Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare vs FREE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by fawk View Post
    Right. Because posting a picture of yourself flipping off people is very well mannered. Let's not cross Palems moral red line by insulting that person.

Clearly our Mod's well mannered behavior reaches beyond the scope of these forums and into the game where he decided to raze people OOW to enforce his moral standards.

We are truly blessed having such an exquisite individual moderating our forums.
    1. She's flipping me off. If that should be offensive to any one person, it would be me. I could care less.
    2. I checked, and no one, including yourself, has reported it as offensive.
    3. I get it. You don't like me. I encourage you to be more direct next time, but please be aware that I do not care.

Post Demon
    1. She's flipping me off. If that should be offensive to any one person, it would be me. I could care less.
    I'm with you here Palem. I also find emo's offensive.

Topic please.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page |
    PM DavidC for test server access

Not sure where to put this...but I suppose the closest thing would be in "Nightmare v FREE"

From Araqiel
    Palem is cause you problems

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...4#post15319104

We are 25 and significantly larger than you. I know you are xx:xx.

Do you really want Palem to be the reason you lose every war this age because I will set orders to RK your provs every time?

I don't want this to happen, I like you guys, but I will not accept this **** from Palem.
    ----------------------

To FREE
    Congratulations - you won! Not just a war...but you've single handedly won the war to remove me from Utopia.

To the respectable people in the Utopia community, including, but not limited to: Strat0, Palem, Meeni, Nightmare, Lord Sampuan, Bukharistan, Shrinky, Bishop, Nim, Faegan, Osaze, RattleHead, Nesta, and many others who's names escape me or in game and don't use forums...Thank you for the support and welcome you guys gave me. I really appreciated playing with/among you all. But it appears as though I've crossed into a territory that I'm just not comfortable with and didn't think it existed to such a degree. (Should have listened to RattleHead)...I wanted to be a part of this community, to help Utopia grow. To learn and play. To encourage others to do the same.

Though it's embarrassing and makes me sad to leave...One of the only 3 rules in my KD is to enjoy this game and have fun. This aspect of the community (people like Peppie, Araqiel, and others) is simply a black-hole of enjoyment. I think they feed off of newer players like me -- eager to learn and move on. If that's what it takes to make them feel better - then at least I did them a service.

Again, I'm sad to leave and it will be even more sad when I let my KD know...but I can't sit here and take lies, slander, insults, and the like from people who don't even know me. Maybe it's comfortable to them because it's the internet...I don't know...but I certainly wouldn't say those things to anyone in real life and am still unsure of anything I did to deserve it. The fact that others chimed in to their side about me specifically floored me. If rumors can be spread that easily when evidence is entirely accessible just makes it even more ridiculous.

So - back to "topic" - congrats FREE - you win! yet again! May you continue to win all your battles in the same way.

Veteran
    How do you expect a kingdom to respond to a direct threat of razing them in war? Palem is respectable, how?

Nice that you forget to paste the following message where I offer to send you guys a CF, revealing our location and blocking all threats before mentioned. An offer in which you rejected.
    Last edited by Araqiel; 18-10-2014 at 22:42. Reason: Being nice

Forum Fanatic
    Sorry to see you go smercjd, you and your kingdom seemed like cool people and you did pretty good for a new kingdom.

Ugh, now I'm probably gonna have to do stuff.

Needs to get out more
    Yeah, just saw that. Can't ask a guy to stay who has his mind made up. I just hope he lurks incognito somewhere in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Hmm. Smerc dude. If you aren't willing to become embroiled in this sort of general politics between warring kingdoms at least once per age, monarchy in uto is proly not for you. But sad to see you go anyway, you seemed pretty motivated and enthusiastic!

Postaholic
    Bah. These forums are always the same crap. You don't need them and that's why most of us rarely come in here. Warp into another kd or look up a warring kd that stays on the low in here and you will have much more fun.
    Last edited by neanderthal; 19-10-2014 at 03:47.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Post Fiend
    Hey smercjd, please try to get some value from the perspective of this one outside the conflict player.

I tend to stay away from forum politics as much as possible, this is the first time I've been moved to post on such a topic (in 4 years on this account alone). Even though I know you from your forum posts only, I like you. Reading your posts, I came to believe you are capable and intelligent, I respect you immensely for achieving the colossal task only few are capable of, creating a competent 25 KD out of nothing. but lately it seems you suffer from a major blind-spot when it comes to the actions of some members of your own KD.

Disclaimer: I have never played in Free, if I had interactions with them they were not significant enough to be imprinted in my memory. As for the events that unfolded, most of my information comes from these forums.

That message you quoted does not exist in a vacuum, it did not come from nothing, so ignoring the whole chain of events prior to it, and basing your whole point just around it is what I see as a mistake.

