-swoop-

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I am rooting for Dragons Mate

Postaholic
    so am i !

Woo! Go me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

These people must be fake tagged. Morbo took over jerk last age and converted them to the #slaves. So in reality jerk disband and it's Slaves v/s that other kd.

This is well known.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Needs to get out more
    I have no idea what's going on. One of the gossip gods needs to get in here and explain who the heck is in the top 20. Who's LoL? I still don't know who the smoking koalas are. This should be discussed. Thx.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-10-2014 at 20:18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    due to being a terrible player, i got farmed BADLY by oranje and Just Me. I got wayy too complacent being 4k acres bigger and didn't draft as deeply as I could have, nor did I have all my war builds in by the time hits started.
    We noticed them when we came oow with koalas and started hits. They went fort close to meter max and then we went fort too. I suspect they are pumping now to declare since the size difference is significantly less, but who knows, maybe they just wanted more room on meter.

The Jerks.

Needs to get out more
    Funny you mention that. I tend to drag my strat around slipshod and just build on barren acres. Whenever I'm asked if I'm ready for war I'm like "yeah".
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-10-2014 at 20:24.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    due to being a terrible player, i got farmed BADLY by oranje and Just Me. I got wayy too complacent being 4k acres bigger and didn't draft as deeply as I could have, nor did I have all my war builds in by the time hits started.
    We noticed them when we came oow with koalas and started hits. They went fort close to meter max and then we went fort too. I suspect they are pumping now to declare since the size difference is significantly less, but who knows, maybe they just wanted more room on meter.
    At least you're honest about being a terrible player:P There was a point where I was thinking there is nothing you can "amaze" me with and yet you managed to do it, leaving 80k def at 7.5k land:P

jerks was trying to avoid conflict with CR/Pyro after their war. they were actually larger than Pyro, with ww benefits and all. and probably better morale after b2b farm war wins..

Pyro noticed jerks the min they left war, 72hrs. Jerks decided to 'run' by noticing Fratzia like 15mins after we notice them. 48hours notice. I guess whatever, we just decide to respect their notice with fratzia. It was like -.-. If pyro was like 30% larger in acres, and was waiting to vulture for like weeks.. fine, running wont look so bad. and its understandable. But Pyro just came from a war loss vs BB, and came oow like 1.5days earlier than jerks, and was smaller. and had a weaker setup (jerks human sages, pyro dwarf mercs+human sages core)

Spoke to coss before their conflict started, he was actually very confident that he can win Jerks if things go their way.. and from the looks of it, with better top + more hitters... Jerks might be in trouble. Fratzia had like 3x bpa, 2x mod wpa/tpa at start of conflict, numbers are diluted already cause Fratzia added like alot of acres?? but still, its still massive science advantage imo.

When will Fratzia press the button? I think within 18hrs!

Question for the public: What do you think if you had noticed a kingdom, and the kingdom sees your notice and then decide to notice another kingdom 15mins after you noticed them? It's not like you are 30% larger... or like waiting for weeks to war them. You are at a similar size, same stock etc.

Would you

a) just respect their running away (i.e noticing a kingdom that was like 25-30% smaller?! , and noticing them 15mins after you noticed)
    b) dont respect that particular hostile?
    Last edited by TheOne; 02-10-2014 at 02:46.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Sir Postalot
    I think in general you rarely see two utopians sit and agree to fight each other without both sides wanting or angling for over the top advantages.

Most all of these notices you see being given to and from kingdoms are the minute they come out of war, or most people are looking for tons of fully unbreakable thief mages, etc. In the past 18 ages I've played I can recall one time that my kingdom has waved or noticed a kingdom the second they were out of another war. And that was back when I played in absalom and another co-leader lead our kd to do it. I'm sure there's probably 1 or 2 other instances in that time that I'm forgetting, but at the end of the day I can't think of any and seemingly everyone else is noticing or wanting to fight the other kingdom as soon as they possibly can.

Everyone here who leads a kingdom knows that 1) EoW CF isn't enough time to fight again and 2) generally after you fight you want a break from fighting. You don't want to spend End of War havign to call and micromanage your kingdom to be ready for the next fight. You want to go out and drink and relax.

