Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 100

Thread: Barrack Obama = Jimmy Carter 2.0

  1. #76
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    We need to give him a chance.
    No.

    Explaination: see your post

  2. #77
    Post Fiend brandonc204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    No.

    Explaination: see your post
    Haha. I do appreciate the well placed one liner.

    He hasn't done anything yet, except just generally be an jerk.

    Middle class america spoke. He has his 4 years. The democrats lost, and they currently aren't in a position to block Trump on much of his agenda.

    If Trump does what he said he would and focuses on jobs and on making things run more smoothly internally, then he will do well as president.

    I'm not saying he's a nice guy. I'd much rather grab a beer with Obama than Trump on a personal level.
    Last edited by brandonc204; 06-12-2016 at 19:22.

  3. #78
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    He has already done something and most people are responding negatively.

    The middle class is never going to be happy because the fact of the matter is that unskilled laborers jobs are going to 1 of 2 places. Either

    1. Countries that can pay basically slave wages or
    2. Full automation that requires 1 big payment and then no more wages (outside of repairs and stuff like that)

    The next best thing they can do is pay illegals to work here to get around our wages. After that, I can only dole out the same advise that's been given out to my generation for as long as I can remember. Stop being lazy, get a skill, and get a job.

  4. #79
    Post Fiend brandonc204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    He has already done something and most people are responding negatively.

    The middle class is never going to be happy because the fact of the matter is that unskilled laborers jobs are going to 1 of 2 places. Either

    1. Countries that can pay basically slave wages or
    2. Full automation that requires 1 big payment and then no more wages (outside of repairs and stuff like that)

    The next best thing they can do is pay illegals to work here to get around our wages. After that, I can only dole out the same advise that's been given out to my generation for as long as I can remember. Stop being lazy, get a skill, and get a job.
    Speaking from personal experience and as someone with an engineering degree, being layed off sucks and is sometimes completely beyond your control. Not everyone who experiences a bout of unemployment is being lazy.

    but yes, a lot of people need to get off their butt and get to work. especially those folks who have the time to protest a pipeline in north dakota for months.

  5. #80
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    768
    I personally know many people who have degrees who could not find jobs. The problem with opinions is everyone has one. Same goes with a degree if everyone has one it doesn't mean sh*t. Democrats are smart to promise education because it's honestly just a scam. College degree has become the new high school diploma just you have to pay for it.

  6. #81
    Post Fiend brandonc204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    174
    To an extent yes, but highschools are completely incapable of teaching courses like control systems or electronics or more mechanical courses like dynamics. Even at major universities, only a handful of professors teach them.

    Practical courses like computer programming are possible at the high school level, but our public school system rarely attracts the talent base to teach those courses because the people who know it can go somewhere else and make more money.

  7. #82
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    Speaking from personal experience and as someone with an engineering degree, being layed off sucks and is sometimes completely beyond your control. Not everyone who experiences a bout of unemployment is being lazy.

    but yes, a lot of people need to get off their butt and get to work. especially those folks who have the time to protest a pipeline in north dakota for months.
    Yes, I know. Was being sarcastic. Any millennial that doesn't have a full time job, paying a mortgage on a house and possibly married and starting a family is almost universally considered a lazy, free loading, entitled, government leech, at least if you ask anyone over 50.

    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Democrats are smart to promise education because it's honestly just a scam.
    I lol'ed. Handofthrawn seems like someone that would say "Get your danged done book learnin and so called "facts" outta here!"

  8. #83
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    94
    Double post
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-12-2016 at 02:02.

  9. #84
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    After G.W.Bush, the democrats won a super majority in Obamas first term. They used it to piss off middle class america with policies middle class america didn't want (like obamacare). right or wrong doesn't matter in this case. People voted out the democrats because they disagreed with them.

    It takes a great amount of patriotism to just say "no" against something you completely stand against. This is politics at its finest and its worst. If one president tries to pass policy saying the sky is orange, while the other side wholeheartedly believe the sky is red, then the two sides will disagree no matter what the truth is.

    Why does everyone assume we need to fix everything by passing more laws. It would be far better to leave the average man well and good enough alone. We need to get back to making money, not passing more laws to restrict commerce.

    If Trump starts to do stupid things with his newfound power, I fully expect the democrats to just say no to all of his policies and win more of a majority. We need to give him a chance.
    He has his chance. Unfortunatly he can't stay off of twitter long enough to stop making a international scene every other day. He is already making stupid mistakes and he isn't even the president yet. He's bumbling around blindly in a china shop...
    Democrats got voted out because after 8 years of 1 party in the whitehouse it is almost unheard of for them to win 4 more years. People tend to be ready for a change. It's not like there was some huge showing of support for Trump. Was one of the worst voter turn outs in recent memory. Neither choice inspired America to get to the voting booths. Any other republican candidate probably would have won the popular vote as well.
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-12-2016 at 02:06.

  10. #85
    Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Palem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    Any other republican candidate probably would have won the popular vote as well.
    I disagree with that. Trump's big selling point was that he was an outsider. He was the only one capable of fixing the corrupt politicians because he wasn't a politician*

    *not my claim. I bear no responsibility for the gullibility of others

  11. #86
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I disagree with that. Trump's big selling point was that he was an outsider. He was the only one capable of fixing the corrupt politicians because he wasn't a politician*

    *not my claim. I bear no responsibility for the gullibility of others
    Eh... Hard to say. He left many votes on the table with his rhetoric. Even republicans were having a hard time supporting the guy. Seems the Tea Party has taken over the republican party.

  12. #87
    Post Fiend brandonc204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I disagree with that. Trump's big selling point was that he was an outsider. He was the only one capable of fixing the corrupt politicians because he wasn't a politician*

    *not my claim. I bear no responsibility for the gullibility of others
    I agree with Palem, Trump won because of the perception that he is an outsider. Working class people want effective change. That's what Trump was trying to sell.

    The average guy just wants a good job so they can spend more time at home with their family. Normal people don't think that much about things like gender identity, who someone else wants to marry, or other sideshows like if planned parenthood is good or evil. I know everyone has opinions on these things, but the average person just wants to get on with it.

  13. #88
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    768
    Trump just canceled a order for new air force ones. Why because it was 4 billion dollars. Government waste and abuse has gotten completely out of control. Fyi Obama promised to fix this problem but never did. If anything he spent ridiculous amounts of money on vacations and golfing. While the rest of us have to actually work for a living our commander and chief just golfed 90% of the time.

  14. #89
    Post Fiend brandonc204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Trump just canceled a order for new air force ones. Why because it was 4 billion dollars. Government waste and abuse has gotten completely out of control. Fyi Obama promised to fix this problem but never did. If anything he spent ridiculous amounts of money on vacations and golfing. While the rest of us have to actually work for a living our commander and chief just golfed 90% of the time.
    In the defense of Boeing, they said they were only under contract for a $170 million plane. The Air Force said it was complicated.

    But like you said If true, they should cancel it.

  15. #90
    Enthusiast JohnnyReid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    SPARTAAA!!
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Trump just canceled a order for new air force ones. Why because it was 4 billion dollars. Government waste and abuse has gotten completely out of control. Fyi Obama promised to fix this problem but never did. If anything he spent ridiculous amounts of money on vacations and golfing. While the rest of us have to actually work for a living our commander and chief just golfed 90% of the time.
    Wrong. I read on breitbart he golfed 80% of the time, spent 19% at mosques praying to Allah.

    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Democrats are smart to promise education because it's honestly just a scam.
    You heard it here first on uto forums, folks. #educationisademocratscam
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 07-12-2016 at 08:11.
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •