Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloody Mess VS Settlers

This was BMs first extended hostile, but vs your set up it was a strategy that was super effective to ns the super powerful attackers and leave them sitting home weakling up.

Great War. I think u woulda won if u just gave button right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Brirei View Post
    This was BMs first extended hostile, but vs your set up it was a strategy that was super effective to ns the super powerful attackers and leave them sitting home weakling up.

Great War. I think u woulda won if u just gave button right away.
    x2-3 trads on our TMs, leave us without gold to fund dragon. We would've been in a much weaker position if you have just gone balls in. Humans might be great at turtling but they are best at initiating. Coupled with Orcs you have one of the best duo-cores in the game for initiating. I am 90% certain you would have won like that. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

I agree, totally. We should have just gone for it, but we should have even more just left the hostile

Quote Originally Posted by Ekusas View Post
    but we should have even more just left the hostile
    Can u clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by Brirei View Post
    Can u clarify?
    I think he means, to have left the hostile and not warred at all.

Well, if we went all in from start Settlers would have given you button and you could have played with it as long as you want and still drawn out hostile. It is a problem with game mechanics in some ways and why wars can be so hard to find. If we gave you button suddenly you have 2 mana/stealth ops on us and can drag hostile as long as you wants and retal any hits you want as long as you stay 1 point below on meter. It just confounds the problem of you dragging hostile because you could do more damage with ops.

Obviously there was confusion with when war starts. We were under the assumption war started when we left fort. I also don't think it is unreasonable for the larger KD with more provs to give button but oh well. You extending hostile was a problem from the start for us and it is unavoidable under these game mechanics if we wanted to avoid it.

That being said, I think what hurt us the most is we had doubled in size from when we started our last war where you had pumped much more at the large size. While we were fully trained we did not have time to sci/wizzie pump really at all and that put us at a huge disadvantage in ops.

If ur full waving, u woulda #wrecked our 5.5(sorry dirty minds :-p) TMs. You coulda dictated nw ranges to protect ur big sages a bit. Sure, it woulda given us 2 mana ops, but obviously from our snap declare snafu, our intention wasn't to manipulate uf/hostile. With ur humans and warrior orcs, u shoulda wanted war status asap. We didn't have 10% ome riding on button :-p
    Last edited by Brirei; 23-09-2014 at 21:53.

Out of interest, why do you refer to us as the larger kingdom? sure we had an extra player, but a poorly pumped halfer doesnt make us larger, hmm cake xD
    Last edited by Stingaaaa; 23-09-2014 at 22:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Well, if we went all in from start Settlers would have given you button and you could have played with it as long as you want and still drawn out hostile. It is a problem with game mechanics in some ways and why wars can be so hard to find. If we gave you button suddenly you have 2 mana/stealth ops on us and can drag hostile as long as you wants and retal any hits you want as long as you stay 1 point below on meter. It just confounds the problem of you dragging hostile because you could do more damage with ops.

Obviously there was confusion with when war starts. We were under the assumption war started when we left fort. I also don't think it is unreasonable for the larger KD with more provs to give button but oh well. You extending hostile was a problem from the start for us and it is unavoidable under these game mechanics if we wanted to avoid it.

That being said, I think what hurt us the most is we had doubled in size from when we started our last war where you had pumped much more at the large size. While we were fully trained we did not have time to sci/wizzie pump really at all and that put us at a huge disadvantage in ops.
    I don't think we need to argue any more about button, we did that plenty in unfriendly, we disagreed then and we still do now. In the end we were the one to give it either way.

I wanna challenge your perspective a bit though. How long is a KD willing to drag out at 14 point unfriendly if they are taking 32 uniques per day by bloodlust orcs/humans? I swear to god I don't think any KD could afford to sit locked into normal and get wrecked only because they want to gain slightly better ops.

I never said you would stay locked in 14 point UF while you took a beating. I said we expected you to stay 1 point below us on meter so we never got button. You could make every single hit we would minus 1 and not give us the button. Maybe your intent was not to drag it out, but you could have and that was our concern. The obvious damage you did us was with 3 mana/stealth ops. We did not want to give you 2 point ops because you could return hits on our T/Ms or attackers just as much and still hold button as long as you wanted.

And yes, you were bigger. +1 prov and over 2k acres bigger. The fact that we had slightly more NW only reflects the increased NW values of our humans running higher elites. That has no effect on true power. Humans running 6 dspa look like they have a lot of off points but they can't use them all unless they suicide. The extra acres you had however along with the extra prov definitely counts as larger :P

why didnt you do a decent wave and gave button so you won't get stuck in UF then? OR why didnt you offer CF if you really don't want war?

Good war.

Settlers could do with finding a way to load Sci as well as.honor on their t/m's
    Look more deeply at nw eff.

Thread Information