Thread: Looking for input on super thief build

Regular

Question Looking for input on super thief build

Halfling Rogue super thief. What is a good war building setup? OOW building setup? What TPA / WPA should I aim for early on? Just rerolled and I know I'm late to the round but still want to try. Any other advice will be interesting to read. Thanks.

Regular
    50+ views and no comments?

Strategy Moderator
    i'd go a/t not super theif. you dont have the science to op enemy t/m's which is what a super theif is designed to do.

If u really want to try i recommend running 1 wpa 1 tpa and learning untill u get 150% theif science. Then i'd position myself mid sized in the kd running hospitals, and 8 raw tpa and 1 -1.5 raw wpa (ask kd to MV you when u get MS). I'd use propeganda all war to try to shell out enemy hybrids and slowly grow to the point u can get unbreakable while oping enemy t/m's.

Forum Fanatic
    not much to it... td, forts, homes are primary buildings. since you start late you'll probably need to learn attack to get decent science, and you'll have a hard time getting really good wpa. playing a/t until you get good sci/honor is a good idea.

if you were starting early age you would play a kind of a/t, tho it helps immensely to find a war before other provinces can set themselves as effective attackers. get that sweet delicious early honor and the benefits of a war win bonus, and setting up for the rest of the age is so much easier. you'd probably want something like that for a late start as well, going a/t to pick up science via learn attack, staying near the bottom of the nw charts and building up, then rising to moderate-big where you can play a more standard superthief.

once you have science situated you have a few options;

- jam lots of TPA and attack t/m directly. needless to say you need to be in a kingdom that knows how to capitalize on this, and it leaves the superthief vulnerable to chains and massacres.
    - get good rTPA (4.5-5.5 depending on honor), which allows the halfling to riot anything except another superthief. this is the road most halflings take, and it is fairly effective, but it also has defensive liabilities.
    - get decent rTPA (3-4, probably 3.3-3.5 is good), which means that halflings can target weak a/t, but can't do much against dedicated thieves. this way gives the halfling more space for military and makes it easier to landgrab in war, and it's safer to leech acres/sci or massacre people with trashed defense.
    - get rTPA slightly better than ordinary attackers (2-2.5) and go nuts on military, and get good mil science. this relies on racial and personality mods, and with good crime science you're looking at a TPA modifier about 3x that of what the standard core attacker would have. falters somewhat against sages and avians as those provinces would emphasize thievery more, but it is enough to open up core attackers, and gives the most space for military. here, homes and forts are a bigger part of strategy, and having good honor bonuses is helpful to get that sweet OME bonus. probably the hardest halfling to play effectively, since it means being vulnerable to other superthieves and some strong t/m.

in all of these cases, WPA should be as high as you can get it, just like with any province. after 4raw wpa the returns start to diminish, and too much wpa too early means losing economy or military; it is better to wait until you have good science overall before really pumping wpa. however, you should try to attain better wpa than most attackers, and channeling science is still important. at the least you should look at 2raw, and preferably 3raw.
    since you are starting late, you're simply not going to get the wpa to be a really good mage, but you should definitely try to get enough so that attacker sages can't cast too easily on you, so you'd want to aim for 3r WPA most likely. you won't have this for a while though, and it is important to focus on getting science up before worrying too much about wpa.

Thread Information