Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honor still in exists in Utopia

Post Demon

Honor still in exists in Utopia

With many Kingdoms nowadays trying their best to stretch the laws of interpretation of words and rules to get an advantage, getting into EoA wars just for the fun of it and not surrendering, there is one Kingdom that deserves an honorable mention:

Death from Above (DfA).

One of their province made a hit into our KD a 3 days ago. We retalled x2. They retalled back a few more times, we did a few hits, then they hit on and gave us the button. This might all sound very familiar, were it not that DfA was aproximately 75% of our size. I decided to wait 2-3 hours to get a few people online for a wave. But by then we had grown too much, so I had to order my dwarves to raze buildings to drop our NW to get the button again. We did so, and war started. Not just NW-wise but activity wise there was a huge gap between the two Kingdoms, yet DfA kept fighting honorable, completely wrecking my huge faery province (I had released thieves/wizzards a few days before as we expected to do growth only until EoA). Even though I was 2x the NW of their biggest province, they took me down from 65K peasants to 2k peasants, controlling my economy completely in the process taking down my honor from 5400 to 4500.

It was then that I got into contact with their Monarch, and after a few nice chats he told me that he wouldn't mind surrendering as we were clearly besting them. He had no reason to do so, and I told him that if he didn't we'd understand and not blame them as it's quite common to not surrender so close EoA. He decided though that a 7.3M vs 4.3M NW situation was reason for him to surrender, and so he did this hour.

Thumbs up for this great person, part of an honorable Kingdom.

The Ancient Spartans officially nominate DfA for the fairplay award for this age!

Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post

One of their province made a hit into our KD a 3 days ago. We retalled x2. They retalled back a few more times, we did a few hits, then they hit on and gave us the button. This might all sound very familiar, were it not that DfA was aproximately 75% of our size. I decided to wait 2-3 hours to get a few people online for a wave. But by then we had grown too much, so I had to order my dwarves to raze buildings to drop our NW to get the button again. We did so, and war started. Not just NW-wise but activity wise there was a huge gap between the two Kingdoms, yet DfA kept fighting honorable, completely wrecking my huge faery province (I had released thieves/wizzards a few days before as we expected to do growth only until EoA). Even though I was 2x the NW of their biggest province, they took me down from 65K peasants to 2k peasants, controlling my economy completely in the process taking down my honor from 5400 to 4500 ...
    Such honor
    http://www.upoopu.com/: an intel repository (or: "pimp alternative") for utopia (read the guide).

Post Demon
    Let anyone step forward who wouldn't press the button after a smaller KD retals too much and stupidly gives you the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda9To5 View Post
    Such honor
    He wasnt nominating his own kd for merits, but his opponent for being fair and just.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    He wasnt nominating his own kd for merits, but his opponent for being fair and just.
    They were probably just being nice. There's a difference.

Regular
    Thumbs up for both the KD

Agreed props to both

if you didn't play in nub war kds, people wouldn't refuse to surrender. For some reason nub war kds refuse to believe they're losing.
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Needs to get out more
    We're not all robots down here, no offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    if you didn't play in nub war kds
    Thanks for the heads up. I hope you enjoy being part of that part of the community that tries to kick the life out of well-meaning individuals trying to enjoy this game
    Last edited by Bukharistan; 14-10-2014 at 21:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    if you didn't play in nub war kds, people wouldn't refuse to surrender. For some reason nub war kds refuse to believe they're losing.
    Why do you bring this garbage to a thread that actually makes the game seem decent? These threads are few and far between, stick your epeen somewhere else.
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Why do you bring this garbage to a thread that actually makes the game seem decent? These threads are few and far between, stick your epeen somewhere else.
    i have a pretty tiny epeen and don't care what anyone thinks of me. this thread makes it sound like there is no honor anywhere in the game, when wars in the top generally have very honorable endings. it's the small wars that go on for days and days and make people quit. so before you claim that the top kds are ruining the community, go find the last time a top kd tricked a kd into war, chart shaped by land dropping to their friends (simians doesn't count as a top kd), or caused people to quit because they refused to surrender.
    #Beastblood

Post Demon
    this thread makes it sound like there is no honor anywhere in the game, when wars in the top generally have very honorable endings.
    Wars in the top have calculated endings. Every player/leader thinks about what's best for his or her Kingdom at any given moment, including keeping their reputation up. I could see a top-KD surrendering before EoA in order to create goodwill that can later be used. But it's still calculated. This guy had no reason whatsoever to surrender other than decency.

Anyways, this wasn't an attack on those top-KDs, nowhere did I even mention them. If anything you should know that I would contrast the turn of events with my own experience, which is what you would deem ghetto-experience.

we (a kd i used to lead with a couple other people) were once asked by the leader of a very large and long lasting alliance that we were in, to stay in war with a kd (led by a brilliant strategist that is in my kd now) so that the kd that thoroughly beat us couldn't pump nw and a kd in our alliance would win nw crown. we said "eff you" to said alliance leader, because the kd that just beat us deserved the crown. we WD for no reason but decency and respect.

yes, you're right. most wars are calculated wds to either "hit and run" and be up acres, or to prevent losing more. but aren't smaller wars the same? aren't they mostly calculated? you realize you can't gain honor, or the ww and wd? the difference is you don't often get the stubborness at the time that you sometimes get in the lower tiers. the continuing war for the sake of not giving up even if you're getting dominated, doesn't really exist at the top.

To me, a calculated WD IS a sign of respect. It's saying "we can't go on any longer without losing our butts." Its basically just a tip of the hat and sign of respect. Much like when a Batter tips his hat to a Pitcher after striking out. He didnt' come out and say "man you got me good.", but it's just a little sign to let the pitcher know "that was a good pitch, i'll look for it next time."
    #Beastblood

Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    they took me down from 65K peasants to 2k peasants, controlling my economy completely in the process taking down my honor from 5400 to 4500.
    thumbs up for attempted pk
    Utopia troll wannabe

bored, thought i'd pop by and say hi rofl

Thread Information