Yet most people aren't interested in being cordial. Sometimes, this is warranted. If your potential opponnent has time to use all of its pool after a war, often you can't beat them. However, rather than just being cutthroat I imagine there are probably compromises that can be made.

This is why you see alot of just in general running, or multiple notices, etc. Early in the age people seem fine with dealing with a fight in which they are at a disadvantage (think one kingdom picking merchant vs non-merchant) and losing, but late age people worry too much about how their kingdom will react and try to avoid a loss at too much cost.

Getting to the heart of your question, If you want a fun war you have to be willing to give up something in the process where your opponent feels like they have a chance, and if they don't think they have a chance and you do, ya need to convey that somehow so that they feel good about it.

My guess is jerks generally just didn't want to fight someone as strong at warring as pyro is, tetley is probably burned out. There's 2 ways to fix that.

1) Don't think of the game as life or death, if you lose who cares
    2) Get your kingdommates comfortable with the fact you might lose a fight

And everyone probably gets to enjoy things alot more. Currently, this age my kingdom has fought with 3 other top 5 kingdoms, each of which had a leader quit I'm guessing largely because of the ego of losing a fight that age. Why can't it just be fun?

To fully answer, I'd probably let the kd run a time or two, but if I think the kingdom is being unreasonable I'd make a point eventually.

Knowing your situation somewhat, I think there was probably a compromise to be made there, the two kingdoms were somewhat similar sized, I can both see tetley with an inactive kd not wanting to fight a kd like pyro, but if I'm tetley and a newer leader I just do it for fun to practice and learn.
    Last edited by flogger; 02-10-2014 at 03:34.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Question for the public: What do you think if you had noticed a kingdom, and the kingdom sees your notice and then decide to notice another kingdom 15mins after you noticed them? It's not like you are 30% larger... or like waiting for weeks to war them. You are at a similar size, same stock etc.

Would you

a) just respect their running away (i.e noticing a kingdom that was like 25-30% smaller?! , and noticing them 15mins after you noticed)
    b) dont respect that particular hostile?
    I would just wave em lol. People know that running from me is not an option:P I waved kds in arranged wars or "active hostiles" with under 50% NW before and would not hesitate to do it when someone just runs from a fight. You can't handle a fight? Then stay in ghetto range and don;t grow !!

Forum Fanatic
    Coss: I totally underestimated the level of pump the 9k provs would have. But not just that; I also starved a whole lot due to inactivity. It's been a pretty bad age for me all around, rofl.

CJ: noticing a kingdom doesn't entitle you to a war with them, or even to fight them for that matter. Not sure what noticing them "15 minutes later" has to do with anything at all other than that I was not online at the tick, rofl... It also wasn't a surprise that you were going to notice since I had spoken with nesta about it days prior and he had made his intent clear? The world doesn't revolve around you bro, we were always going to notice coss and the gang. We could have waited 23 hours to notice and then waved them a single tick before your notice expired. Would you have preferred that?

You neglect to mention that you would have been 15k bigger than us by the time notice expired?

You neglect to mention that no amount of prep or exploration on our part vs you guys would have prevented us losing the cow battle and subsequently the war? Oh yes please, let my KD be your punching bag because you have low morale...

You neglect to mention that you had a great deal more science than us? Our sages never got to pump...

You neglect to mention that CR also noticed us that tick and we had 48h with them as well? We were never "yours" to begin with, regardless of Fratzia...

FYI, no one is obligated to war anyone. If you're playing for land, you should be happy to take some land for a CF. If nesta wants to play like a little Elit in training and tell me that you won't take acres for CF, and that you "fail to see an alternative other than fighting" (basically a threat that you'll just wave us until we war), then don't cry when things don't go exactly your way.

The Jerks.

Veteran
    Tetley when you'll be old as me, you'll wake up at 4 an after going to sleep at 11 pm and not starve:P Anyway ... you should tell Miro it's not nice to drop a friendship for stupid sh!t like this.

PS: Stop calling us Fratzia, this kd has nothing to do with Fratzia other than Hesus. We are like 10 old Sleepy players with some new blood.

Forum Fanatic
    he told me you got mad at him, not the other way around ;p

The Jerks.

Thread Information