Thread: Barrack Obama = Jimmy Carter 2.0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan4GS View Post
    Just FYI (and I don't know where you're from), here in America you have the right to care at hospitals, regardless of if you can pay for it. Ultimately the tax payer would get the bill.

And as for the "rights"...well maybe that's just an American thing. Universally is highly debatable and I doubt humanity would ever be able to come to a consensus.
    I thought that was the case when I was young. Learned that was not the case when I followed a friend to the hospital with a head injury. No tests for concussion no tests for fracture. He had been hospitalized before so they knew that he did not have resources. I suspect they would not have let him die on location. If you can stagger they will direct you to stagger out the door. Unless, of course, you have the right plastic card. A drivers license or state ID is not the right card.
    Tax payers probably did get the bill for the time it took to kick him out. Certainly the cost of a useless ambulance ride that the police decided was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    inalienable right to treatment for any condition that could potentially be life threatening, which nearly any illness can be/will be if it goes untreated.
    I broke a nail on my middle finger. It bled a little bit. I enthusiastically reported it to my manager and her manager and the manager of another department. It was a good day.

I did not get any treatment. I did not get to go to either the workmanscomp doctor or my doctor. Not even a nurse or medical technician. It went untreated. I have not died yet.
    Last edited by pathetic sheep; 17-10-2015 at 02:08.

Thread Information