Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Barrack Obama = Jimmy Carter 2.0

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    We need to give him a chance.
    No.

Explaination: see your post

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:01.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    He has already done something and most people are responding negatively.

The middle class is never going to be happy because the fact of the matter is that unskilled laborers jobs are going to 1 of 2 places. Either

1. Countries that can pay basically slave wages or
    2. Full automation that requires 1 big payment and then no more wages (outside of repairs and stuff like that)

The next best thing they can do is pay illegals to work here to get around our wages. After that, I can only dole out the same advise that's been given out to my generation for as long as I can remember. Stop being lazy, get a skill, and get a job.

Veteran
    I personally know many people who have degrees who could not find jobs. The problem with opinions is everyone has one. Same goes with a degree if everyone has one it doesn't mean sh*t. Democrats are smart to promise education because it's honestly just a scam. College degree has become the new high school diploma just you have to pay for it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Speaking from personal experience and as someone with an engineering degree, being layed off sucks and is sometimes completely beyond your control. Not everyone who experiences a bout of unemployment is being lazy.

but yes, a lot of people need to get off their butt and get to work. especially those folks who have the time to protest a pipeline in north dakota for months.
    Yes, I know. Was being sarcastic. Any millennial that doesn't have a full time job, paying a mortgage on a house and possibly married and starting a family is almost universally considered a lazy, free loading, entitled, government leech, at least if you ask anyone over 50.

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Democrats are smart to promise education because it's honestly just a scam.
    I lol'ed. Handofthrawn seems like someone that would say "Get your danged done book learnin and so called "facts" outta here!"

Regular
    Double post
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-12-2016 at 02:02.

Regular
    After G.W.Bush, the democrats won a super majority in Obamas first term. They used it to piss off middle class america with policies middle class america didn't want (like obamacare). right or wrong doesn't matter in this case. People voted out the democrats because they disagreed with them.

It takes a great amount of patriotism to just say "no" against something you completely stand against. This is politics at its finest and its worst. If one president tries to pass policy saying the sky is orange, while the other side wholeheartedly believe the sky is red, then the two sides will disagree no matter what the truth is.

Why does everyone assume we need to fix everything by passing more laws. It would be far better to leave the average man well and good enough alone. We need to get back to making money, not passing more laws to restrict commerce.

If Trump starts to do stupid things with his newfound power, I fully expect the democrats to just say no to all of his policies and win more of a majority. We need to give him a chance.
    He has his chance. Unfortunatly he can't stay off of twitter long enough to stop making a international scene every other day. He is already making stupid mistakes and he isn't even the president yet. He's bumbling around blindly in a china shop...
    Democrats got voted out because after 8 years of 1 party in the whitehouse it is almost unheard of for them to win 4 more years. People tend to be ready for a change. It's not like there was some huge showing of support for Trump. Was one of the worst voter turn outs in recent memory. Neither choice inspired America to get to the voting booths. Any other republican candidate probably would have won the popular vote as well.
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-12-2016 at 02:06.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    Any other republican candidate probably would have won the popular vote as well.
    I disagree with that. Trump's big selling point was that he was an outsider. He was the only one capable of fixing the corrupt politicians because he wasn't a politician*

*not my claim. I bear no responsibility for the gullibility of others

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I disagree with that. Trump's big selling point was that he was an outsider. He was the only one capable of fixing the corrupt politicians because he wasn't a politician*

*not my claim. I bear no responsibility for the gullibility of others
    Eh... Hard to say. He left many votes on the table with his rhetoric. Even republicans were having a hard time supporting the guy. Seems the Tea Party has taken over the republican party.

Veteran
    Trump just canceled a order for new air force ones. Why because it was 4 billion dollars. Government waste and abuse has gotten completely out of control. Fyi Obama promised to fix this problem but never did. If anything he spent ridiculous amounts of money on vacations and golfing. While the rest of us have to actually work for a living our commander and chief just golfed 90% of the time.

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 08:00.

Trump just canceled a order for new air force ones. Why because it was 4 billion dollars. Government waste and abuse has gotten completely out of control. Fyi Obama promised to fix this problem but never did. If anything he spent ridiculous amounts of money on vacations and golfing. While the rest of us have to actually work for a living our commander and chief just golfed 90% of the time.
    Wrong. I read on breitbart he golfed 80% of the time, spent 19% at mosques praying to Allah.

Democrats are smart to promise education because it's honestly just a scam.
    You heard it here first on uto forums, folks. #educationisademocratscam
    Last edited by JohnnyReid; 07-12-2016 at 08:11.
    'Then he must get beard' - Mitch at 6:52am, 5.4.16, in response to 'he said "One day when I grow up I want to be like Mitch"' gg

Thread Information