Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: It is impossible to believe in Evolution and not be a racist

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    What's wrong with wikipedia? It's just as reliable as Encyclopaedia Britannica. Is that not a reliable source of information?
    Ahhhhhhh..

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    For the sake of Encyclopaedia Britannica, I do hope you are wrong, because, I know Wikipedia is very flawed, often times.
    It didn't have to be super-accurate tho. I was just interested in getting some additional information on that particular aspect since I sure as hell didn't want to comment on the rest of the post I quoted.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by chalsdk View Post
    Evolution holes
    What holes? unfortunately with an argument for Evolution v Creationism or Intelligent Design, one side has to use available evidence while the other can throw around all sorts of nonsense. What can be presented without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

Evolution is a Fact: We know species evolve over time with slight mutations between generations and driven by natural selection. We do not know every single step in that process but we have overwhelming evidence to support the theory of evolution to know that evolution itself happened and continues to happen.

What people struggle to comprehend is just how slow this process is. There is no big jump from one species to another. It takes hundreds of thousands or millions of years before you can consider something to be a different species. We do not go to bed as a young person and wake up the next old. It's a slow process.

and if you think you cannot be Christian,Muslim, Jewish and support evolution. Here is a video dedicated in saying otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDJksG3gKw

"Why Female"
    Organisms didn't just wake up one day and start having sex. It would have been a very different form to what we see today. https://www.thedodo.com/meet-the-anc...775002597.html.

Creation and int. design is not the same thing.
    Explain to me the theory of creation and/or intelligent design using scientific examples. I have yet to see a theory, all I see are attacks on so called "holes" in evolution.

There is no Contradictions in the bible.
    Seriously? whenever there is a contradiction someone will just say its a metaphor for something else, or it's not meant to be taken literally.

I could list contradictions but will it really help? I think you are so sure of yourself that no amount of evidence will convince you otherwise.

I do not care if you believe in god or not. If you think you hear voices from god, fine. This is not the topic. I cannot disprove god like you cannot disprove there are no unicorns or tooth faeries. So until the day I find evidence that unicorns exist, I will continue assuming they do not.
    Last edited by Craigus; 06-01-2015 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigus View Post
    Explain to me the theory of creation and/or intelligent design using scientific examples. I have yet to see a theory, all I see are attacks on so called "holes" in evolution.
    I already provided the philosophical argument known as the First Cause Argument as the basis for Creationism.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    I already provided the philosophical argument known as the First Cause Argument as the basis for Creationism.
    Philosophical yes, scientific no. You have to assume the universe needs a cause, if God is an uncaused cause then why can't the universe be an uncaused cause? why complicate things by creating a god? The first cause will always lead us to the beginning of time 13.82 billion years ago, does anything exist before time? we just don't know. Either way it has nothing to do with Darwin's Theory of evolution. The cosmological argument is more of a pantheist argument than an argument for the belief in a personal or Abrahamic god as explained in the bible.

Evolution does not explain how life began. It is not trying to answer the first cause. It is a theory that explains how we went from single celled organisms to life as we see today.
    Last edited by Craigus; 06-01-2015 at 09:23.

Organisms didn't just wake up one day and start having sex. It would have been a very different form to what we see today. https://www.thedodo.com/meet-the-anc...775002597.html.
    With what? The odds of that one mutation is patatic small, the odds that the male is there is none exist..

Post Fiend
    With what? The odds of that one mutation is patatic small, the odds that the male is there is none exist..
    unlikely things happen ALL THE TIME. There have been likely billions of different species on this Earth so the chances of one organism out of billions having a particular mutation are damn high. The chance of me winning the lottery with a single entry is about one in 45million but because of the amount of people who enter there as a winner almost every week.

Want to answer my other questions too or do you want to ignore those like you do the contradictions in your holy book?
    Last edited by Craigus; 06-01-2015 at 12:37.

unlikely things happen ALL THE TIME. There have been likely billions of different species on this Earth so the chances of one organism out of billions having a particular mutation are damn high. The chance of me winning the lottery with a single entry is about one in 45million but because of the amount of people who enter there as a winner almost every week.

Want to answer my other questions too or do you want to ignore those like you do the contradictions in your holy book?
    Serius - you got to be ****ting me. Unicorns ->http://carm.org/bible-unicorn

Philosophical yes, scientific no. You have to assume the universe needs a cause, if God is an uncaused cause then why can't the universe be an uncaused cause? why complicate things by creating a god? The first cause will always lead us to the beginning of time 13.82 billion years ago, does anything exist before time? we just don't know. Either way it has nothing to do with Darwin's Theory of evolution. The cosmological argument is more of a pantheist argument than an argument for the belief in a personal or Abrahamic god as explained in the bible.

