Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Simians Vs Shinra

Quote Originally Posted by ofgortens View Post
    I don't think you have to explain what hostile is to Benjamin... I think he's played long enough to not be treated like he's a noob. I believe it would be better to just separate the hostile from the war as Simians are giving war only summaries while Shinra is giving a hostile+war summary which tends to give very different perspectives vs both sharing the same timeframe for summaries.

I would imagine this is what Ben was asking. It doesn't take much to figure that out. But by the # of posts you have you might need some help understanding...
    Surely the entire idea of posting what is going on between the two kingdoms is to post the whole story, not just from when the button was pressed? I do not understand the reason you would not include hostile in the entire story, why is it that 'war only' means a better description of the battle between the two kingdoms?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingDead View Post
    Surely the entire idea of posting what is going on between the two kingdoms is to post the whole story, not just from when the button was pressed? I do not understand the reason you would not include hostile in the entire story, why is it that 'war only' means a better description of the battle between the two kingdoms?
    Did I ever said it does? Read what I wrote again.

I just stated that having both sides sharing the same time frame gives a better 3rd party view of what's actually going on rather than having one side share "war only" and the other side share "hostile + war". There are plenty of other conflicts where the poster would post the "hostile only summary" followed by the "war only" to give a good overall picture and a side by side comparison. This would probably be a better solution to the summary formatting.

Whether both simians and shinra go with the first or the 2nd doesn't matter to me... only that they both follow the same type of formatting instead of just posting whichever way makes their kd look better. Just my .02.

GL to both kds in their war. I really don't have stock in either side so it's good to see a pretty evenly fought war.
    Last edited by ofgortens; 21-09-2014 at 03:17.

Living dead and others. I have no dog in this fight BUT

generally when it comes to attacks, I think we can all understand that attacks in war tend to be more punishing right? You can't really chain out of war. Hits in hostile can hamper economy, they can mess with province balance, etc but it is in war that it really matters.

Think about it this way.

If I, as an attacker, eat a 200 acre hit in a hostile, thats kinda ouch, but it won't change much about how my province functions. However, if I eat that 200 acres in war as part of a chain, it means something a bit more right?

200 acre drop in hostile, lose some peasants, no overpop, etc.

200 as part of -800 to 900 total loss, well thats a bit different right?

Thats why war vs war+hostile has a LOT more tactical meaning. (with some few exceptions like massacres on TM's or hostile chains of TMs to open NW gaps, but that is more detail than needed for present purposes)
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    I surrender.... :-D

Sheister... we understand that notion.... but (likely I just misinterpreted the original comments) ppl use the forums to display their standpoint in regards to certain actions and status of those action and at times twist the information to validate their standpoint... So I guess we really do not know if the ppl requesting the information are simply third party ppl or part of one of the 2 kds... With that being said... I guess I jumped to an ill conclusion... so before this gets out of hands... lets just Chill and my bad...

as per the war... its VERY DAMAGING for bot sides.... :-D... I will let the monarchs from each side fill you guys in accordingly...

cheers....
    Great Ghula
    Un4GiVeN - 23-26
    Monument - Age 50 - 57
    Shinra - Age 58 - Current

Man u guys are funny Lolz. ..

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Living dead and others. I have no dog in this fight BUT

generally when it comes to attacks, I think we can all understand that attacks in war tend to be more punishing right? You can't really chain out of war. Hits in hostile can hamper economy, they can mess with province balance, etc but it is in war that it really matters.

Think about it this way.

If I, as an attacker, eat a 200 acre hit in a hostile, thats kinda ouch, but it won't change much about how my province functions. However, if I eat that 200 acres in war as part of a chain, it means something a bit more right?

200 acre drop in hostile, lose some peasants, no overpop, etc.

200 as part of -800 to 900 total loss, well thats a bit different right?

Thats why war vs war+hostile has a LOT more tactical meaning. (with some few exceptions like massacres on TM's or hostile chains of TMs to open NW gaps, but that is more detail than needed for present purposes)
    And I would say getting chained for -3k acres in war is a lot different when you hit for 200 acre in hostile vs 800 in hostile but ok will separate hostile and war next time. Too late to post new summary, but similar waves by both kds - we hit down faeries some more while they drop attackers nws.

Quote Originally Posted by khanmy View Post
    lol benjamin hostile is an equal part to the war... Hostile relations do not simply happen magically... They take place by one kd waving the other and giving the button... and in responce the later declaring war and waving... Essentially by taking out hostile you are taking a complete wave out... Basically it is to say: "X wave we do not count... and not counting the X wave things seem equal in terms of acres wins/lose..."

Waving a KD into fort to get war not considered a "direct reflection" of war than I am not sure what is. By your # of posts I know you are not fresh of the boat... but your comment shows no sign of wisdom...
    Let me rephrase it then, is it possible oh great Shinra to post a war only summary?

I am glad you cleared up what war and hostile is to me, I was beginning to wonder.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Regular
    My province is like Detroit now

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    Let me rephrase it then, is it possible oh great Shinra to post a war only summary?

