Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNDAERY vs Qo_A

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I still remember...

Regular
    that was cool war, Palem

Undaery won!! Congrats!! I can only imagine getting your econ destroyed day 1 of war by a bunch of faeries D:

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Undaery won!! Congrats!! I can only imagine getting your econ destroyed day 1 of war by a bunch of faeries D:
    we are a bit too inactive to dominate econ on day 1 final count was something like 50k peasants vs 160k peasants.. i dont know who qo_a is or if that is name they always use - they are a very active crew, only a little bit disorganized.. we were sitting with %60 guilds and %10-15 schools on our faeries who were VERY far from being ub & all our undeads in ****ty pump due to their recent growth.. they went with chaining our faeries at first, which was a very big mistake, and gave our remaining faeries enough time to increase wages & bring in forts & make ns runs to become ub between 24-48 hour mark.. catching us pants down was a perfect chance to max gain on our faeries & kill as much troops as possible with orc gains to remove any ub hopes all together, which wouldnt work if we were in full war builds.. we couldnt participate in dragon fight meanwhile, there was no gc or military to spare for that while rebuilding & retraining - but when we settled our ubs, it turned into one-way sapphire on them quickly and it was all about farming after that point..

Needs to get out more
    I'm familiar with Quilt of Awesome but never warred them. They tend to occupy the nw area with kingdoms like Confessions of Lotus in the sub top 30 power charts consistently. You'll often find them in the same area with Shinra and Sanitarium.
    We experienced some flack from QofA a few ages ago in Plaidovia. These type of kingdoms are more organized so kingdoms like Plaidovia tend to be repelled at this juncture of the charts. It was fun and would've been nice to have made it to war with QofA, just had other wars scheduled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

First time you've spoken kindly of our KD Strat0 (granted it may only be the second time ever speaking of us at all), thx for that and for recognizing and remembering our name.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm familiar with Quilt of Awesome but never warred them. They tend to occupy the nw area with kingdoms like Confessions of Lotus in the sub top 30 power charts consistently. You'll often find them in the same area with Shinra and Sanitarium.
    We experienced some flack from QofA a few ages ago in Plaidovia. These type of kingdoms are more organized so kingdoms like Plaidovia tend to be repelled at this juncture of the charts. It was fun and would've been nice to have made it to war with QofA, just had other wars scheduled.
    I don't think I understand what you mean about "tend to be repelled at this juncture of the charts." As in, Palidovia like kingdoms don't do as well in the sub top 30?

Needs to get out more
    You'll get in there at times. When I was with Plaidovia we reached 17th or 18th. We warred Shinra and with some additional waving by near nw kingdoms were forced out of that tier.

To clarify, there's a higher level of coordination in the consistent top 30. That is, the kingdoms that are there most ages. War Seekers creeped up, but Sanitarium, QofA, Shinra, Stoners, Confessions of Lotus, Rusty....I'm not saying don't war Rusty, but on a number of occasions last age they chained provinces to over 1000 nw/a. That'll put a lump in your throat, lol. Most of these kingdoms have a formal kingdom strat, dissect enemy strengths/weaknesses, practice tight waves, and have good quality communication.
    - Plaidovia and kingdoms in that tier are generally loose in kingdom strat: they might dictate a limit on number of t/ms, they have wave times, intel is simple and enemies are essentially eyeballed for prep. Communication is kingdom chat. -

Then there are war kingdoms that can really ring your neck about anywhere in the charts if you're not accustomed to seeing these types. Noobies Don't Bite, FREE, War Monkeys. I was with The Wishmasters last age and my queen seemed a bit upset because I didn't explain how dangerous NDB can be in war. I just figured they had seen them before since The Wishmasters have been around for 10 years. NDB are an interesting bunch. They proved avian viability last age which I witnessed firsthand. The best part is the banner; tell me you didn't gently bite your finger.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfinger View Post
    First time you've spoken kindly of our KD Strat0 (granted it may only be the second time ever speaking of us at all), thx for that and for recognizing and remembering our name.
    I'm glad you guys are here. You make the game better. Tangling with FS says it all.
    ________
    Weed bowls

You'll get in there at times. When I was with Plaidovia we reached 17th or 18th. We warred Shinra and with some additional waving by near nw kingdoms were forced out of that tier.

