Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question about homes.

Forum Fanatic
    lol, tell people the truth and they repeat the same mistakes over and over. -_- keep looking at static numbers, but please don't do that if you're playing in a kingdom with me...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    Actually not true. Sci bonus only has to 9.6% to get 137% BE on dwarf 66% jobs filled.
    close :p

lol, tell people the truth and they repeat the same mistakes over and over. -_- keep looking at static numbers, but please don't do that if you're playing in a kingdom with me...
    In war anything can happen, its just a matter of how you are going to react to it. Builds can change as acres are traded/lost or when opped, BUT I go into war with the maximum BE which takes awhile to drop, and the largest effective army I can get, etc, making me stronger and more adaptable than other attackers. Why go into war with a sub-optimal prov? The build I am using is very flexible and I can convert it to a heavy attacker's build comparable to other races while retaining the high BE%, thanks to the fact that lower % of buildings are much more efficient. Anyway, 150%+ BE by EOA for me :p

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dieaready View Post
    Just some stats from my province...
    75 max mod OPA
    66.6 max mod DPA
    Are these numbers supposed to impress? Its like you are trying to pick up chicks in a geo metro.

Forum Fanatic
    why is something so simple made into something so complicated by noobs?

Post Demon
    Don't think it's simple and obvious noobium. Homes just seem to work in lower-tier gameplay. Peeps have way more probs with proper peasant control so the BR helps, among other things :)

Veteran
    Homes can be nice kd-wide, dunno what you guys are sayin

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare_ View Post
    Homes can be nice kd-wide, dunno what you guys are sayin
    Agreed, if you're using homes as part of a planned kingdom build, it makes sense to have all of your attackers (or designated provinces) using them. The problem is when someone tries to run homes on their own, and can't get their kingdom to go along with using them; or, when they are unable to plan their provinces to use homes in a way that is beneficial. For some reason, some people here are harping on having BE maxed out at some stupidly low draft rate, which is not the way homes should be used.

At lower levels is where kingdoms shouldn't use homes, because their kingdoms don't have the organization to properly leverage those homes into something good. You might win bashing some ghettos, but you can bash ghettos with just about anything.

Veteran
    Edit:
    I take it back... need delete post option
    Last edited by 2Utopian; 22-10-2014 at 17:20.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    Edit:
    I take it back... need delete post option
    There is a delete post option though!

wait... now I can't find it. I've deleted posts before though... Evidently it's only in certain forums, works in the Utopia News forum
    Last edited by CannaWhoopazz; 22-10-2014 at 19:02. Reason: My life is a lie
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

Post Demon
    My homes worked just fine this war ;)

was massacred 4 times pre-war, but was up to pop in no time (kidnappings, LP, and +75% BR). Loved it :)

Veteran
    What are the special considerations for TMs with homes? I've seen some strats running near 50% on a pure mage.

Post Demon
    I usually run about 25-30% as a TM, depending on time in the age and sci.

Veteran
    More in early age before your pop sci comes in a-blazin?

Forum Fanatic
    Homes are better if you have population science and military science (and every other science, actually).

Post Fiend
    Just finished a war, got semi-chained each day after day 1 after constantly massacring their t/ms and spamming expose thieves on their rogues. Lost a decent amount of troops to overpop BUT still ended with more def/off than other attackers. In the course of the acre trades each day I didn't bother building homes and focused on building the usual TG/rax/etc and my BE never dropped below 128%. Max BE I hit was 143%+ after the chains.

After initial pop losses from the hits I was fine, running max wages and still making some money despite plague/riots. Only ran neg income on second day, and even then it was less than 10k gc.

Overall it was a pretty good war. High home % serves its purpose and can be very effective whether it is used by individuals or as a kd strat.

Started war with 31.8 pop/acre and 139% BE. Probably going to exit eowcf with 32.5 pop/acre and 142% BE.

Thread Information