Thread: It is impossible to believe in Evolution and not be a racist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    again there's no long term benefit. It doesn't build prestige and it doesn't build wealth. In fact it does the opposite.

I do see the insidious way in which they spread their propaganda. I entirely agree with you on that. It's indeed the way they go about.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    again there's no long term benefit. It doesn't build prestige and it doesn't build wealth. In fact it does the opposite.

I do see the insidious way in which they spread their propaganda. I entirely agree with you on that. It's indeed the way they go about.
    I guess we have to agree to disagree on the first point then :P
    Because I think it's a very long term goal to consolidate and concentrate power and to build power structures to support their rule.
    It's the same thing we've seen in the middle east for centuries(and in the west during the dark ages), keep the population religious(or make them) and ignorant and you just need to control the clergy because the clergy controls the unwashed masses.
    Uneducated(or badly educated) superstitious people are easier to control, you just convince them that whatever you want is "GOD's" will.
    It may do the opposite of building wealth in general but it can still build wealth for the people doing it by giving them a much increased share of the smaller pie.

And personally I think it's better to assume that they're acting with nefarious intent rather than insanity even if it turns out they weren't later because if you do the opposite and you're wrong they'll win because by the time people wise up it'll already be too late.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 15-11-2014 at 14:21.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I guess we have to agree to disagree on the first point then :P
    Because I think it's a very long term goal to consolidate and concentrate power and to build power structures to support their rule.
    It's the same thing we've seen in the middle east for centuries(and in the west during the dark ages), keep the population religious(or make them) and ignorant and you just need to control the clergy because the clergy controls the unwashed masses.
    Uneducated(or badly educated) superstitious people are easier to control, you just convince them that whatever you want is "GOD's" will.
    It may do the opposite of building wealth in general but it can still build wealth for the people doing it by giving them a much increased share of the smaller pie.

And personally I think it's better to assume that they're acting with nefarious intent rather than insanity even if it turns out they weren't later because if you do the opposite and you're wrong they'll win because by the time people wise up it'll already be too late.

yay for peasant kingdoms, maritime republics, and Frisian freedom ;)

as to nefarious
    iniquitous often derives from insanity, frequently cluster B, particularly anti-social tendencies. And those tendencies are very destructive and so not building prestige and wealth. In fact quite the opposite. Said governments tend to have short lifespans.
    Last edited by freemehul; 15-11-2014 at 22:55.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    as to nefarious
    iniquitous often derives from insanity, frequently cluster B, particularly anti-social tendencies. And those tendencies are very destructive and so not building prestige and wealth. In fact quite the opposite. Said governments tend to have short lifespans.
    Yes but can(and quite often are) be tremendously profitable for those in charge i they have the cunning to get out before the **** hit's the fan, and while they're in power their power is usually fairly absolute.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Thread Information