Thread: Double standards much?

Forum Fanatic

Double standards much?

So Araqiel makes a thread stating which province Palem is without giving ANY actual co-ordinates and gets his thread/s closed banned, whilst Palem's thread is ok and non bannable even though he is pasting names from news linking them to FREE kingdom that people can instantly search in any chart to get the location?

I know posting news is legit but the way in which Palem is doing so (baring in mind it is a moderator and is looking totally childish) it is highlighting to everyone whom FREE are.

Sort it out Bishop. Be fair and lock Palem's thread as well or unlock Araqiel's thread as him saying province names and kingdom names is technically identical to what Palem is doing.

*edit* Ok saw Araqiel has 2 more open threads, but a ban is still too far. Be fair and ban Palem as well then.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The point of Araqiel's thread was to "exploit a loophole in the rules". You'll notice all of the identifying factors are still there.

Forum Fanatic
    If your vendetta is so much you NEED to act like this, you should resign as mod. This looks pathetic to any potential new comers. At least take this to IRC. I know I troll and stuff but in no way does my user name and/or title affiliate to this game.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So now it's that any double standards exist, but that I just look pathetic?

I smell a witch hunt.

Enthusiast
    So its fine to exploit loopholes in the forum rules if you are a mod and know the rules better than anyone else. But if you're a regular user and do the same thing but state you're using the same loophole the mod used you'll be banned?. Ok. Will keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Fiskinator; 22-10-2014 at 11:03.

Forum Fanatic
    No Palem it is pathetic and it is encouraging others to also join in and hit FREE. They see a MOD hitting and think it is cool. Just look at all the scrubs like Korp that follow Bishop around thinking they are cool. You are in a position of "power" so users look at your actions and think it is acceptable/fun/cool to ruin the game for others by hitting into wars. If that RK player quits the game and you eventually cause FS to disband, how is this helping the game?

If you was a randomer making these threads, they'd be banned/closed due to flaming and inciting trollish behavior.

Regular
    Face it Palem, you're drawing more hate upon yourself than necessary.

Do the right thing, hang your boots as a MOD, perhaps that way, people might find a way to forgive you.

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    No Palem it is pathetic and it is encouraging others to also join in and hit FREE. They see a MOD hitting and think it is cool. Just look at all the scrubs like Korp that follow Bishop around thinking they are cool. You are in a position of "power" so users look at your actions and think it is acceptable/fun/cool to ruin the game for others by hitting into wars. If that RK player quits the game and you eventually cause FS to disband, how is this helping the game?

If you was a randomer making these threads, they'd be banned/closed due to flaming and inciting trollish behavior.
    Just a small thing - its FREE, not FREEAKSTYLE. Both KDs are about equally old though? I cant remember an age without them.
    FREE

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post

very mean of you to end this drama with disbanding fs :(

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0fanity View Post
    Face it Palem, you're drawing more hate upon yourself than necessary.

Do the right thing, hang your boots as a MOD, perhaps that way, people might find a way to forgive you.

Can we get bishop to clarify loc/prov name/kd name posting rules please?

If palem isn't banned and Araq is, surely there is a logical explanation.

No back seat moderating, do it again and I will ban the lot of you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    No back seat moderating, do it again and I will ban the lot of you.
    Lol

Post Demon
    Agree on this Badass. Bishop is doing an awesome job as Utopia-mod (he has helped me out with problems on various occasions over the last 2-3 ages, and did so swiftly), but the forum modding is a joke. Lot of double-standards. I got banned for posting something slightly off-topic twice or thrice now, while others are free to do as they choose.

I'm sure we can find someone else willing to moderate these forums. If the large majority of the community doesn't agree with how things are done, why would keep the same person in place? And there will be more than enough candidates to do so.

If you have an issue with forum rules or moderation please contact a mod.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information