Evolution does not explain how life began. It is not trying to answer the first cause. It is a theory that explains how we went from single celled organisms to life as we see today.
    You should read the article I attached to my post :) It addresses a lot of what you're saying. Also, I only posted that to address the person I quoted who was saying there is absolutely no foundation for believing in God. Also, there is no observable evidence that anything evolved from one species to another. We can observe evolution WITHIN species today, but nobody has ever observed one species changing into another. So in a funny way, evolution is its own religion.

FORUM CHALLENGE: Among all the believers of evolution in this thread, surely someone can provide a SCIENTIFICALLY OBSERVED piece of evidence that one species changed into another. I will read any and all links provided except wikipedia articles. And don't turn this around and ask me to provide the same about God. The point I'm making here is that believing in evolution takes as much if not more faith than believing in God. Evolution does not place its foundation on science any more than a religion does.
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 06-01-2015 at 14:02.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

FORUM CHALLENGE: Among all the believers of evolution in this thread, surely someone can provide a SCIENTIFICALLY OBSERVED piece of evidence that one species changed into another. I will read any and all links provided except wikipedia articles. And don't turn this around and ask me to provide the same about God. The point I'm making here is that believing in evolution takes as much if not more faith than believing in God. Evolution does not place its foundation on science any more than a religion does.
    Darwinian evolution does not exist - so ofc not.

Darwinian evolution does not exist - so ofc not.
    Try to have an open mind. I am both a Christian and an institutional researcher, so I've had a lot of experience researching and even developing supporting arguments for things I don't agree with. It's fine if you disagree with Darwinian evolution, but try to look at it through the lens of people that agree with it. Believing something is about more than knowing WHAT you believe. You need to know WHY you believe it, and as Christians that answer is NOT "Because the Bible tells me so". People that say "I believe in evolution because of the facts", it is not a "fact" that species evolved from one another. It has never been directly observed; it has only ever been inferred, which is neither a fact or science. It's faith. I believe in Christianity because I have critically observed the alternatives and they all break down on either a scientific level, a theological level, or a philosophical level.

Try to have an open mind. I am both a Christian and an institutional researcher, so I've had a lot of experience researching and even developing supporting arguments for things I don't agree with. It's fine if you disagree with Darwinian evolution, but try to look at it through the lens of people that agree with it. Believing something is about more than knowing WHAT you believe. You need to know WHY you believe it, and as Christians that answer is NOT "Because the Bible tells me so". People that say "I believe in evolution because of the facts", it is not a "fact" that species evolved from one another. It has never been directly observed; it has only ever been inferred, which is neither a fact or science. It's faith. I believe in Christianity because I have critically observed the alternatives and they all break down on either a scientific level, a theological level, or a philosophical level.
    O I used to be a hardcore evolutionist - so I have a quite open mind since now I am a fully blown christian. So I KNOW both side quite well. IF you take it real hardcore both is about faith - evolution or creation. I just find creation alot easyer to belive in, the odds are simply higher.

Post Fiend
    You should read the article I attached to my post :) It addresses a lot of what you're saying. Also, I only posted that to address the person I quoted who was saying there is absolutely no foundation for believing in God. Also, there is no observable evidence that anything evolved from one species to another. We can observe evolution WITHIN species today, but nobody has ever observed one species changing into another. So in a funny way, evolution is its own religion.

So basically you want to witness magic? If we witnessed one species magically turn into another in our short lifetime then the theory of evolution is wrong. Evolution takes many many many generations. We have seen the same species of lizard spread and evolve until they can no longer breed. Is that still considered the same species?

Do you accept plate tectonics? they have never been witnessed.
    Did you accept the existence of atoms before they were observed?

So basically if there is a crime scene where a murder has taken place, we have finger print evidence, DNA, murder weapon etc. Should we dismiss all the evidence because we didn't OBSERVE the murder taking place?

Evolution has DNA, Embryo, Fossil, Gene and MORE evidence to support the theory. Yet that is not enough for you, you want to witness a MIRACLE!

Post Fiend
    O I used to be a hardcore evolutionist - so I have a quite open mind since now I am a fully blown christian. So I KNOW both side quite well. IF you take it real hardcore both is about faith - evolution or creation. I just find creation alot easyer to belive in, the odds are simply higher.
    You obviously do not know evolution very well. Still waiting for those holes mate.

Of course creation is easier to believe. Our imaginations are far less complicated and interesting than the universe we live in. We are not wired to know quantum mechanics, because its hard to understand does that mean it doesn't exist because it is difficult?

Post Fiend
    Keep an open mind but not so open that your brain falls out

you can disagree with evolution after you understand what the evidence is. I agree with it because it is by far the most probable answer. Science doesn't deal with absolute truths like your religion does. Christianity pretends to have all the answers because they cannot admit when they do not know.

Thread Information