Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is how now utopia is played?

Forum Fanatic
    lol fair terms. -_-

I shall take this time to re-state my stance on what we do when we asked a kingdom whether they want a LD or not. There would be several replies that I might get

a) Yes,LD - ezpz
    b) No, already arranged with another kingdom - sigh :(
    c) No, we have another war with xx - ok gl hf. send me a cf, I'll accept
    d) No, we want to grow into this acres - this is tricky. I will relook at the kingdom page and determine how oversized those provinces are. If its barely oversized, I will ask them to send me a CF (I have done that to two kingdoms this age)
    If it's way oversized... I will just let them know that I am not able to CF and if my provs do find them as a target and random them.. It's really because they look too juicy. I would also inform them that I am pretty certain those xx provinces will be hit by other kingdoms.

Once again, the concept of land dropping warring tier kingdoms isn't new. It's something that many whoring kingdoms are doing every age. Even before Pyromaniacs have started whoring :) I don't see what's the purpose of singling us out when all whoring kingdoms have done it before? Is there a reason? :P

Thanks
    Last edited by TheOne; 22-10-2014 at 18:38.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

CJ, you are supposed to attack them with no warning ahead of time and not give them any opportunity to prepare or manage the hit. That is how you act fairly. Come on. Sleepy has been every clear about this ever since Mike^ first posted.

Diplomacy before hit = bad
    Diplomacy after hit = good
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Forum Fanatic
    the sad state of the game is that structured acre farmouts are desired (for stupid reasons really), and warring tier kingdoms are almost all horrible. if people were rational actors, they would approach oop the smart way instead of the stupid way, but that is too much to ask of people.

such is the result of the game's overwhelming war focus and the rot it has instilled in the player base. literally, people have to be held by the hand to make sure they do things which should be obvious, and it's not just an activity thing or a leadership thing.
    Last edited by noobium; 22-10-2014 at 16:19.

Ok, the following is not sarcastic.

noobium,

what do you mean that this is a consequence of the war focus? What so many people comment on as a grand feature of the game is that everyone can make their own fun and seek it in their own way. Why is this suddenly a bad thing?
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Forum Fanatic
    weren't you *****ing about structured acre collections an age or two ago?

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    weren't you *****ing about structured acre collections an age or two ago?
    Absolutely! But it was explained that top KD's want to negotiate structured acres collections and there is nothing wrong with that. Having now accepted that the prevailing sentiment in the game is that there is nothing wrong with structured acres collections and the top has no real interest in warring, I now move on to the question:

"Given that structured acres collections are OK, why is it wrong to engage in diplomacy to structure the acres before initiating hits?"

Certainly it happens in the top doesn't it? "our Cf expires in 48 hrs, give us XX acres or we give notice" and they dance about extend or not and so on right?

this is just a different play on the same practice.

Again, its not that I think it is the greatest, but it is how the top kingdoms have structure play right? So, given the point we are starting from in reviewing this action, this is not in the least bit objectionable.

Post Fiend
    Different kids are playing for different things (i.e whoring and warring). If a whoring kd offers to take acres from a warring kd because of their differing goals, I don't see whats wrong with it. Both parties achieve what they want and its a win win situation. Cj you are just getting blamed for being too hardworking and stop feeding the trolls
    In my own comfort ghetto
    PyroManiaCs (retired)
    AC (retired)

I have to agree with heiney I think. There does not seem to be anything wrong here. Notice the only complainers seem to be from sleepy. I don't see the forum warriors of CR, BB, pewpew, jerks, etc all talking about how this is so terrible (probably because they all do it at least to a certain extent.) So it seems like the only thing CJ does differently is to try to engage people with more alacrity than others.

odd ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

OP doesn't seem to have a sense of humour. What's the big deal?

Regular
    I think the sense of humor in Sleepy is fine. That being said, my main issue with LD proposal is that it lacks balls. Take a guy waving his dick all round the place- once push comes to shove it becomes apparent there are no balls to support the pillar. Perhaps Sleepy will use this opportunity to educate people in the ways of men.

sure, right after pyro and the rest of the top make them feel like a natural woman.

I see nothing wrong in what cJ is doing here, at least he isnt hitting into active hostiles as some other growth kingdoms..

Also lets face it if pyro didnt ask they could just take them instead and not give anything in exchange for the acres, here they are offering a CF to avoid the war kingdom being randomed, before they come back and ask again after their next war... Again they will only come back and ask if the said kingdom is still in size range for pyro to earn anything out of it.
    War is what happens when language fails.

If you don't know how to whore well you need to find other ways to grow

Thread Information