Thread: Barrack Obama = Jimmy Carter 2.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    I completely agree with your statement. My issue is student loans that have created a major issue in America. A 18 to 22 year old should not be able to borrow 100s of thousands of dollars to go to college period. Because as you say a degree does not guarantee you a job. Just like you can't walk into a bank and get a business loan or home loan without some kind of income. But our government backs student loans and guarantees part of them. So lending institutions just hand them out like candy knowing full well they shouldn't be loaning the money to 90% of the people. But you can't go bankrupt on student loans and there backed by the government so it's a safe bet. Why college tuition has sky rocketed over the last 20 years. It's one big scam created by our government. You have to get a college degree to manage a Mc Donalds or a store at the mall. In the old days only a few professions actually required degrees. So basically you have to pay for a college degree to get a job that 20 years ago you only needed a high school diploma for. Greatest scam of all time. Haha
    If you could stop pulling statistics out of your rear like no tomorrow, you'd have made a vaguely good point with regards to the bar creep of degree requirements for jobs which shouldn't require one.

(gif is in relation to your colourful axioms)
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 07-12-2016 at 20:33.
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

Thread Information