Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyro vs BB

Forum Fanatic

The Jerks.

Forum Addict
    this **** is so boring, srsly -- can you please both just agree on a war date or smt cos this is becoming ridiculous ...

If you people are bored you can just not follow the conflict or check back in 2 days orso! :P

Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    this **** is so boring, srsly -- can you please both just agree on a war date or smt cos this is becoming ridiculous ...
    It seems BB doesn't want to war. Cutest thing is that it's being called a hostile and such, but the meter hasn't even gone above 4 points.
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    If you people are bored you can just not follow the conflict or check back in 2 days orso! :P
    Whats gonna be different in two days!? :P Rather than just giving ops and FG'ing / robbing gc you instead it has to go to wages :P

Quote Originally Posted by faegan View Post
    It seems BB doesn't want to war. Cutest thing is that it's being called a hostile and such, but the meter hasn't even gone above 4 points.
    We both know what will happen upon giving a button right now Thats why neither has done it sofar.

Whats gonna be different in two days!? :P Rather than just giving ops and FG'ing / robbing gc you instead it has to go to wages :P
    You know better than that ;p

Needs to get out more
    I'm happy with this pace. It's like watching strategy in slow motion. I can see how this methodical progression may expose enemy weaknesses that'd be ignored otherwise.

~ Brubaker slow clap ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    We both know what will happen upon giving a button right now Thats why neither has done it sofar.
    I don't understand why BB isn't in more of a hurry to farm out Pyro!

Post Fiend
    This is going slower than slow mo

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I'm happy with this pace. It's like watching strategy in slow motion. I can see how this methodical progression may expose enemy weaknesses that'd be ignored otherwise.

~ Brubaker slow clap ~
    Also, this way I can slack and be lazy before some action could happen.
    PEW PEW PEW!

I honestly don't know what will happen. Or wait, maybe after thinking hard for another 5 minutes, I think I do.

I think what's gonna happen is if you give a button, we have a war.

If I give a button, I farmout. Now which sounds more reasonable and logical to proceed?

At what point should this be no longer considered hostile?

Furthermore: I always thought between a hostile end and a notice/wave there is a gentlemen's period of ~12 hours. I'm aware this wasn't honored always in the past but it still feels wrong to make a move within that time frame. I remember vaguely one situation where we gave a notice to an Absalom kingdom and it turned into a bit of a hassle so we ended up postponing the notice by 12 hours.
    It's been over 36 hours of non-hits. That's 3 times the benchmark you claim that voids a hostile, I quote you. So can I issue my own notice to another kd and prepare for them now since the most aggressive thing BB is interested to do to us for the last 36 hours was to try and use their superior TPA and thievery sci and catch some of my dwarves starving. What is this indefinite dibs thing? Different situation and new rule this time round?

I cant recall the last time the aggressive KD served the notice, and yet after 114 hours of notice expiry not having given 1 second of UF to the defending KD, much less a button. And I'm not even in fort anymore. I've been out and waiting to play for almost 60 hours now.

You're wasting 48 other people's time and spoiling their gameplay experience for at least 25 of them, if not more. Pure joke, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkie89 View Post
    Trust me Godly, both BB and Pyro ain't happy with the situation.
    Last edited by 13nesta13; 13-09-2014 at 05:10.
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

Veteran
    How wars go in top?

the modern way - you stock gold for 3 weeks, get pumped to no peasants, give notice, sit in fort 2 days after notice expires, sit further and pay the army to for nothing ... lose couple mil gold per tick on all kd, wait for all gold to go away ... after 2 weeks war starts and lasts 48 hours, the winner is 20% bigger, the loser is 10% smaller, both kds have 15k land in explore pool. What both kds lost? both lost land, land they could have taken elsewhere.

the old school way, notice someone, in 48 hours you wave the **** out of them, they declare, you war for 48 hours and gain 20% land, the enemy loses 10% land, Both kds have 10k explore pool to play with.

