Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyro vs BB

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 13nesta13 View Post
    I'm not forcing BB to not play their best. Please don't get me wrong. I want them to play their best, within the reasonable boundaries set up by the etiquette code of the top KDs. It seems unreasonable to claim dibs on us indefinitely right?

You didn't answer my question. I asked at what point does this not constitute an active hostile then? Another 24 hours of staring? or 48, or 100?

You said this was an active hostile with some staring involved. I was in agreement with this statement for the last 110 hours up till now. At a certain point this has to be too much, no?
    lemme guess, your gc stocks will deplete before them & that point is not far after that 110 hours

Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    lemme guess, your gc stocks will deplete before them & that point is not far after that 110 hours
    You, like munk, are not answering my question either. I asked how long should this non-exchange of hits equate to a non-hostile situation.

From your reply, I seem to understand it can be deemed hostile for as long as one party likes to call it? Is your logic being, say my gc stock will deplete in X hours time, then BB reserves the right to take X hours as a benchmark to how long this staring contest should be? Isn't this calling "dibs" then?

Simple List - gc - Kingdom: x:x [ 25 of 25 provs have data ] - Descending - Total: 280.62m ( 11.225m Avg )
    Simple List - gc - Kingdom: x:x [ 25 of 25 provs have data ] - Descending - Total: 308.32m ( 12.333m Avg )

Both sides actually have similar gc and their stock is probably less current(ie lower than what's stated above) since they're on aggressive and we have to refresh full SOT run to get an updated one. Sure, there are some strategic placement issues of the gc stock, but that hardly seems reason enough to wait out another 100 hours. For example, their 5 banks are more evenly spread with gc, whereas we are more gc heavy on 2 banks and lighter on 2.

Last edited by Palem; 15-09-2014 at 12:39.
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

I guess if you notice another kd, you will run the gauntlet of being in two hostiles?

I dunno, it does suck waiting though I imagine
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    I guess if you notice another kd, you will run the gauntlet of being in two hostiles?

I dunno, it does suck waiting though I imagine
    I was posting a hypothetical situation. I'm still here and fighting/waiting. I quoted what BB thinks is and isn't a hostile, and at what point should it cease to count as a hostile.

What about someone sees news now then and notice me? Is it any different? If someone snatches my news now, they'll see previous hits were on 1st May ie, 40 hours ago. 2 hits and nothing else. If they take it in another 8 hours time (assuming nothing changes in this 8 hours), then they see a clean slate of paper with only aid shipments exchanged. Can they send me a notice then?

Forum Addict
    I'd say the hostile lasts as long as you guys haven't CF'ed. "topkds" can't make black on white rules and agreements what constitutes active hostiles or not -- it's always going to get abused then -- so rather ask yourself -- does this seem like a hostile and if your gut tells you yes, then it probably is. If this lasts 100hrs more without any form of diplo agreement and no other kds hitting in -- then yes, I'd still call it a hostile.

What's more interesting to discuss is how to try and make "deals" in the future where kingdoms somehow agree to give eachother relations somehow -- I'd prefer a mechanics change, but it should would help. I remember some deals that stated that neither kingdom could be fort and stuff. Shrug -- Let's just hope Bishop fixes relations

I honestly don't know what will happen. Or wait, maybe after thinking hard for another 5 minutes, I think I do.

I think what's gonna happen is if you give a button, we have a war.

If I give a button, I farmout. Now which sounds more reasonable and logical to proceed?

At what point should this be no longer considered hostile?

It's been over 36 hours of non-hits. That's 3 times the benchmark you claim that voids a hostile, I quote you. So can I issue my own notice to another kd and prepare for them now since the most aggressive thing BB is interested to do to us for the last 36 hours was to try and use their superior TPA and thievery sci and catch some of my dwarves starving. What is this indefinite dibs thing? Different situation and new rule this time round?

