Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyro + CR = New alliance ?

Postaholic

Pyro + CR = New alliance ?

one could begin to wonder if Pyro and CR is now working together using the same lame tactics vs small ghetto or semmi active kingdoms.

Right when they get out of war they get a msg give up acers on the big province or they will be taken from you and alot worse.

I know abs in the past done lame ****, but this the new abs ?

Where is the honor in fighting for your acers or the risk when making a hit the small kingdom might retal, aint it cutting it close to the same as making a deal in war acers for honor or ww.

i know we got new management now days but in the past the game was about big risk big rewards not msg to make Deals.

Good work Pyro.

Postaholic
    Should say i seen this from CR in the past not this age, but try ask around in smaller kingdoms, pyro name will pop up, even new provinceses joining the kingdoms and telling everyone growing to big is stupid and hurtfull so they should take the deals.
    Im not saying small kingdoms should grow big, im saying atleast hitting people leave you with the risk of getting retal, setting up deals and making it sound like if they dont take it they get gb.

That for sure aint how i remember you gain acers.
    Last edited by Mike^; 19-10-2014 at 14:41.

Forum Addict
    It's called clever gameplay nowadays, just like arranged wars, science and/or honor vs. acres deals etc.

Welcome to the new world.

Director of Age Changes
    Beggars.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    It's called clever gameplay nowadays, just like arranged wars, science and/or honor vs. acres deals etc.

Welcome to the new world.
    But this is against the rules, im sure if utopia had the police as it use to it would not happen, but sadly it dont so now kingdoms like this set the new order.

ok, not involved in this so I am just curious.

I think many kingdoms have done/do this. Some KD is popping out of war and they ask if they will permit the land drop as opposed to just hitting. They could do it either way, so what is the problem with just asking up front? Isn't that diplomacy? If you know a warring KD wants to be smaller and not grow and you ask them for the acres nicely in an organized fashion and its not in war, so no fake war.... why is that against the rules?

I know of at least two kingdoms that do this so why is pyro special for this?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Postaholic
    well i namede the 2 kingdom i know who did this, and im asking the forum what they take on it.
    my take is clear you work for your acers you take the risk, there is the diffrence to me.

But i gusse i just see it diffrent then same size kingdoms make deals compared to when you bully small defenceless kingdoms.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike^ View Post
    my take is clear you work for your acers you take the risk, there is the diffrence to me.
    They're taking less acres for less risk. What's the problem?

Director of Age Changes
    Pay the iron price for your acres, no handouts.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Avenger... the kraken.... he does no sow

What are they threatening to do Mike? Not that it much matters. If I am in a small war KD and all I want is to be free from randoms from the top 10 KDs, I am more than happy to take a land-drop for a cf and let them have acres later as and when I request. Its how I prefer to manage my size and have wars at the size I want with no interference from the large kd's. I can then just move up later once the KD has gelled and I feel its ready to move up higher. There is nothing wrong with that imho. Also, as I move up I have some goodwill partners that will help me with advice and guidance because we had nice relations before and they know I am not going to be screwing with them. All in all how is this, in its essence, different from taking a full wave and then agreeing to a CF as post wave diplomacy. Doing diplomacy before waving? Is that what is bad?
    Last edited by Sheister; 19-10-2014 at 15:09.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    They're taking less acres for less risk. What's the problem?
    why are they taking less acers, if i random some kingdom out of war and my kingdom mate do same its very unlikly to be more then that, but if i demand acers as in this case from there top provinces and removed the rest and get a set number and take it from any amount of provinces, normal you would need to make sure you dont give off to many releations to the given kingdom, as they could mess up your bank plans or what now.

Risk removed for more gains.

why are you bringing up things that have been going on every age for 63 ages?
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Postaholic
    because its still a valid point even how long its been going on, funny how i dont recall once in my 40 ages of utopia where this was going on.
    1-40.

You waved or ordered x amount of hits or even random people sure, but always at a risk.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Your kingdom earns all your acres through attacking kds that would war you Mike?

Mike, I told you to calm down in our PM...

First, the topic is misleading. We are not allies with CR, and we are independent. I think all whoring kingdoms are currently independent and are not working together.

I was the 1 that made those PMs. First, I start off by congratulating the winning kingdom on their win. And then I proceed to mention that they have a few oversized provinces. I would state that it's not beneficial to have such oversized provinces relatively to the core if they were to prepare/find for the next war. I would then ask if they need a LD.

Usually I get 3 different replies.

a) Yes, sure we will LD.

My reply: Let's arrange the LD.

b) No, we dont need the LD. We want to keep those provinces big.

My reply: Sure, no problem. I understand. But do note that the other whoring kingdoms will be targeting your oversized provinces also, so you might get hit after all. In addition, I will mention that I wont be telling my guys who to hit and who not to hit, and if any province in my kingdom does in fact hit your province... it's due to their target hunting skills and realised it's a good target to hit. I never said I wont hit

c) No, we dont need the LD. We have another war arranged with XX:XX and need to keep the acres.

My reply: Good luck with the war :) Alot of times, when these kingdoms ask me to CF them so that they can get ready for their war. We will CF them.

All in all, I have never threatened a kingdom when doing landdrops. Please kindly find me logs of that.
    (oooo cJ's typical UNDERLINED BOLD forum posts!)
    --

I believe I/Nesta have written to many kingdoms before, and all of them can vouch to the answers we gave to the 3 different types of responses above. If you are 1 of those monarches from the past ages, I hope you can post something here?

I believe alot of whoring kingdoms does LDing also. I can name at least 3 other whoring kingdoms that do it.

---

Thanks and have a good Sunday

-cJ
    Last edited by TheOne; 19-10-2014 at 16:01.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Thread Information