Nobody won a war over you, but you have lost. I have not seen any indication that FREE had the slightest interest in you or your KD leaving the game.
    In fact The first (and afaik only) person to bring up disbanding was Palem as a reply to peppie (post #167 in this thread).

I wish you the best of luck keeping your kd from disbanding in the next few ages.
    From my readings through the forum I understand this (please correct me if I have any of the events wrong/missing):

It was the KD Nightmare who started the trash-talking about the enemy KD where everyone could read (nothing wrong about that), FREE only followed your lead there.
    It was a player in your KD, Palem, who has decided to create a problem out of nothing and carried an argument In-Game.
    It was a player in your KD who started with actions commonly believed unethical in-game as OOW raze killing, and for no more provocation than people talking back to trash talking with trash talking over the forums.
    It seems like despite being severely aggravated FREE was extremely generous and offered for both parties to move on, however that same player, Palem, forced their hand by threats to continue to raze kill into their wars, because they hurt his ego or something...

It seems like Palem is the kind of guy who pulls a knife over a parking space argument (regardless who is right in that argument - the action of pulling a knife is analogue to the threats Palem made to raze into wars and to make Free disband - aka die) and then starts stabbing the other person (Razes actually made into FREE wars).
    Blaming the other guy FREE for hitting back (did they actually? ) in self defense is wrong on the highest level. The original attacker is obviously the in the wrong (to put it mildly).

Despite the fact that Palem razed into war free had last age, they showed extreme restraint and didn't retaliate in the like into NM war this age, despite having knowledge of your location. This clearly signals who wants to put this behind them, and who doesn't. aka the party that still threatens to continue with razes:

The only thing you've got working for you is the fact that idk where you are. If you would actually be dumb enough to reveal yourself to someone who has 100% said he's going to raze into your wars and has even proven he's not joking by razing into your war last age, then sure, by all means go ahead and do so, just don't go crying to even more of your friends when you don't want to lay in the bed you just made for yourself. --- Palem

another quote from FREE monarch, clearly indicating they have no wish to continue this conflict, that seems to have started over nothing.

what is up with you man? Because Araq trolls you a bit you create this huge spiteful stink? Your kingdom razekilled one of ours during one of our wars two ages ago. You razed us during another war end of last age. What have we done to you apart from some snarky forumposts? That werent even that bad considering general online culture?

Get over yourself.
    another quote then, from Palem:

It's at this point that I cave to my aggravation with FREE and decide it would be better to act on it, at which point I'm immediately, openly mocked by a member of your crew, who you swear up and down after 2 incredibly long and preachy posts and respecting your opponent, treat your opponents with respect because you don't want to be the jerk kd that causes grudges. Meeni tries to give some honest advice about your strategy. Then, rather than a simple "Thanks for the input", he is ridiculed and your crew again gets super defensive about your strategy.
    Seems like he gave in to his inner aggression, not aggravation.

Despite Palem taking the forum arguments in-game with threats, oow razes and RK, and then continuing this for the next age, FREE is the bigger man and offer the most generous thing possible. ie: we won't retaliate with hitting into your wars, lets just all move on:

Palem can we just call this a day and stop the drama? We should look to war each other at some point this age. You have quite an interesting set up that looks quite dangerous in regards to our strat - so it would make an interesting war.
    The reply by Palem:

If you aren't going to make any apologies and stubbornly cling to your word (words you did not live up to btw) then I have no reason to reconsider my wanting/planning to raze into your wars.

To Sum up: seems like Palem having the type of behavior common in the criminal world, where people kill and maim over "disrespect" and talking back...
    smercjd, this seems to be exactly the opposite behavior a person who wants the best for utopia would encourage. The person who is insisting on ruining the fun for an entire KD and refuses to move on is a player in your KD, not in FREE.

I understand that Palem is your friend, but forum posts make this very easy to decide. I sincerely hope you reconsider quitting the game.

Veteran
    This is still going on?
    Smercjd, gl hf. People will give you the "dont go" advice so i wont lol; if you dont like the environment then this aint worth the time.
    Last edited by Nightmare_; 19-10-2014 at 11:38.

Enthusiast
    thread would have been closed long time ago if not for palem being a poor sport and a mod... every negative thing that happens to nightmare is on palem ....

The forums are filled with poo-flingers.

It is often an unhealthy environment for mental stability when trying to focus or organize a KD as the Monarch. Likely also puts some stress on just playing.

Like many others, I don't enjoy when my KD has the 15 minutes of attention from a war vs the clearly superior forum opponent.

As monarch I always told my KD mates to not fling poo in this zoo. It's healthy advice IMO to not get caught up in these shenanigans.

@Smerg: GL:HF, as Strat0 suggested. Lurk around a bit, out of the spotlight and you might still have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfinger View Post
    As monarch I always told my KD mates to not fling poo in this zoo. It's healthy advice IMO to not get caught up in these shenanigans.
    on hindsight, this is what i shouldve done as well :|
    FREE

Thread Information