingdom that did not have any personal interest or didn't gain anything was Simians. Kudos to Anri for having some morale fortitude.

A few examples are Rusty joining for Cf's so they could try to put up killers; I was sickened by a "warring" kingdom like them to hit into 2 wars of ours as the event proceeded after having alterior motives to join the FPA. Another example is Pyro putting key acres on cows/killers from TM'ing us, I could care less about them leaving or staying in the FPA (another topic) but they definately gained.

There is definately 2 standards in the game one for AMA and one for others but it's not set by ourselves like everyone loves to say, it is set by the community who seem fit to persecute us every time we do something. Yet when kingdoms like Pew2 who give us a notice that was too early (another discussion about how early whether it be 2 hrs or 12 hrs no hits or given in an ongoing hostile)--- a clear dealbreak regardless of the severity! All is forgiven and it was our fault even though Elit showed logs of Pet and himself agreeing on 85% size 72 hrs.

Like Elit said when Pet is in the kingdom everyone else is a peon and it don't matter what they think the deal is, his word outweighs Binars and every other peon in their kingdom.

So it is what it is and regardless of the outcome I hope kingdoms start to recognize that NO dealbreak is acceptable even if it is "not a severe dealbreak" like Pew2's.
    Last edited by Crazy Pete; 27-08-2014 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Pete View Post
    Not everyone agreed but majority rules in a democratic dictatorship!

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last GB against us. I can honeslty say that the only kingdom that did not have any personal interest or didn't gain anything was Simians. Kudos to Anri for having some morale fortitude.

Do you remember who didnt join in on that GB?
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

Veteran
    I don't recall AMA and BB doing gbs on CR/Havoc. We did a massive alliance plan to go after them which has nothing to do with gbs, dealbreaks from us or anything. As for Dreams situation, it has nothing to do with the current one. No Absalom, no Dreams, no Realest. Different kds, different people. In fact the only kd that goes directly grudgy age to age is us. Even Pewpew waits for 2-3 ages before going on a grudge crusade. So your assumption that by filling your offer that will stop any top kd from doing ****play to us, or in case we do not accept, it will unleash some gb on AMA next age is invalid to me. And also the assumption that you make a unique offer that hasn't crossed the minds of our leadership (like hey, we go nuts and then we realized maybe we can give out acres and next age goal cause people might get angry?!) is also invalid for me. No offense, but I don't see any reasoning in that offer that might make us rethink what we've decided.
    A Mother's advice - #forfun

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    Hmm AMA didn't agree to mediate. So essentially I left my ultimatum decision with 0 input from either side on what they would like
    Surprise surprise they didn't accept a known scumbag as a mediator, you're anything but unbiased in the matter so you're obviously a ridiculous choice for a mediator.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Ouch
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Enthusiast
    A solution better than mediation is:

~ 75 peeps agreeing that AMA was wrong and : AMA +3 agreeing Pew was wrong

Discussion over....

Quote Originally Posted by Loons View Post
    A solution better than mediation is:

~ 75 peeps agreeing that AMA was wrong and : AMA +3 agreeing Pew was wrong

Discussion over....
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Surprise surprise they didn't accept a known scumbag as a mediator, you're anything but unbiased in the matter so you're obviously a ridiculous choice for a mediator.
    why so mad? I don't even know you.

Also I'm a known sweet heart imo. Presuming your in AMA your own opinion is always right, therefore I am right.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    why so mad? I don't even know you.

Also I'm a known sweet heart imo. Presuming your in AMA your own opinion is always right, therefore I am right.
    I'm not particularly angry, I just think that a mediator needs to unbiased and neutral, you are very obviously neither of those things given your obvious history with AMA.
    So you're a horrible choice of mediator by any rational standards.
    Thinking that your opinion is right sorta goes with having an opinion on just about anything.
    I've said before that I'm not in AMA, I don't think my ingame activity is high enough plus if I joined them(or any other top kingdom for that matter) I'd actually have to deal with all this top politics rather than just having an opinion on them and laughing at all the silliness that goes on most of the time.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I'm not particularly angry, I just think that a mediator needs to unbiased and neutral, you are very obviously neither of those things given your obvious history with AMA.
    So you're a horrible choice of mediator by any rational standards.
    Thinking that your opinion is right sorta goes with having an opinion on just about anything.
    I've said before that I'm not in AMA, I don't think my ingame activity is high enough plus if I joined them(or any other top kingdom for that matter) I'd actually have to deal with all this top politics rather than just having an opinion on them and laughing at all the silliness that goes on most of the time.
    I have warred AMA 1x and farmed 50%+ of their land. This is the only hit/hits I have exchanged with AMA in their existence- I have no issues with them. I do kind of enjoy pewpews banners though so I would say I slightly favour them. I also really have no real issues with elit/cello. I think Elit it was one of the best players on the server and for certain a top 5 leader in the last 15 ages. I do think from talking to him he can be narrow minded about events and stubborn but this is a common trait in utopia and is probably the only flaw in his game. (and picking undead mystics this age but meh!)

Cello is friends with peppie who taught me a lot about utopia and was a nice guy with a kind of dark yet enjoyable sense of humor (although imo he was a bit hard on hobbits). Cello also dated stormish for awhile who I enjoyed chatting with for many ages, by all accounts he is a nice guy.

My initial mediation offer was for jerks to give AMA 3k non bank acres for 2 week cf or longer if ama preferred longer. That seemed reasonable considering it was more then the max gain wave.

My next offer was after they deal broke pyro and was essentially for them to lose several thousand acres to pyro. Much less damaging then what they choose instead. I still feel everything suggested was fair. It is very hard to mediate once you nap break a KD in #1 and ruin their age. You are in fairly bad position unless you can restore their #1 land rank / cow acres.

*snirpsner is an idiot. But tbh that's good I'd rather play against idiots. Easier to beat.
    Last edited by goodz; 28-08-2014 at 20:53.

Thread Information