Wich one is the better? Guess the old school one, even the loser gains

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by coss View Post
    How wars go in top?

the modern way - you stock gold for 3 weeks, get pumped to no peasants, give notice, sit in fort 2 days after notice expires, sit further and pay the army to for nothing ... lose couple mil gold per tick on all kd, wait for all gold to go away ... after 2 weeks war starts and lasts 48 hours, the winner is 20% bigger, the loser is 10% smaller, both kds have 15k land in explore pool. What both kds lost? both lost land, land they could have taken elsewhere.

the old school way, notice someone, in 48 hours you wave the **** out of them, they declare, you war for 48 hours and gain 20% land, the enemy loses 10% land, Both kds have 10k explore pool to play with.

Wich one is the better? Guess the old school one, even the loser gains
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 13nesta13 View Post
    I honestly don't know what will happen. Or wait, maybe after thinking hard for another 5 minutes, I think I do.

I think what's gonna happen is if you give a button, we have a war.

If I give a button, I farmout. Now which sounds more reasonable and logical to proceed?

At what point should this be no longer considered hostile?

It's been over 36 hours of non-hits. That's 3 times the benchmark you claim that voids a hostile, I quote you. So can I issue my own notice to another kd and prepare for them now since the most aggressive thing BB is interested to do to us for the last 36 hours was to try and use their superior TPA and thievery sci and catch some of my dwarves starving. What is this indefinite dibs thing? Different situation and new rule this time round?

I cant recall the last time the aggressive KD served the notice, and yet after 114 hours of notice expiry not having given 1 second of UF to the defending KD, much less a button. And I'm not even in fort anymore. I've been out and waiting to play for almost 60 hours now.

You're wasting 48 other people's time and spoiling their gameplay experience for at least 25 of them, if not more. Pure joke, if you ask me.

I disagree that because you 'noticed' you have to give meter points. The 'old' idea is that if you notice it's because you're gonna fight, eg not 'just' to force the other KD to train up while you then do something else (eg stalling). That isn't what is happening here. If BB were allied to another kingdom that was benefiting from this stare contest, then you might have a valid point. To the contrary -- BB aren't benefiting from the fight being dragged out.

While I appreciate that you 'want' relations I think everyone involved can accept that this is an active hostile with some staring involved due to strategical reasons. It is a shame that mechanics and the two kingdoms' setup involved lead to this strategy but sadly that's where you are. Either you play the full staring contest till one side is out of GC or you try and make an agreement to both give UF or something. Short of that -- continue this epic, but long, fight.

You cannot 'force' BB to not play their best -- especially when they aren't being dirty about anything nor abusing some obscure mechanism. They're playing the game much like any one else would -- maybe a bit better even because they have the patience needed.
    Last edited by munk; 13-09-2014 at 09:10.

I disagree that because you 'noticed' you have to give meter points. The 'old' idea is that if you notice it's because you're gonna fight, eg not 'just' to force the other KD to train up while you then do something else (eg stalling). That isn't what is happening here. If BB were allied to another kingdom that was benefiting from this stare contest, then you might have a valid point. To the contrary -- BB aren't benefiting from the fight being dragged out.

While I appreciate that you 'want' relations I think everyone involved can accept that this is an active hostile with some staring involved due to strategical reasons. It is a shame that mechanics and the two kingdoms' setup involved lead to this strategy but sadly that's where you are. Either you play the full staring contest till one side is out of GC or you try and make an agreement to both give UF or something. Short of that -- continue this epic, but long, fight.

You cannot 'force' BB to not play their best -- especially when they aren't being dirty about anything nor abusing some obscure mechanism. They're playing the game much like any one else would -- maybe a bit better even because they have the patience needed.
    I'm not forcing BB to not play their best. Please don't get me wrong. I want them to play their best, within the reasonable boundaries set up by the etiquette code of the top KDs. It seems unreasonable to claim dibs on us indefinitely right?

You didn't answer my question. I asked at what point does this not constitute an active hostile then? Another 24 hours of staring? or 48, or 100?

You said this was an active hostile with some staring involved. I was in agreement with this statement for the last 110 hours up till now. At a certain point this has to be too much, no?
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

Thread Information