Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of us are trying to war. GTFO

Post Demon
    So what you're saying is you've rounded up a posse that will punish players for not playing in a way you agree with.

...sound familiar?
    I've rounded up a posse that can ensure the other 20 individuals in my KD of having an agreeable game-experience. They're all hard-working fella's, many with kids. They still get a thrill of the competition and fighting wars. Having outside razes will ruin their fun, so as a Monarch I will do anything that can ensure the 20 peeps in my KD are happy, anything. Most aren't involved enough to really understand what's happening, all they see is monarch message --> WAR, they come on utochat or LINE and ask me for targets. If they carry out their job well I give em a pat on the back, and it makes them happy. If they see outside razes they probably will have no idea what's happening, but they will be pissed off and their activity will drop once we start losing wars because of it.

But in all seriousness, do we really want to go to a game where every small wave is met with "We want 6 free retals, or we will send dragons all age and PK your provinces in war?"
    Which is why the community has to stand up now and say until here and no further. We have to take collective action to make sure this kind of behaviour is rooted out while we still can.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukharistan View Post
    I've rounded up a posse that can ensure the other 20 individuals in my KD of having an agreeable game-experience. They're all hard-working fella's, many with kids. They still get a thrill of the competition and fighting wars. Having outside razes will ruin their fun, so as a Monarch I will do anything that can ensure the 20 peeps in my KD are happy, anything. Most aren't involved enough to really understand what's happening, all they see is monarch message --> WAR, they come on utochat or LINE and ask me for targets. If they carry out their job well I give em a pat on the back, and it makes them happy. If they see outside razes they probably will have no idea what's happening, but they will be pissed off and their activity will drop once we start losing wars because of it.
    How about harassing a monarch to the point he considers quitting? Are those agreeable game-experiences?

Which is why the community has to stand up now and say until here and no further. We have to take collective action to make sure this kind of behaviour is rooted out while we still can.
    What behavior? I'm doing what you claim to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Those bits
    In regards to paragraph 2, it's an opinion molded by what's happened over past ages.

And what I said about posts being glossed over, still true. I spoke to smerjcd in a civil manner and also in the same way in WF. There are also others that did the same, yet they're not mentioned once.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0fanity View Post
    I am not the monarch and i post this without any leave. Anyways, any coordination is denied and your allegations are put to strict proof thereof.

By the way, being a MOD and descending into the arena of scandalous dispute with members of the utopia forum shows a lack of decorum.

Some may root for you, but i think you have lost the confidence of even many more.
    Palem can do as he wishes ingame. No more discussion about this will be allowed.

edit: bans will be handed out, this will be the only warning.
    Last edited by Bishop; 22-10-2014 at 14:16.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    How about harassing a monarch to the point he considers quitting? Are those agreeable game-experiences?
    Did you ever stop to consider your own role in this? That FREE would have zero reasons to even contact your monarch if you hadn't threatened to raze into their wars? That your newish monarch was almost pushed to the point of quitting because he didn't want to have to tell you to STFO or leave the kingdom?

I read the message he posted in his "I AM QUITTING" thread. It basically said if you don't reign in your rogue province that keeps harassing us we'll take action and you won't enjoy it. Pretty sure FREE is not the only kingdom to react in such a way after enough poking.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    and I would not have threatened to raze FREE if they would act the way they say they act

Also, regarding all of this "we talked to your monarch and he doesn't seem to be holding a grudge/you were a rogue province and you're the reason he almost quit" nonsense. He asked me stay after I talked him out of quitting and telling him what I was going to do. The kd was totally on board with messing with FREE this age. I wasn't acting a solo rogue province who was causing trouble for leadership. I was the one willing to get my hands dirty and actually do the deed. I left so they could just focus on having fun and get away from this FREE drama.

Get a clue.
    Last edited by Palem; 22-10-2014 at 14:28.

What makes it wrong?
    What makes it right?
    I was just like you. My parents died. I have to be strong for Serah, so I thought I needed to forget my past. And I became Lightning. I thought by changing my name, I could change who I was. I was just a kid. Lightning. It flashes bright, then fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Standing up to bad guys. Generally considered a good deed.

i wish i can send aid ingame to Palem's province ....runes,gcs, and peasants if possible... 1vs25 is quiet tough IMO :P
    P L A I D O V I A

well. lets make this clear.

1. by no means we support bigger people/kingdom bully smaller people/kingdom. smaller people can take their revenge hitting into bigger people wars ... its a fact. its acceptable. its one of their methods to hold their ground before bullies.
    2. by stating 1st point that doesnt mean we find it easy to acccept our fun war is disrupted, but cant do nothing about it, as FREE vs Palem issue should've been solved one way or the other before engaging into another conflict
    3. using forum to start a coalition vs FREE is bad, wrong, ... and editing ur first post of the topic that started it, it didnt really help. But there is no real reason to talk about Palem mod since it really has nothing to do with his ingame actions. This is on forum, game is a whole separate world. and so far it seems only u razed one province, not even killing it, so we can say ur forum campaign didnt inspire many followers.

Solutions for me are simple.
    1. Free talk to Palem and sort this thing out
    2. Free find ally and get him to deal with Palem
    3. Free and Palem declare war and pursue one eachother all the time until both parties reach a truce or one party gives up and leaves the game

i strongly support 1. of solutions since it can let the 50 people enjoying the current war focus on that and remember why they actually like the game instead of remembering one of the 100 reasons why they dislike it.

Forum Addict
    The kd was totally on board with messing with FREE this age.

I was the one willing to get my hands dirty and actually do the deed.
    Yep. Totally on board.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

Yep. Totally on board.
    Yet I was asked to stay. Both after the EoA razes last age and before leaving to start this this age. You can chalk it up to a timid monarch, but Osaze was in the kd as well. If my actions were unwelcomed he would have had no problem telling me to gtfo.

Less QQ, more PEWPEW! :D
    PEW PEW PEW!

Also, regarding all of this "we talked to your monarch and he doesn't seem to be holding a grudge/you were a rogue province and you're the reason he almost quit" nonsense.
    regarding that nonsense, here are the logs:

http://pastebin.com/s3UsGhFq

It goes on for another 20 mins, i could post the rest if theres a market for it. Essentially it ends up with him saying that he might not quit after all. Note that this was before the "FREE vs Palem" thread was started.

Quote Originally Posted by plm-kun View Post
    i strongly support 1. of solutions since it can let the 50 people enjoying the current war focus on that and remember why they actually like the game instead of remembering one of the 100 reasons why they dislike it.
    Palem doesnt want to talk. He just wants to grief. I asked what he wanted me to apologize for, he said "too late", and refused to answer the question.

Now a second province has started razing into our war, in a KD without a monarch so i cant CF it. Dont know what to do now. This situation sucks hard for FREE.
    FREE

This is actually pretty funny IMO. Sucks for the KD he's vowed to raze into but I'll *assume* that they deserve it? I wonder how long he can keep it up, though. Surely Palem has other things do and may find himself in a war of his own later? Why not just wait until then and raze him back then? Or keep a close eye and send random dragons to his KD? That's really the only way to make this stop or to make it even more entertaining for us outsiders to hear about :D

Palem said somewhere up there something about how if you don't do anything to warrant the response then you don't have to worry about it. And to take care of it, etc. Just wanted to say that I 100% agree with this point of view. If you do dirt, you get dirt.

Now keep us updated :)

Thread Information