Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some positivity please

Post Demon

Some positivity please

With all the negativity surrounding the state of utopia these days, I think it is time to be a bit more positive. Due to long-term investment in the branding of this game, Utopia has become more known every year in the United States. That knowledge still has some way to go towards an expansion of the player-base, but at least we're making strides. According to some Americans, the world we play in out here is as real as it gets, just listen to this:

(0:16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWe7Xk5e4A

ummmmm someone in a video says utopia in the same company as people who don't know a triangle has three sides.... and you think this bodes well for the game?

oh wait

that was negative....

YAY! We will have more farms soon!

there better...
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Demon
    Where you from Sheister?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Taylor Swift's new album comes out in about a month...so that's pretty great.

I like to post
    There is game named Visual Utopia. I played it abit in past and game have stable player base around 400-500 people (if im not wrong) from years but its still alive. Utopia is older game and here is all time people coming back and other retire. Im sure with this circle game can continue for years more and survive. Up plaer base is really hard because you need new ppl and with so many good games around its hard for convice some one to play text based game. Still Utopia wont die soon if devs don't shut down game.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Veteran
    I came back after ~40 ages because I wanted to play the game again. However, I would say that without question this player base is poorer in respect and community, and the development team is the main inspiration for that. At the end of the day, nothing really "draws" me to stay and I'm just figuring out when I want to quit again.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidoza View Post
    I came back after ~40 ages because I wanted to play the game again. However, I would say that without question this player base is poorer in respect and community, and the development team is the main inspiration for that. At the end of the day, nothing really "draws" me to stay and I'm just figuring out when I want to quit again.
    Game never was so friendly to new people in small or big KDs. Now with massive use irc its easy for see all hate and disrespect around but you can ignore it, its turned to be part from game.
    Just find few ppl to think like you and do what you like.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Demon
    I agree Gidoza, especially on these forums there are quite a few people that try their uttermost best to discourage you from coming back or enjoying the game. It took me hundreds of posts to even get a regular response (survived the loong initiation phase, but I just ketp on going). But there ARE very nice Kingdoms out there that are willing to reintroduce you and teach you the ropes again.

In the past there was a lot nastier people/things going on. Find a nice KD and stay out of the forums (if you wish) then you'll be fine.

Veteran
    Actually Elit - I get along with my KD quite well (and I'm not a new player). But saying "it's just a part of the game" isn't a good enough answer - disrespect and unkindness show up in online communities for a reason, and in my experience it is because those in charge demonstrate that very behavior. When those who run the game actually care what the look of the community is like, and meaningfully expect (yes, we have rules here, but they're hardly enforced by example) the people to work towards a good community by showing the community how it's done, then results occur. At present, nobody cares.

Actually Elit - I get along with my KD quite well (and I'm not a new player). But saying "it's just a part of the game" isn't a good enough answer - disrespect and unkindness show up in online communities for a reason, and in my experience it is because those in charge demonstrate that very behavior. When those who run the game actually care what the look of the community is like, and meaningfully expect (yes, we have rules here, but they're hardly enforced by example) the people to work towards a good community by showing the community how it's done, then results occur. At present, nobody cares.
    You feel that because your suggestion is not agreed with the games developers are disrespectful and unkind? Grow up.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm not going to make anyone be nice to everyone. As soon as that happens people flock back to IRC and the forums get abandoned again.

We have rules and they're enforced when they need to be.

Disrespect and unkindness show up on every internet community, because it's the internet, and it's really easy to be a sniveling prick because there's no real consequences (and no, getting banned from an online forum is not a real consequence)

If this game had gone all SPGC i would have quit a long time ago.....
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Tempting.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Needs to get out more
    Just imagine all negative forumites as actual villains with cyberarmor and deep reverb voices sitting at their Dell keyboard bullying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information