Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrack Obama = Jimmy Carter 2.0

Enthusiast

Barrack Obama = Jimmy Carter 2.0

Weak leader, no success at anything, zero international experience or knowledge or understanding.
    Brought his own home town "Mafia" to DC who all ended up in legal trouble.
    Was a complete failure at all things military.... I am certain there are lots more.

same can be said about his predecessor Bush
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggis View Post
    Weak leader, no success at anything, zero international experience or knowledge or understanding.
    Brought his own home town "Mafia" to DC who all ended up in legal trouble.
    Was a complete failure at all things military.... I am certain there are lots more.
    Better a weak leader who doesn't accomplish much than a total nutcase like his predecessor.
    And Obama has done fairly well at cleaning up the mess his predecessor created so I'd say he accomplished plenty, it's just not the bombastic headliner stuff of his predecessor, which was all about headlines and absolutely zilch about substance, consistency or sanity.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Bush appeared worse to me.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Bush appeared worse to me.
    I think that most everybody not a tea party radical would agree with you :D
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

obama is worthless.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    obama is worthless.
    Perhaps, but that's still an immesurable step up from his predecessor.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The Affordable Care Act was pretty cool...

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The ACA is a pretty epic failure of a compromise on health care.

The only people rejoicing over that are health care service providers who get to make billions more in profit.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    The only people rejoicing over that are health care service providers who get to make billions more in profit.
    Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    As of May 2014, approximately 20 million Americans had gained health insurance coverage under the ACA, and the percentage of uninsured Americans dropped from 18% in 2013 to 13.4% in May 2014.
    If it's so bad, why do people buy it tho?

Better a weak leader who doesn't accomplish much than a total nutcase like his predecessor.
    And Obama has done fairly well at cleaning up the mess his predecessor created so I'd say he accomplished plenty, it's just not the bombastic headliner stuff of his predecessor, which was all about headlines and abso

naeem

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Hmm..

If it's so bad, why do people buy it tho?
    What? Just because it results in higher insurance rates doesn't make it a 'good' piece of legislation.

The 'affordable' care act did literally nothing to assure long term affordability of health care in the U.S. It just made it mandatory to have insurance, mandatory for businesses to provide it, and provided government subsidies for it.

I don't see how writing what amounts to a blank check to an industry already rife with hilariously inflated costs is in any way an effective long term solution.

There's a reason American health care is the most expensive in the world, while not even cracking the top 10 in effectiveness.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    1. Stop thinking of it as a business model. The American medical system is all messed up, I agree, but this wasn't designed to "fix" the inflated costs of medical care. It was designed to make expensive medical care available for people who were previously unavailable to get insurance to help pay for such things. There aren't going to be any quick fixes to our medical costs situation and in the mean time it's retarded to let hundred of thousands of people suffer without proper medical care because our bureaucrats are 9 year olds that will blindly disagree with the other side because they belong to the other party.
    2. Insurance companies are more likely to get the laws changed to lower medical costs faster than a bunch of broke and powerless "voters" will.
    3. If you aren't rich (which the majority isn't), you don't have any insurance, and you happen to get sick, your life is ruined. That's the reality of the American health care system today. My dad just had a liver transplant that saved his life. The whole ordeal cost him about $300k+. If he didn't have insurance, both him and my mother would have lost everything they had just because we would rather have my dad not be dead. My point being, forcing people into purchasing something that that will avoid the terrible logic that you don't need insurance can hardly be considered bad policy. Most states require you purchase car insurance, I don't see anyone crying about that.

So, now that the republitards managed to get a majority in both chambers can they get rid of that act which they hate so much?

My point being, forcing people into purchasing something that that will avoid the terrible logic that you don't need insurance can hardly be considered bad policy. Most states require you purchase car insurance, I don't see anyone crying about that.
    Yes, while I think a fully socialized healthcare system is better it's a significant step in the right direction and changing a bad system to a good one is not something that is easily done or can be done overnight.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 06-11-2014 at 18:10.

Obama's the man.

ACA is good. Obviously not an overnight fix to healthcare but basic rights should be provided for free. Healthcare should be a right not a privlage.

He also caught Osama! Take that bush.

I feel as a non american his biggest failure was an inability to reduce the military, take a more reservist forign policy. But meh.
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information