Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phobias v Spartans!

Needs to get out more
    Congratulations Ancient Spartans! It was a pleasure warring you again. You presented the daunting test our kingdom needed and we failed.

I've been listening to 'The Crying Game' ever since the final march of Spartan of Pom Pom. Not because of the hits but because goodz got busy at work and didn't wd immediately.

To understand my pain you may walk in my shoes for a moment. Out of war I mind my own business and try to leave others alone as practically as possible. Most acres I make in game are in war. As you know I try to help distressed kingdoms and most are bad in war. Beyond the aid packages, dragon paying and slaying, if I can come out of war with positive acres it satisfies my personal challenge.

Goodz apologized and I truly understand,... intellectually. But it was heartbreaking. So Ancient Spartans, the war really did mean a lot to me and I fought with all my fury. I didn't arrange for my army to come in on the 20th, it just worked out that way. I had to muster everything to break your pumped semi-chained so I had to gather my relay taps on the final march.

Good luck and I wish you the best till eoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    Ah I know now who you were. And yeah no idea why the withdrawing was delayed by an hour. Hope you guys do well next age! Your attackers did pretty well this war, it was your TMs that had no clue what they were doing. I was sitting a dwarf on 1.1 tpa and 22-23K peasants near the end of the war and had 0 riots on me (even though you had 4 halfers). I did get a lot of burned land though that I could rebuild for free, and a lot of prop for 3-4 elites.

Think you guys chose a wise moment to withdraw. You had a lot of empty acres that were ready for harvesting, but I was waiting for it until the end as I didn't want us to grow too much.

You played well, good game to you, hope to see you guys again next age!

Thumbs up

2 of our biggest managed to get chained army home(2nd and 3rd biggest prov going in, both sat in war for several horus with army home). Some inactiveness appeared to creep in to key provinces. Also suffered a deletion of our 4th biggest attacker about 24h into war, but I am quite content we were losing regardless of that.

It is safe to say our undeads failed to run enough wpa. Their inability to follow orders during pump time likely resulted in this. That is okay best way to learn is to make mistake.

We were quite a bit less pumped and had about 5m less gc at declare.

On our end I think most mistakes were made pre war, aka having less science/activity/troops. We also have a large number of undeads which struggle against dwarfs/humans as it is an inferior race this age. We also have few sages and they have many, easily the best persona this age.

Spartans made some errors, they sent a gold dragon ontop of a full strength ruby which we then killed. Not sure if intentional or on purpose but I don't think it helped them any. They also did some kind of semi wave into fortified using + attack time, fortunately I was going to bed then and we just sat until morning retalling 1:1. Still they lost some ground as a result of this.

To their credit their 2 mystics had well built provinces, and some of their larger provinces were pretty good, although none was near as great as mine. But lets be serious I'm awesome
    Still no worries, we will simply have to improve and farm them next time we war them :P. If anyone would like to join phobias? Honestly I think Chandler picked that name/theme its terrible. I had just joined and refused to follow it and almost got killed off at start as I was faking being a nub so that they wouldn't nag me to change name until too late.
    Last edited by goodz; 11-09-2014 at 21:49.
    My life is better then yours.

Post Demon
    Yeah we made some huge errors. I gave exact orders pre-war on who to hit in hostile, and told them to wait until 10th because that was when we agreed on hostilities. But somehow my guys waved while I was asleep and did it into fortified, and with that they also hit the wrong targets (yes Goodz, you were to be hit by Spartan of Pledias but he hit the wrong guy --> and in fort). Then when I declared that night 12 hours after the wave the same guys told me they had hit with + hours to compensate for -fort gains.

My war-plan was to bloat all your UDs, put them on next to 0 peasants, add a gold dragon and then NS-spam them with anyone who had even a few thieves. 3 of your UDs ran turtle strats so we just left them alone on peasant control. At the same time I knew that because we only had 4 real TMs we were never going to control your dwarves at the top, so I wanted those dwarves out first. You were a lost cause because you weren't hit in hostile and your NW was pulling away already. So I kept orders to only focus hits on those 320-400K dwarves.

When war started we sent a ruby. I gave clear chain targets and posted exact orders before leaving for 150 minutes to play a football match. In these 150 minutes everyone hit off-target, starting a half-ass chain on an undertrained Orc instead of contueing hits on their overpopped dwarf. When I got home I was so confused about what was happening and why everyone for no apparent reason went off-target that I accidently sent the dragon (I thought I saw a NW-drop on your provs). After that we got things back on track, chained Diana and Xantho. Then people again went off-target when I was asleep.

Bottom line: I should not ever sleep during war :P

Post Demon
    Btw, I'm still wondering what kind of wpa you were running? I had 22 mod with MF on, and I barely got through even with FBs. Same goes for Kampungphobia, barely made a dent on him. In the end when I saw we had won anyways I just LLed for honor and land

Needs to get out more
    Hey, if you can post a final war update it'd be appreciated. We have the uniques count on ours, but I wanted to see total attacks also. Thank you in advance.

Despite the mistakes you guys jammed up the middle, making chains hurt and repelling guys like me from breaking through. Bravo for you Burkharistan! For the quality of orders that were followed I'd imagine a little more discipline and you guys would've pounded us senseless.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    oh the guy looks kinda hot!
    Yeah, right?! He's a cutie!

Congrats Spartans!! Sounds like it was a fun war!!

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by smercjd View Post
    Congrats Spartans!! Sounds like it was a fun war!!
    I'm inviting you to my war forum thread: Stalker Music - I'm thinking about making the next Virtual Kingdom theme titles to stalker anthems. So far I can think of a Blondie song, Queebsryche cover song, Cock Robin song, The Police but I need a lot more. Thx
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Fiend
    gj spartan

and yes u cannot sleep during war ppl dont follow ur war plan!
    and if war plan keeps getting varied then plans fail

Howlingdeath
    Deoslation of mythos

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    Btw, I'm still wondering what kind of wpa you were running? I had 22 mod with MF on, and I barely got through even with FBs. Same goes for Kampungphobia, barely made a dent on him. In the end when I saw we had won anyways I just LLed for honor and land
    I had 3 raw, 130% science, so 9 mod with magic shield. But I was about 2x your NW which makes it hard. Kampung phobia had a + sign by end of war (2nd biggest at start) was a big issue we failed to control top, him and I were 2 most important provinces...
    My life is better then yours.

Post Demon
    You weren't 2x my NW lol. I was 320K you were 450K most of the war. but yeah you were a tad bigger

Regular
    Can we get this changed? Spartans have already moved on and are in another war! Doing what we do best!!

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by justhoop View Post
    Can we get this changed? Spartans have already moved on and are in another war! Doing what we do best!!
    Bishop is a busy guy. Just treat it like roadkill; roll up your window while you drive by and eventually it'll either decompose or someone will pick it up.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by justhoop View Post
    Old articles get replaced with new ones, make one for your current conflict if you wish.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information