I cant recall the last time the aggressive KD served the notice, and yet after 114 hours of notice expiry not having given 1 second of UF to the defending KD, much less a button. And I'm not even in fort anymore. I've been out and waiting to play for almost 60 hours now.

You're wasting 48 other people's time and spoiling their gameplay experience for at least 25 of them, if not more. Pure joke, if you ask me.
    I wonder if you have even thought about why stuff is being delayed? The current bank sizes make it tricky to make a move for either side. Maybe I'm silly but I think the playing field is too even to just up and wave, give you relations and then sit in 48-72 hour period where you have relations on us to FG our stock.
    For that same reason you are not giving us relations. So how does that make us bad and evil?!

That you catch your provinces starving... is a matter of discipline. I'll explain later why I think that.

The whole "you noticed so you have to give a button" is bull****. It was you or us, we both drafted for it. Had we fought 6 days earlier, I'd have probably just waved you considering you where not prepared, but AMA saved you with that dealbreak. Right now, as I said, the playing field is too even and it's too risky to just up and wave.

If you want to set a declare date, can probably arrange something. But I'm not just gonna give you relations just because you're (hypothetically) saying you could notice someone else. FYI, if you were to do that, it'd be you who has to deal with the consequences and not me (whichever the consequences would be).

And as munk points out, we're not delaying you for our allies or whatever so the whole "pfff stagnating for 48h is bs" is kind of invalid.

I quoted what BB thinks is and isn't a hostile, and at what point should it cease to count as a hostile.
    A quote taken out of context...
    That was where 2 kingdoms where hostile, KD A one stops hitting and a 3rd kingdom hits KD B.
    Totally irrelevant since you nor us were in an active hostile at the time of notice. Both had several weeks to prepare.

Azns want it their way but Prot isn't burger king.

Top doesn't get to play by the bottom's rules, your hostiles are hostile till they are no longer hostile.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    A quote taken out of context...
    That was where 2 kingdoms where hostile, KD A one stops hitting and a 3rd kingdom hits KD B.
    Totally irrelevant since you nor us were in an active hostile at the time of notice. Both had several weeks to prepare.
    Like I clarified in the next post shortly, the context is not identical, but similar.

My point simply being, are we hostile now? In my opinion, we simply have a CF and a notice that has expired.

I have CFs with other top 10 with CF expired, but notice yet to be served. (similar situation as when you voiced your opinion on Pew looking upon AMA Jerks conflict). So I notice them and have to bear all consequences in your opinion. Then can they notice me? Once they notice me, what's your opinion?

So much talk. So much talk about nothing. War already dang it. Stop being whimps and smack the crap out of each other.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

There needs to be instant declare. There isn't 1 argument of worth against it.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Sir Postalot
    This is basically what happens when you reduce the offensive power of all the elites, increase their defensive power and make forts more powerful.

I've spent about 30 hours with a massive spreadsheet trying to come up with a way to open possibly if we want, I mean that's why we're in aggressive, to try and open

1) as soon as I figure stuff out or as soon as bishop changes elites
    2) or from all being 4 and 3 defensive points, whichever comes sooner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    This is basically what happens when you reduce the offensive power of all the elites, increase their defensive power and make forts more powerful.

I've spent about 30 hours with a massive spreadsheet trying to come up with a way to open possibly if we want, I mean that's why we're in aggressive, to try and open

1) as soon as I figure stuff out or as soon as bishop changes elites
    2) or from all being 4 and 3 defensive points, whichever comes sooner
    I can confirm. I saw the spreadsheet of death and my mind almost blew up.

No jokes.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Giving hits sucks this age sure. Thought the earlier hits were enough to open it out. :/ I presume someone will have to when stocks are totally gone or there gonna be a dramabomb.

Forum Fanatic
    Godly : if the problem is that having the button is overpowered, then how does insta-declare address it?
    (Asking this in the other thread too)

The Jerks.

Thread Information