To clarify, there's a higher level of coordination in the consistent top 30. That is, the kingdoms that are there most ages. War Seekers creeped up, but Sanitarium, QofA, Shinra, Stoners, Confessions of Lotus, Rusty....I'm not saying don't war Rusty, but on a number of occasions last age they chained provinces to over 1000 nw/a. That'll put a lump in your throat, lol. Most of these kingdoms have a formal kingdom strat, dissect enemy strengths/weaknesses, practice tight waves, and have good quality communication.
    - Plaidovia and kingdoms in that tier are generally loose in kingdom strat: they might dictate a limit on number of t/ms, they have wave times, intel is simple and enemies are essentially eyeballed for prep. Communication is kingdom chat. -

Then there are war kingdoms that can really ring your neck about anywhere in the charts if you're not accustomed to seeing these types. Noobies Don't Bite, FREE, War Monkeys. I was with The Wishmasters last age and my queen seemed a bit upset because I didn't explain how dangerous NDB can be in war. I just figured they had seen them before since The Wishmasters have been around for 10 years. NDB are an interesting bunch. They proved avian viability last age which I witnessed firsthand. The best part is the banner; tell me you didn't gently bite your finger.
    1000NWPA?! That...is...real?! Jeez...I think we're more along the Plaidovia tier? Probably even lower than that. Since we don't dictate a limit on tms and don't really have wave times...lol

So my question is...what is the most devastating strategy you've experienced? Either for or against your KD.

I think the worst chain related Nwpa rise I ever suffered was right oop in hrs when we warred jerks the age they crowned and they got me to just over 500 nwpa. Went from 1k acres to like 150 acres or so
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Needs to get out more
    I'll start with 2 quotes. Messages I received recently:

Hey so we tried the NW gap strat but it didn't work out for us last age..ended up losing that war. We finished the age 5/6. We are trying the strat again. Figured you would be interested..we are x:xx and we are warring x:x. The war just started, and we finished our first wave. They started the war 300k NW bigger than us but the NW gap is smaller now. We are hoping to establish a nw zone from 150-200k NW.

And then:

Re: hi
    bahahahahaha its pretty funny. We've got the nw zone from 140k-230k NW and we transformed our entire KD into one giant meat grinder
    ---------------------------------
    ~ This is something I was happy to see used to full effect in the game. I don't lead so all my silly strategies are a microcosm that I use as a single province. ~
    My traveling to distressed kingdoms doesn't lend itself to me being in on the winning side of devastating strategies often, but on an age of relative stability here goes.
    When I was with the apparently merged/defunct Arktic Fury we ran into a kingdom that was largely dwarf mystic core. They had a couple of undead also.
    I was my old reliable undead cleric with hospitals and we were a mix of orc and undead core. We essentially suffered what QofA did in their war with FS with one exception.
    We were economically frozen without being chained. They just shelled us as we stood. What really got my attention in this war was the gathering and use of intel this kingdom used. They knew our every move. I've detailed this war before because it was a clinic in how to use intel to be a better kingdom. This is also the war that really taught me the value of having your best players in key roles. Their monarch was generous enough to share the trusted value of his 2 halfers. You see, he used his halfers for intel first and then they would use conservative sabotage to augment action. They were an excellent read and react kingdom floating around mid-tier.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 03-09-2014 at 06:12.
    ________
    Weed bowls

With a full set up and little more precision, QoA will start becoming a much bigger competitor (IMO). They hit a lot harder and longer than I thought. Good war QoA.
    FreeakStyle

I'll start with 2 quotes. Messages I received recently:

Hey so we tried the NW gap strat but it didn't work out for us last age..ended up losing that war. We finished the age 5/6. We are trying the strat again. Figured you would be interested..we are x:xx and we are warring x:x. The war just started, and we finished our first wave. They started the war 300k NW bigger than us but the NW gap is smaller now. We are hoping to establish a nw zone from 150-200k NW.

And then:

Re: hi
    bahahahahaha its pretty funny. We've got the nw zone from 140k-230k NW and we transformed our entire KD into one giant meat grinder
    ~ This is something I was happy to see used to full effect in the game. I don't lead so all my silly strategies are a microcosm that I use as a single province. ~
    My traveling to distressed kingdoms doesn't lend itself to me being in on the winning side of devastating strategies often, but on an age of relative stability here goes.
    When I was with the apparently merged/defunct Arktic Fury we ran into a kingdom that was largely dwarf mystic core. They had a couple of undead also.
    I was my old reliable undead cleric with hospitals and we were a mix of orc and undead core. We essentially suffered what QofA did in their war with FS with one exception.
    We were economically frozen without being chained. They just shelled us as we stood. What really got my attention in this war was the gathering and use of intel this kingdom used. They knew our every move. I've detailed this war before because it was a clinic in how to use intel to be a better kingdom. This is also the war that really taught me the value of having your best players in key roles. Their monarch was generous enough to share the trusted value of his 2 halfers. You see, he used his halfers for intel first and then they would use conservative sabotage to augment action. They were an excellent read and react kingdom floating around mid-tier.
    hmmm - interesting...I guess I'm not visionary enough to really see it - but experiences give me the memory/lessons to improve. Guess I'll just have to find one of these wars myself
    I will say, though - I've learned SO much from our own KD strategies. We end up freezing economy pretty quickly, too -- still some work to do it better (part of that work includes intel)...which would be nice if all of us used upoopu! ^_^

Sorry I couldn't keep up with updates, I was literally in the middle of the woods camping this weekend, barely managing just to hit.

Thanks for the kind words. It was my favorite loss, if that makes any sense.

Thread Information