I am glad you cleared up what war and hostile is to me, I was beginning to wonder.
    Oh this made me laugh, the sarcasm in "Oh great Shinra" like CR is a kd to boast about lol

Quote Originally Posted by ofgortens View Post
    Did I ever said it does? Read what I wrote again.

I just stated that having both sides sharing the same time frame gives a better 3rd party view of what's actually going on rather than having one side share "war only" and the other side share "hostile + war". There are plenty of other conflicts where the poster would post the "hostile only summary" followed by the "war only" to give a good overall picture and a side by side comparison. This would probably be a better solution to the summary formatting.

Whether both simians and shinra go with the first or the 2nd doesn't matter to me... only that they both follow the same type of formatting instead of just posting whichever way makes their kd look better. Just my .02.

GL to both kds in their war. I really don't have stock in either side so it's good to see a pretty evenly fought war.
    Sorry, yes I misinterpreted what you originally wrote as an attack, partly cus I was drunk. But you are right consistency with what is posted would make things much clearer!

Nice war

Enthusiast
    here... war only summary, shinra side

** Kingdom news report **
    For the time from March 16 of YR10 till July 24 of YR10 - 105 hours
    [ http://home-world.org/utopia/formatter/ - Seraphim online formatter ]

** Summary **
    Total attacks made: 502 (106,079 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 459 (102,365 acres)
    -- Ambush: 16 (2,529 acres)
    -- Conquest: 11 (1,185 acres)
    -- Massacre: 7 (28,536 population)
    -- Failed: 9 (1.8% failure)
    -- Uniques: 143
    Total attacks suffered: 647 (105,225 acres)
    -- Traditional march: 554 (99,151 acres)
    -- Ambush: 34 (6,074 acres)
    -- Raze: 25 (0 acres)
    -- Learn: 19
    -- Failed: 15 (2.3% failure)
    -- Uniques: 207

** The kingdom of shinra **
    Total land exchanged: +854 (502/647)
    +2,662 FeelingItOhManThePain (22/7)
    +2,658 Bean (32/26)
    +2,429 Orc Mania (19/15)
    +1,841 An unknown province (6/0)
    +1,681 Chunnel II The Rebirth (36/18)
    +1,231 Skannatati (31/36)
    +1,199 Shangrila (23/24)
    +213 The Scarecrow Walks AtMidnight (3/0)
    +177 Hate The Drake (3/0)
    - Id Tap Prov Above Me (2/0)
    -2 M00seFr3ak (28/38)
    -92 Queen By Association (35/35)
    -260 Lonely Mountain (32/38)
    -285 Asset Specificity (28/34)
    -317 Waffle Dancing (32/32)
    -857 BooZe (30/49)
    -947 Brazil is Back (25/35)
    -1,675 a Mama Dragon (32/69)
    -2,173 Forbidden Planet (26/54)
    -3,225 Gimli (32/70)
    -3,404 Sectumsempra (25/67)

** The kingdom of simmians **
    Total land exchanged: -854 (622/527)
    +3,549 Wife vs utopia (15/1)
    +2,540 King Beyond The Wall (12/0)
    +2,457 AllGlory (26/7)
    +1,884 Bad Move (14/5)
    +1,869 Centaurion (23/13)
    +1,585 tESt (8/0)
    +1,560 Warboy (20/11)
    +1,472 OohTen (37/28)
    +1,003 Fuke u (36/16)
    +936 Bon Temps (33/23)
    +536 Therefore (26/18)
    +334 An unknown province (5/0)
    +254 The Lich King (11/0)
    +109 Deep South (7/0)
    +27 Playing this again (32/22)
    -209 Number 3 Bends (38/33)
    -851 Darkness Falls (22/26)
    -1,130 Hunger where are you (38/37)
    -1,428 Jigsaw (35/38)
    -1,439 Pandemonium (11/9)
    -1,503 King Infront The Wall (40/59)
    -2,073 xXRxX (41/61)
    -2,215 Exotic Borneo (25/23)
    -2,949 200 Crazy Coins (10/16)
    -3,130 Stop hurting me (43/53)
    -4,042 fa-my (14/28)

Dragons sent to simmians
    On May 8 of YR10

Dragons received by simians
    Sapphire on March 16 of YR10
    Gold on June 2 of YR10

March 16 of YR10 - War declared by simians

Post Fiend
    Acres and honor shifting back and forth each wave but we've managed to keep their 5k+ provs on less than 10k peasants for most of the last 24 hours, while our 4k+ tms are up to 30-50k peasants each.

Both kds been dragon free for a while, its been a fun war not sure how simians plan on turning it around, though a strong withdraw wave and they could potentially end up +honor and land.

Post Demon
    Question about dragons, is there any particular reason you guys would wait 10-11 hours to kill it? I'm in a KD that you might call semi-ghetto, but even we can kill dragons in 10-15 minutes usually. Then again at times those provs that have been designed for slaying cannot contribute to slaying at all times.

Enthusiast
    In general slaying at first tick is best but sometimes when you expect your big provinces to get chained it's better to wait for them to slay first. Also sometimes dragon slaying is related to nw control. You do or dont want to alter the nw of your provinces.

Thread Information