Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake2129 View Post
So based on that, if the tax payers are already paying to cover the ER visits why did the insurance need to be mandated?

Yes preventative care should be mandated as a precurser to getting the insurance. Similar to any other insurance company who assesses the item they are going to insure. Generally insurance companys want to see a used car, inspect a house, make you get a physical for life insurance etc etc, why shouldnt it be the same for health insurance.
They have to mandate that people get insurance so they stop getting so desperately sick that they're forced to go to the emergency room and forcing people like yourself to pay their hospitals bills. Also, that generally is the case as far as "inspections" with health insurance goes (in my experience). People with poor health are either turned down or have to pay quite a bit more for health insurance since they'll be using it far more frequently.

For the Firearms:
1) lock up your gun and its not an issue.
2) defend your home from intruders? sounds like a pretty good benefit if a rapist is breaking in
3) don't worry it would be restricted to those who can legally buy guns (Background checks), the criminals already have them lol (sad but true)
1. You assume I live alone and would be the only one with access
2. I'm already perfectly happy with my ability to defend my home from intruders.
3. Do you want me to give you a list of the mass shooters who were legally able to buy a gun? Also, I meant potential criminals. People that would commit crimes given the right circumstances. Mandating that everyone has a gun is just cultivating those circumstances.

ACA could be considered dangerous to your health, false sense of security going to a dr/hospital. Quick search gave this:

"In 2010, the Office of Inspector General for Health and Human Services said that bad hospital care contributed to the deaths of 180,000 patients in Medicare alone in a given year.

Now comes a study in the current issue of the Journal of Patient Safety that says the numbers may be much higher — between 210,000 and 440,000 patients each year who go to the hospital for care suffer some type of preventable harm that contributes to their death, the study says."

Ill take my chances with the 500 =)
I don't see any relation with having health insurance and suddenly thinking hospitals are safer than they actually are...unless I'm missing something.