Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barrack Obama = Jimmy Carter 2.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular
    Nothing the republicans said about Obama ever came true. That man has withstood outright hatred and feet stamping from the right for 8 years. Everything that man tried to accomplish was shutdown from day 1 by the republicans. Republicans on the floor shouting "he's not my president!", "he's not a American!", "He's a Muslim!", "Our job is to make him a 1 term president!", etc etc etc. Not much the man could do when republicans shouted "No!" and demonized him from day 1 and at every step.
    Let's ignore the fact he was left a brutal mess that was left behind by the last republican administration.
    Let me ask you all something? Do you know who is in control of congress and what congresses approval rating is? It's because the republican led congress has been sitting on their asses with more than 1 attempt to shut government down. And here we gave them a thumbs up for their obstructionist government.
    If Carter survived for a 2nd term we might not even be in the middle east fighting over oil.
    Regan ****ed this country for decades with trickle down economics and continued reliance on fossil fuels.
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 06-12-2016 at 06:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    Regan ****ed this country for decades with trickle down economics and continued reliance on fossil fuels.
    And now ****face von Clownstick is gonna do the same on steroids because it "worked" so well the last time.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Veteran
    Nothing the republicans said about Obama ever came true. That man has withstood outright hatred and feet stamping from the right for 8 years. Everything that man tried to accomplish was shutdown from day 1 by the republicans. Republicans on the floor shouting "he's not my president!", "he's not a American!", "He's a Muslim!", "Our job is to make him a 1 term president!", etc etc etc. Not much the man could do when republicans shouted "No!" and demonized him from day 1 and at every step.
    Let's ignore the fact he was left a brutal mess that was left behind by the last republican administration.
    Let me ask you all something? Do you know who is in control of congress and what congresses approval rating is? It's because the republican led congress has been sitting on their asses with more than 1 attempt to shut government down. And here we gave them a thumbs up for their obstructionist government.
    If Carter survived for a 2nd term we might not even be in the middle east fighting over oil.
    You must be confused Obama first term Democrats owned the Senate and the House. How they where able to bail out the banks and pass Obama care. Both completely terrible things for the country. Also senate Democrats did what's called the nuclear option. Which took away alot of the minority powers away from blocking presidential appointment. Obama failed at being a president plan and simple. The excuse of Republicans blocking him is non sense in his first term.

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:12.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    We need to give him a chance.
    No.

Explaination: see your post

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:01.

Regular
    Double post
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-12-2016 at 02:02.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    After G.W.Bush, the democrats won a super majority in Obamas first term. They used it to piss off middle class america with policies middle class america didn't want (like obamacare). right or wrong doesn't matter in this case. People voted out the democrats because they disagreed with them.

It takes a great amount of patriotism to just say "no" against something you completely stand against. This is politics at its finest and its worst. If one president tries to pass policy saying the sky is orange, while the other side wholeheartedly believe the sky is red, then the two sides will disagree no matter what the truth is.

Why does everyone assume we need to fix everything by passing more laws. It would be far better to leave the average man well and good enough alone. We need to get back to making money, not passing more laws to restrict commerce.

If Trump starts to do stupid things with his newfound power, I fully expect the democrats to just say no to all of his policies and win more of a majority. We need to give him a chance.
    He has his chance. Unfortunatly he can't stay off of twitter long enough to stop making a international scene every other day. He is already making stupid mistakes and he isn't even the president yet. He's bumbling around blindly in a china shop...
    Democrats got voted out because after 8 years of 1 party in the whitehouse it is almost unheard of for them to win 4 more years. People tend to be ready for a change. It's not like there was some huge showing of support for Trump. Was one of the worst voter turn outs in recent memory. Neither choice inspired America to get to the voting booths. Any other republican candidate probably would have won the popular vote as well.
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-12-2016 at 02:06.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Any other republican candidate probably would have won the popular vote as well.
    I disagree with that. Trump's big selling point was that he was an outsider. He was the only one capable of fixing the corrupt politicians because he wasn't a politician*

*not my claim. I bear no responsibility for the gullibility of others

Post Fiend
    Obama didn't catch Osama. Bush caught Osama, it jus thappened to come with someone else sitting in the chair.

If I build a house but let you cut the ribbon before we move in, who really built it?

As far as healthcare being a "right", we're only entitled to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. If I choose to eat steak and bacon all my life, why should it be my neighbors responsibilty to pay my healthcare costs? People make choices, they shouldn't be bailed out when they make bad ones. Personal responsibility is missing in USA.

If they wanted to fix healthcare they should worry about increasing competition in the healthcare industry to drive down prices instead of mandating coverage so no one can afford it. Let companies compete across states and let the best company win. There are plenty of other things that could help fix healthcare, but this would be a great first step.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan4GS View Post
    As far as healthcare being a "right", we're only entitled to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
    1. That's your opinion.
    2. I think healthcare would fall under the "life" part. If you get sick and die because you couldn't afford to go to the hospital you've been stripped of your life.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    1. That's your opinion.
    2. I think healthcare would fall under the "life" part. If you get sick and die because you couldn't afford to go to the hospital you've been stripped of your life.
    Just FYI (and I don't know where you're from), here in America you have the right to care at hospitals, regardless of if you can pay for it. Ultimately the tax payer would get the bill.

And as for the "rights"...well maybe that's just an American thing. Universally is highly debatable and I doubt humanity would ever be able to come to a consensus.

Just FYI (and I don't know where you're from), here in America you have the right to care at hospitals, regardless of if you can pay for it. Ultimately the tax payer would get the bill.

And as for the "rights"...well maybe that's just an American thing. Universally is highly debatable and I doubt humanity would ever be able to come to a consensus.
    Then why does people need health insurance? And do you really have the right to advanced medical care and not just emergency medical care?

If the US really had universal right to all inclusive hospital care then why is there a need for Obama Care and why is it such a controversy?
    Why is there a problem when insurance companies revoke insurance mid treatment because they claim it was a preexisting condition?
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Barrack Obama = Jimmy Carter 2.0

Agreed.. Both took office after the previous administration totally screwed the country up...

I thought that was the case when I was young. Learned that was not the case when I followed a friend to the hospital with a head injury. No tests for concussion no tests for fracture. He had been hospitalized before so they knew that he did not have resources. I suspect they would not have let him die on location. If you can stagger they will direct you to stagger out the door. Unless, of course, you have the right plastic card. A drivers license or state ID is not the right card.
    Tax payers probably did get the bill for the time it took to kick him out. Certainly the cost of a useless ambulance ride that the police decided was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    inalienable right to treatment for any condition that could potentially be life threatening, which nearly any illness can be/will be if it goes untreated.
    I broke a nail on my middle finger. It bled a little bit. I enthusiastically reported it to my manager and her manager and the manager of another department. It was a good day.

I did not get any treatment. I did not get to go to either the workmanscomp doctor or my doctor. Not even a nurse or medical technician. It went untreated. I have not died yet.
    Last edited by pathetic sheep; 17-10-2015 at 02:08.

Thread Information