Thread: Grand Arson and Arson

Grand Arson and Arson

Has anyone tried these out yet?

If so, Id appreciate knowing the kind of gains/op and whether the formulae for no of thieves to send / building remains the same.

Post Demon
    Will do so soon enough :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    GA has been used to great effect in our war

Enthusiast
    Great effect means nothing. If you want to help give thieves sent and buildings burnt.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I have none of that data. I do have a good, active TM telling he all his towers have been burned down.

Enthusiast
    Guess we'll have to wait Persain then to go to war and give numbers :)

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by skoyl12 View Post
    Guess we'll have to wait Persain then to go to war and give numbers :)
    at war, wont be using GA till mid age. the fact that "all" your towers can be destroyed though suggests that its a flat # of builds/theif instead of % buildings like it used to bed.

Forum Addict
    I got the numbers, ask me on utonet (nick:munk)

Veteran
    Got 11 homes with about 2k thieves several times in a row. I'm on 460ish acres, target was similar.

So far I have done a few Greater Arsons. I went by the numbers in the wiki.

They had 97 acres of training grounds to start. According to wiki you can burn max 6% at a rate of .0045 buildings per soldier so to burn max I would send (97*.06)/.0045 = 1293 thieves to get max burned (5.82 buildings). When I did this I got exactly what I expected - 5 buildings burned. Increased thieves to 2000 sent - still 5 buildings burned. Send 500 -> 2 buildings burned. So I would say go by the wiki numbers would be a pretty good way to figure out how much to send.

I also targeted someone who had 41 of some building X to start with. 6% of 41 is 2.46 and no matter what I sent I only burned 2 buildings at a time , once it got under 30 acres I was only burning 1 acre max at a time .

Right now most provinces are still pretty small so not too much data to work with but I will be using this again in our next war when we are bigger.

I assume with the formula in the wiki you should be slowly decreasing how much you send per op since the max gains are smaller after each op.

Post Demon
    But the wiki formula should be out-dated, as it was buffed...

Even if it changed, the changes to a number like .06 and .0045 might not really show up when I'm working with numbers this small. I just started off with using old formula cause I don't know where else to start but I plan on keeping track of the numbers again when I am working on bigger provinces later in the age

Thread Information